Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kim getting into it with the subscribers on alcoholism in the workplace

Comments

• NevadaduckNevadaduck Member Posts: 193
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Calling BS on the Med caused effect. Yeast infection medications have no Opiate/Depressant properties, hence, no accelerated alcohol effect. Unknown how 17 shots of Patron affects the swelling of the labia.
    edited August 2015
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Calling BS on the Med caused effect. Yeast infection medications have no Opiate/Depressant properties, hence, no accelerated alcohol effect. Unknown how 17 shots of Patron affects the swelling of the labia.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Kudos. Well articulated.

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Satchel said:

Zima

What. The. Fuck.
    Dont' worry, it drinks like a mikes hard lemonade mixed with sparkx
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If we're talking about the CEO with a bar in his office... I'm going to have to see video evidence (not brietbart) of 1a, 3b and part of 5... or it never happened.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989

Swaye?
    Swaye's new profile pic?

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

• DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The thread is constantly updating but here are some of the good tidbits. This is in the Sark Presser live thread

Kim: Address the media once. Do the mandatory meetings. Clean up your act, No more incidents. Win games.
    All is forgotten if you win. Two first games are gimmes's . September 19th against Stanford
    Please tell me you're not naive enough to think there isn't booze in coaches offices and locker rooms.
    Hang around football coaches long enough and you find out they're just as competitive off the field as on in many cases. Booze and skirts included.
    Again, football mirrors real life. Anybody at your office have booze in their drawer?
    Sark doesn't have any more strikes to give. There are some boosters who never wanted him hired in the first place.
    I don't think it will take long for the next news cycle in LA. Won't be long until Mora puts his foot in his mouth again . USC/UCLA should be interesting this year
    I'll be surprised if the incident is talked about again by Sark or USC officials........as long as he wins.

Poster A- You are minimalizing this...
    Big difference between a glass of scotch and raging drunk.
    Plus you have kids involved, state employee (uw not sc), public figure...
    And don't tell me competitive, if it was about competitive the he wouldn't be out boozing it up with sorority girls the night before the game...e.g., Oregon, @Arizona, @ASU...and the get blown out. Smh...

Poster B- Ummmm hell no. And if they did, they would be fired immediately. Did you actually just ask that? (responding to the booze in the drawer at the workplace comment)

Poster C- +1
    Extremely inappropriate.
    Sounds like Kim will be surprised to find out that office life isn't like Mad Men.

Kim: I always did at my office. Many friends as well. My son is a tech guy. Not unusual. half his office smokes weed on their breaks. Big time tech company as well. Friends at Microsoft who do it all the time as well.
    Not condoning it, but there's the real world out there.

Poster D- Uh, no one in my office has booze in their drawer And yes, they would be fired if they were drinking on the job. I don't consider myself naive but if you think Sarks behavior is anything close to appropriate you might be the one who is a bit naive......

Kim: (responding) I never said it was appropriate. Why on earth would you want to put those words in my mouth? That's extremely inappropriate. Hate it when people do that. It's the same as lying. I never said anything remotely close.

Kim: When you have a substance problem, there are laws and procedures. You guys should know that. If somebody has an issue, you can't just fire them.
    When Ryan Leaf got busted over and over again, he got ripped and laughed out by many out here. It was pretty obvious the guy had a serious problem. I think to most, it was sad, not funny.
    With Sark, I think he has a drinking problem. If he does, the incident isn't funny. If he needs help, he needs to go through the proper process, protocol,etc. Again, you can't just fire the guy if he has a substance problem. It's the same thing for most of you out here.

Poster E- Kim think Don James had a running bar in his office? HELL NO! Never worked at a place where people had alcohol at there desks and I worked in offices since the 70s.

Poster F- (to Kim) Sounds like you have an alcohol problem too! ;)
    And relating the IT world to the business world is apples & oranges. I think anyone who's been around and worked in both both knows the IT world isn't a typical "business environment".
    And I've worked with guys who've had "3 martini lunches" when it was sort of the norm. But they never had booze stashed away in their desks.

Poster G- This. I am in IT and if i ever got caught "boozing it up" in my office, thats an automatic firing. Period. Having a beer at lunch is exempt because a) its not company time (in most cases) and b) ITS NOT AT YOUR DESK!!!!!
    Not sure what "real world" some live in, but the real world I live in has strict "no drinking on the job" policy. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find any company policy hand book that says "drinking on the job? Sure, why not!" Microsoft included.
    BTW, smoking weed is no where NEAR = to drinking. Not even close.

bump worthy

Hi J

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

We all drink at Jiffy Lube. My location has lost money 6 quarters in a row. Rip it!

Nowadays you can get fucked up for free at Orkin just by leaving your mask in the truck. Upgrade!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    its not a mask he just has red skin
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

We all drink at Jiffy Lube. My location has lost money 6 quarters in a row. Rip it!

Nowadays you can get fucked up for free at Orkin just by leaving your mask in the truck. Upgrade!
    Lysol and Kool Aid, neat.