Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Greatest program to never have won a post WWII Natty?

Comments

• JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wisconsin
    The badgers win rose bowls and pop off every now and then
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Oregon

The badgers win rose bowls and pop off every now and then

Props to Wisky for not claiming the fraudulent Helms championship for 1942, but we beat them in the Rose Bowel... so there.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Oregon

salemcoog said:

Washington.

It's in a case about 10 mins down the street from my house. Stop by some time and I will show it to you.

Play the '90/91 Canes or GTFO.
    Oregon
    Doogs will never admit this, but deep inside even they question the legitimacy of that trophy in the era where championship games are played and won on the field.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Doogs will never admit this, but deep inside even they question the legitimacy of that trophy in the era where championship games are played and won on the field.

Only real solution is for Billy Joe Camaro to lace up his white shoes and show why he's the best quarterback in Kerng County history.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    None of the above.

Winners win and losers kiss the fucking rings bitch.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2018
    Texas A & M

salemcoog said:

Washington.

It's in a case about 10 mins down the street from my house. Stop by some time and I will show it to you.

Fuck the Canes. They didn't want anything to do with us. 2-1 bitches.
    Sure. That's what you faggots tell yourself.

They butchered the team your Sallys had to come from behind to beat, but somehow where a scurred to play.

Sure.

And Washington is 4 games down to Air Force all-time.

I just love all tim records to make my poont. Just love it.

Get back to your record store row boat.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LOL you haven’t the slightest fucking clue of what your talking about.
    Oregon
    haie said:

You're a stupid worthless doog, but it's obvious even your doog conscience is telling you it's true. Win a playoff game you peasant. Wait, fuck that, beat Arizona State then come back with your big boy talk.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    creep and obk triggered in the same thread.

lol

Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

You're a stupid worthless doog, but it's obvious even your doog conscience is telling you it's true. Win a playoff game you peasant. Wait, fuck that, beat Arizona State then come back with your big boy talk.
    Oregon lost to Arizona State last year
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

And Boise State. And WSU
    Texas A & M

salemcoog said:

Washington.

They butchered the team your Sallys had to come from behind to beat, but somehow where a scurred to play.

Sure.
    Cuz there is an equivalence to playing the Huskers early in the season in Lincoln with the Canes getting them in Miami on Jan 1st? That kind of logic on the LSAT wouldn't even get one into the University of Idaho pretend law school.

salemcoog said:

Washington.

Sure.
    Cuz there is an equivalence to playing the Huskers early in the season in Lincoln with the Canes getting them in Miami on Jan 1st? That kind of logic on the LSAT wouldn't even get one into the University of Idaho pretend law school.
    Jesus row boat! This is a rookie response in this argument genre. I was swatting that shit away back in the royotis days. Sheeit man.

First, it was the Orange Bowl. Nebraska had their allotment, and they were always filled 100%. I used to go to those games. In those days, there were a lot of pasty-white fat cheese- eating mid western dipshits in Miami in early January. It was a rite of passage for the winner of the Big 8, which was routinely Nebraska. They had more than enough fans there. Plus, it had rained and the field was shit, a decidedly helpful externality for the run-happy Huskers.

They never got inside Miami's 20 fucking yard line bitch. Not. One. Fucking. Tim. They held Nebraska to 82 yards rushing. Total. Eighty. Two. Fucking. Yards. For the game. How many tims did that happen to Nebraska when Nebraska was Nebraska damnit??!!??!! Hmm? Huh?? Exactly.

Miami cruised to such an early lead so easily that they put it in cruise the rest of the way. That could have been easily the worst losses in Nebraska history had Miami's offense not gone into shut-down. As it stands, it's still one of them.

Early season doesn't have shit to do with my balls or rowboat or anything else. What? Did Don Fucking James fail to have the boys ready to play in Lincoln? R U Serious? Look, it's one thing to have a good Cal team sneak up on you. No shame in that. It happens. But Nebraska, in those days, on the road or at home? Nah. That's a game you're ready to play. Nebraska had Washington's number for a good chunk of the gayme.

Face it. Common opponent suggest that Miami had nothing to be afraid of. I'm sure it would have been a great game. But a Washington route is just frosting that Super Doogs have had to layer on their title cake because it's the only one they have. Understandable.

That said, this fucking idea that Miami would have struggled against that Washington team doesn't have much empirical support beyond homer supposition. Look at the players on both sides. You had future NFL starters and pro bowl players all over that Miami starting 22, not even including Medearis, who was a fucking monster of a D lineman before his career was cut short; and that D overall was stingy as fuck.

Don't take my word for it. Witness the following from the Omaha World Herald:

Nebraska came into the Orange Bowl first nationally in rushing, third in total offense and third in scoring.

But the Huskers never got inside the Miami 20-yard line, ran for only 82 yards and gained 171 yards overall in suffering a fifth straight bowl loss.

The last time Nebraska’s offensive statistics were that feeble was the last time it played Miami. In the Orange Bowl after the 1988 season, the Hurricanes won 23-3 and held the Huskers to 80 yards rushing and 135 total yards — both lows in the 30-year Osborne-Bob Devaney era.

Osborne didn’t disagree after a first-hand look at the nation’s top point-preventing defense, averaging 8.3 a game.

“They were awfully quick, and they were stronger up front than we thought,” he said. “The key is that they did a good job penetrating our offensive line and stopping our running game.”

Nebraska netted 4 yards on its first six possessions, not getting a first down against Miami’s gap-shooting 4-3 alignment until there was 6:11 left in the second quarter.

Overall, 24 of NU’s 57 offensive plays resulted in no gain or minus yardage.

The Huskers entered Miami territory only three times in 14 possessions. One of those was because they started there after an interception.

Tell me again how Jesse fucking Armstead and his friends were going to be a scurred of "NFL cup a coffee" Jay Berry, Beano Bryant & Mario Bailey. It's just not rational.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

And Boise State. And WSU
    And UW...

*snicker*
    Texas A & M
    dflea said:

lol

Fuck 'n A damn right I'm triggered. This is my shit man.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Washington.

@salemcoog.... keep doing you, bro!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon

salemcoog said:

Washington.

Sure.

And

dflea said:

lol

I thought my Idaho School of Law was a nice touch.
    Texas A & M

salemcoog said:

Washington.

Sure.

And

dflea said:

lol

I thought my Idaho School of Law was a nice touch.
    Did I mention Nebrasaka only crossed the 50 yd. line 3 times, one of them because of an interception?

Come on man.