Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I’m genuinely excited to watch the NBA Finals matchup this year between the Rockets and the Warriors.

Should be a tremendous series ... the Warriors are going to need a relatively healthy Curry to pull it out.

My expectation is that it'd be a series that goes 7 and the Warriors pull it out on the road. But I definitely think that the Rockets will likely jump out early in the series and the Warriors will likely have to win Games 6 and 7 to win the series.
    As much as people give CP3 shit for being a loser I thinks it’s clear this year that he was playing with a bunch of losers in LAC. He’s a great PG and deserves a championship.

I’m not a big Harden guy but his story is cool. Known as the 3rd wheel in OKC and got laughed at when he wanted big dick money and now is one of the best players in the NBA and has built a great team around him. Pretty much the opposite of what Durant did.
    OKC was fucking stupid to get rid of Harden ... they made a really stupid decision trying to outsmart themselves.

That being said, I don't think Harden is at this level if he stayed at OKC.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Pacers have always played Lebron well for some reason. Can never beat him but can put him on the brink. The Raptors however have a Lebron problem and it shouldn’t get past 6. I see the 76ers facing them in the ECF but Lebron will take advantage of the inexperience of the young team and win in 6 again.

Sadly he will lose in 5 against the Rockets or the Warriors.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I’m genuinely excited to watch the NBA Finals matchup this year between the Rockets and the Warriors.

Should be a tremendous series ... the Warriors are going to need a relatively healthy Curry to pull it out.

My expectation is that it'd be a series that goes 7 and the Warriors pull it out on the road. But I definitely think that the Rockets will likely jump out early in the series and the Warriors will likely have to win Games 6 and 7 to win the series.
    I don't think the Dubs would even need Curry to take down Houston in 6. They can put Durant/Iggy/Thompson on Harden/CP3 and hold them in check enough to win 4 outta 6. Capela won't hurt GS much either with McGee and Green protecting the rim. When GS is focused, they're as good of a defensive team as we've seen since the Spurs.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

I don't think the Dubs would even need Curry to take down Houston in 6. They can put Durant/Iggy/Thompson on Harden/CP3 and hold them in check enough to win 4 outta 6. Capela won't hurt GS much either with McGee and Green protecting the rim. When GS is focused, they're as good of a defensive team as we've seen since the Spurs.
    The fact that you think you can just stick Durant on Harden or Paul shows you don’t understand how Houston’s offense works at all.

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

The fact that you think you can just stick Durant on Harden or Paul shows you don’t understand how Houston’s offense works at all.
    Kreist. Watch and see in a couple weeks. Then you can disappear again.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Perennial all star Tristan Thompson played great
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s easier said than done to slow down Harden and CP3 ... the Warriors are better positioned than most to do so
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Nate Silver has done it again!
    The Celtics are about to win a second round playoff game without there first, second and fourth best players. That’s assuming you have Brown rated higher than Tatum (which I do) and Irving rated higher Rozier (questionable). Brad Stevens is a god.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Celtics are about to win a second round playoff game without there first, second and fourth best players. That’s assuming you have Brown rated higher than Tatum (which I do) and Irving rated higher Rozier (questionable). Brad Stevens is a god.

Low bar

This is breaking nicely for the Cavs. They own the Raptors and Celtics

Low bar

This is breaking nicely for the Cavs. They own the Raptors and Celtics
    I think Bron runs outta gas the next round. Hard to see anybody doing what He’s done for another 3 weeks to get to the Finals. I still think the Sixers get their shit together and take out the C’s despite tonight.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I long ago thought LeBron would slow down. At this point nothing would surprise me. He openly admitted he was extremely exhausted and hadn't even thought about Toronto yet. I'll predict the Cavs get annihilated by like 40 in game 1 but split the road openers and ultimately win in 6/7.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Where's @Fire_Marshall_Bill for the pickem?

For the NBA? Jesus Christ no...fucking ball hogs, AAU fags with little fundamentals, and lazy fucks who camp out at the 3 point line. I wouldn't waste the time and effort. Unrelated: Whenever I tune in a game it's the Celtics 90% of the time..it's weird.

If the Sonics still existed and were good, I might give it a passing thought.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Where's @Fire_Marshall_Bill for the pickem?

For the NBA? Jesus Christ no...fucking ball hogs, AAU fags with little fundamentals, and lazy fucks who camp out at the 3 point line. I wouldn't waste the time and effort. Unrelated: Whenever I tune in a game it's the Celtics 90% of the time..it's weird.

If the Sonics still existed and were good, I might give it a passing thought.
    Ironic since this analysis is lazy

I'd go Irvin, Heyward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Rozier but it's highly debatable for sure.

At this poont with Pop on the down side of his career Brad Stevens is the best coach in the NBA.
    dnc said:

I'd go Irvin, Heyward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Rozier but it's highly debatable for sure.

At this poont with Pop on the down side of his career Brad Stevens is the best coach in the NBA.
    if the GSW are able to do what they should do this Season, which is win an NBA Championship, it's Steve Kerr. Getting a bunch of try hards out of the 1st round in a "loaded East" isn't enough for me.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

if the GSW are able to do what they should do this Season, which is win an NBA Championship, it's Steve Kerr. Getting a bunch of try hards out of the 1st round in a "loaded East" isn't enough for me.
    How many rings does Brad Stevens have?

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

I like Kerr a lot and I'd put him at #3, and in the first tier. If I'm buying a team and I can steal either one I'm taking Stevens over him though.