Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to all the Fast Strategy kids we won't be offering

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I expect DDY to come in guns blazing in 3, 2, 1 to learn y'all....some of the takes in this thread are extremely naive and borderline racist.

That kids from shitty areas are generally dumb as fuck and likely to cause trouble?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I expect DDY to come in guns blazing in 3, 2, 1 to learn y'all....some of the takes in this thread are extremely naive and borderline racist.

HH is predominantly white, so racism is just a natural thang

HH is predominantly white, so racism is just a natural thang
    WMNJ
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

pat_hm said:

Gladstone said:

pat_hm said:

I also think it’s easy to look at 247 and see these guys and get upset weren’t not offering but we don’t know the real story. Petersen does his homework. There’s a reason. The recruiting has improved every season and with that the # of guys entering the league will only increase. We’re talking 10 next year.

Agreed. Well said.
    pat_hm said:

If that’s not enough to convince some kid to attend UW over USC/Oregon then they’re not worth the time to begin with.

Doogism.
    Have any of you actually had conversations with said kids? I have. Oregon knows what they want to hear and they eat it up. You mean I can smoke weed and play Xbox in the locker room and wear cool uniforms and get Jordan’s SIGN ME UP! That’s why I mean. Petersen isn’t going to play that game so why waste the time? Do I think he could lighten up a bit and have more fun with it? Yes. Absolutely. I think we started to see that a bit this past class. I just believe It’s a lost cause wasting resources on “talent” that thinks so short term. Coach Pete agrees with me. And clearly programs like Oregon and USC either 1) don’t tell them the entire truth or 2) are banking on their god given talent and will deal with the other issues in the future. The risk is massive underachievement and attrition.

I’m sorry but I like the Will Dissly’s in the program. They create the culture and expection. Treshawns don’t.
    I like Budda Bakers also!

Why can’t we have both?
    If you consider Budda Baker and Kevin King fast strategy then we’re talking apples and oranges here. My definition is completely different than yours then. Of course I love those guys. But Bellevue and Bishop O’Dowd are light years different than some of the high schools /areas down in Southern California. Those are palaces compared to Hawthorne, Compton and Long Beach. I remember seeing a picture of Budda in Hawaii with the Bowman’s when he was in HS; the kids I’ve worked with haven’t even been to Santa Monica before and they live in LA...

It’s not hard to spot a cancer. Go watch Tresahwns commitment video and tell why you think he would have been a positive influence on this team. Go read the quotes by Deommore Lenoir this offseason. There are reasons we don’t bring certain personalities into this culture. See why James Osborne has said about ego’s. This is why I’m eluding to. The guys who’s only goal is to get to the NFL in three years and get paid. Cancers.

Idk, taking a risk with 1-2 should not be that bad. I rather have insanity talented kid that is little fucked up in the head than players like kyler manu, John turner, Michael Neal

Go watch the Ted talk on givers and takers and you’ll see why Petersen chooses Will Dissly over Treshawn Harrison.
    pat_hm said:

Idk, taking a risk with 1-2 should not be that bad. I rather have insanity talented kid that is little fucked up in the head than players like kyler manu, John turner, Michael Neal

Go watch the Ted talk on givers and takers and you’ll see why Petersen chooses Will Dissly over Treshawn Harrison.
    no
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

pat_hm said:

Gladstone said:

pat_hm said:

I also think it’s easy to look at 247 and see these guys and get upset weren’t not offering but we don’t know the real story. Petersen does his homework. There’s a reason. The recruiting has improved every season and with that the # of guys entering the league will only increase. We’re talking 10 next year.

Agreed. Well said.
    pat_hm said:

If that’s not enough to convince some kid to attend UW over USC/Oregon then they’re not worth the time to begin with.

Doogism.
    Have any of you actually had conversations with said kids? I have. Oregon knows what they want to hear and they eat it up. You mean I can smoke weed and play Xbox in the locker room and wear cool uniforms and get Jordan’s SIGN ME UP! That’s why I mean. Petersen isn’t going to play that game so why waste the time? Do I think he could lighten up a bit and have more fun with it? Yes. Absolutely. I think we started to see that a bit this past class. I just believe It’s a lost cause wasting resources on “talent” that thinks so short term. Coach Pete agrees with me. And clearly programs like Oregon and USC either 1) don’t tell them the entire truth or 2) are banking on their god given talent and will deal with the other issues in the future. The risk is massive underachievement and attrition.

I’m sorry but I like the Will Dissly’s in the program. They create the culture and expection. Treshawns don’t.

Why can’t we have both?
    Hate to state the obvious, but we have had both, since both Budda and Dissly played here.
    pat_hm said:

This entire message board is naive and borderline racist. You have people starting threads after we offered a kid with “(dark skinned)” in parenthesis. It’s embarrassing. It’s almost like the majority of posters have never left Seattle/Western Washington which isn’t exactly the cradle of diversity.
    I agree with this. It is one thing to be fearless in discussing things that can't be talked about elsewhere because they will be shouted down with (unfair) charges of racism, like the fast strategy/slow strategy stuff. A lot of the stuff on here isn't in that category. I actually believe most of it is satirical and/or in jest, but it is still a bad look. I've been guilty of that at times, for sure.
  • KkkliffKkklingsburyKkkliffKkklingsbury Member Posts: 151
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

pat_hm said:

This entire message board is naive and borderline racist. You have people starting threads after we offered a kid with “(dark skinned)” in parenthesis. It’s embarrassing. It’s almost like the majority of posters have never left Seattle/Western Washington which isn’t exactly the cradle of diversity.
    I agree with this. It is one thing to be fearless in discussing things that can't be talked about elsewhere because they will be shouted down with (unfair) charges of racism, like the fast strategy/slow strategy stuff. A lot of the stuff on here isn't in that category. I actually believe most of it is satirical and/or in jest, but it is still a bad look. I've been guilty of that at times, for sure.
    HURTFUL
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pat_hm said:

Oregon recruits strictly fast strategy...how many guys did they put into the league this year???

I don't get this at all. Oregon recruits mostly 3 stars with a handful of 4 stars just like you guys.

The PTSD of 12 in a row has fucked with a lot of Dwag's in regard of what Oregon really is in the here and now.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

salemcoog said:

pat_hm said:

Oregon recruits strictly fast strategy...how many guys did they put into the league this year???

I don't get this at all. Oregon recruits mostly 3 stars with a handful of 4 stars just like you guys.

The PTSD of 12 in a row has fucked with a lot of Dwag's in regard of what Oregon really is in the here and now.
    You really don't really have any idea what you are talking about.

CPOTD
    Then by all means, do continue to over value a program due to their status 5 years ago.

Doog like that.
    salemcoog said:

pat_hm said:

It's the type of players Oregon targets. Oregon targets me first players while Petersen targets team first players.

This article is a perfect example of the type of 4 star Oregon goes after...It's all about him. Not once does he mention his team or winning. It's just me me me me me. Our two cultures couldn't be more different imo.

“I’m not concerned by the numbers because I’m trying to eat," he told DuckTerritory with eDuck prior to Thursday's practice. "I’m trying to make the most of my time here.

"I’m ready to show that I’m the best in the nation," he said. "I'm beyond ready."
    That ego has been repaired in part by new cornerback coach Donte Williams. Lenoir and Williams go way back. The pair first met when Lenoir was a freshman at Salesian and Williams an up-and-comer at San Jose State. Williams continued to recruit him at every stop before losing out to the Ducks.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Gladstone said:

pat_hm said:

Agreed. Well said.
    pat_hm said:

Doogism.

Why can’t we have both?
    If you consider Budda Baker and Kevin King fast strategy then we’re talking apples and oranges here. My definition is completely different than yours then. Of course I love those guys. But Bellevue and Bishop O’Dowd are light years different than some of the high schools /areas down in Southern California. Those are palaces compared to Hawthorne, Compton and Long Beach. I remember seeing a picture of Budda in Hawaii with the Bowman’s when he was in HS; the kids I’ve worked with haven’t even been to Santa Monica before and they live in LA...

It’s not hard to spot a cancer. Go watch Tresahwns commitment video and tell why you think he would have been a positive influence on this team. Go read the quotes by Deommore Lenoir this offseason. There are reasons we don’t bring certain personalities into this culture. See why James Osborne has said about ego’s. This is why I’m eluding to. The guys who’s only goal is to get to the NFL in three years and get paid. Cancers.
    OK, so yeah, fast strategy is an actual science thingy. It’s not about what HS you go to. So you are talking about stuff completely different, like you said.

I just want to make sure the fast strategy stuff doesn’t get tied to what you are talking about.
    edited April 2018
    salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

salemcoog said:

pat_hm said:

You really don't really have any idea what you are talking about.

CPOTD
    Then by all means, do continue to over value a program due to their status 5 years ago.

Doog like that.
    I'm going to do the unprecedented around here and admit my reaction to your post was probably a bit unfair. Oregon's recruiting profile has been stronger than UW's until the last year or two, though, as you point out, not massively different. But benchmarking against them has nothing to do with PTSD and everything to do with Oregon being our regional competition for recruits and the other program in our immediate neighborhood in recruiting pecking order within the conference.

The tides in recruiting can sometimes take that long to turn. That is especially true for Petersen's substance-based approach. Oregon is still pretty successful selling hype and flash, despite their notable lack of on-field performance.

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

pat_hm said:

We? have Norwegians, Swedes and Danes. We have 'Bodes, Laotians, and Viets. We have queers, genderqueers, trannies, drags, nonbinaries, flamers, bears and trykes. There's diversity coming out the ass. Get woke, bruh.
    Wait, did I miss the mention of black people?

All I saw was different variations of Caucasian, Asian, and gender.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

pat_hm said:

We? have Norwegians, Swedes and Danes. We have 'Bodes, Laotians, and Viets. We have queers, genderqueers, trannies, drags, nonbinaries, flamers, bears and trykes. There's diversity coming out the ass. Get woke, bruh.
    Wait, did I miss the mention of black people?

All I saw was different variations of Caucasian, Asian, and gender.
    Huh?