Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I took a long walk for perspective

There has been a lot of heated discussion the last few months around recruiting:

Fucking offer in-state studs already, don't offer kids from Texas that we? have no shot at, why are we? offering kids who suck, which coaches are failing at recruiting (Kwat), fuck you and your manic episodes with your stupid insecurities because I trust the coaches, etc., etc., etc.....

My long walk has led me to this obvious conclusion:

Things at UW are so good that us retards are able to bitch about little things that need to get better as though they are actually gigantic problems. The reality is recruiting is improving every year, positions are starting to stack talent (QB, WR, DL, DB), there are some killer recruiters (Malloe has joined Lake, Lubick, Hamdan, and Huff), Coach Pete is slow to adjust strategy but nevertheless he always adjusts, and UW is putting players in the NFL at an accelerated rate (next year is going to be ridiculous).

Coach Pete has done all this without the Blue Chips of USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, and even ASU. Now he is getting those Blue Chips.

Shit is going to be maximum Doog for the next few years at a level we haven't seen in a while. I'm going to be getting a fuck load of FREE PUB! with all the Doog Shit that is going to go down.

At times it seems like some of us don't trust the coaches, but really it's just about always wanting improvement.

I think it's safe to say we all fucking trust the coaches.

If you don't, I can't fucking help you, but maybe this tweet can (speaking of which, WestCoastCFB is fucking killing it these days):

Commence doogin my brothers.

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Impressively drunk for a Tuesday morning

Am I supposed to wait until night time or something? What am I, a fucking Binturong?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2018
    Some guys here have PTSD from husky failures of seasons past. It's like their brains won't allow them to drink in uw success...

Someone gets handed a free beer here ... "hey, where's the fucking straw!?"
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,460
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We want Bama!?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,177
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

Some guys here have PTSD from husky failures of seasons past. It's like their brains won't allow them to drink in uw success...

Someone gets handed a free beer here ... "hey, where's the fucking straw!?"

Husky fans love to bask in their misery
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We're considering Huff a killer recruiter now? Let's not confuse good players with difficult targets. Curne is the biggest pull he's gotten so far, and he was a three-star from a small school who didn't get good offers until late. I like Huff, but he hasn't done anywhere near enough to be crowned already.

He got Mele from AZ who had an offer from Oklahoma before he committed
    I could have picked either one because they're roughly the same. I still think it's harder to get a kid out of Texas, but either way it's not like either of them are elite recruits. Putting him in the same bracket as Lake is way premature.
  • Options

We're considering Huff a killer recruiter now? Let's not confuse good players with difficult targets. Curne is the biggest pull he's gotten so far, and he was a three-star from a small school who didn't get good offers until late. I like Huff, but he hasn't done anywhere near enough to be crowned already.

I could have picked either one because they're roughly the same. I still think it's harder to get a kid out of Texas, but either way it's not like either of them are elite recruits. Putting him in the same bracket as Lake is way premature.
    I think Vic is elite not from the underwear Olympic point of view, but more like no fucking way kid that big and fat should be moving soft and fast
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Agree putting him with Lake is premature. Having high expectations based on last year is not.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think Vic is elite not from the underwear Olympic point of view, but more like no fucking way kid that big and fat should be moving soft and fast
    Sure, but again, let's not conflate how good a recruit is with how hard it was to recruit them. I really like Curne as a player. I'm also fairly optimistic about Huff, but we still don't really know what kind of recruiter he's going to be.
  • Options

Sure, but again, let's not conflate how good a recruit is with how hard it was to recruit them. I really like Curne as a player. I'm also fairly optimistic about Huff, but we still don't really know what kind of recruiter he's going to be.
    Agree, but if a coach is able to identify elite talent early and get them in the boat early. I don’t really give a fuck, how hard they were to get
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I have all the screenshots I need
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This peir of perspective wasn't short enough
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Nurple said:

Sometimes the look within is a fuck load deeper and scarier than you expected.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nurple said:

Fuck perspective.

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

If he gets good players, why the fuck should I care if he is getting difficult to recruit ones?

Do we get a degree of difficulty score adjustments on Saturdays in the Fall? Is this figure skating?