Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

auf Wiedersehen till November...

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited April 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
Have a nice spring and summer playing video games and posting on HH...nobody will be reading once Pumper is gone, but base and packthefudge will post plenty in my absence...I'll donate blood to all the wrist slashees derived from HH depression as a result.
Tagged:

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ll be shit shooting on Farcry 5 and shit poasting here so tchanks!
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Auf Wiedersehen just made me really miss quality schnitzel and sauerbraten with spatzle.

Most here are probably way too young to remember the Schnitzelbank out in Kenmore. The only quality bavarian food place in all of Washington. The shit in Leavenworth never comes close to what the Schnitzelbank served.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    uzi said:

Auf Wiedersehen just made me really miss quality schnitzel and sauerbraten with spatzle.

Most here are probably way too young to remember the Schnitzelbank out in Kenmore. The only quality bavarian food place in all of Washington. The shit in Leavenworth never comes close to what the Schnitzelbank served.

I never went in there but I didn't realize it was gone.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
    uzi said:

I ate there once or twice. That was at least 20 years ago. I'm a Kenmoron, so I see that building often. Glad they left the name "Schnitzelbank" on it.
    edited April 2018

uzi said:

I never went in there but I didn't realize it was gone.
    I think the building is there still, but the owners got out of the restaurant business many years ago. I think it was some kind of gift shop travel store for many years, not really sure what it is now.

I went to Inglemoor back in the day, and one of my buddies worked there and even did the 4 man bavarian folk dance (schuplattler) in the lederhosen, was pretty cool. Our german class went there for an outing and got to watch them dance around in leather shorts.

Kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EzPkqt2Rk

uzi said:

I ate there once or twice. That was at least 20 years ago. I'm a Kenmoron, so I see that building often. Glad they left the name "Schnitzelbank" on it.
    I lived out there as well, back in the day. In college, I used to take dates out to that Italian place near it, forgot the name, but was a great date restaurant... was it called Mias?
    Founders Club
    uzi said:

uzi said:

I lived out there as well, back in the day. In college, I used to take dates out to that Italian place near it, forgot the name, but was a great date restaurant... was it called Mias?
    Mia Roma...

It's gone. The building is there and it was called Capps Club for a while. The same person still owns the building and he's a real Italian.

He rented it out to these people who opened Capps Club... and he went to Italy for an extended period of time. When he came back, the building had been painted black and the new tenants had given away all the old musical instruments (including a piano), etc. that were there before as decoration. This is after the tenants had said that they would keep them.

Last but not least, they didn't pay their rent... some $9000 / month.

The building is white again.

After all the bullshit they pulled on an Italian guy, I wouldn't be surprised if the Capps Club people are now sleeping with the fishes.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    Take this to the faggotty music bored.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Oh, did Puppy "leave" again?
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989

Oh, did Puppy "leave" again?

Insert flying wheel chair pic here. Hth
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Puppy wird wieder vor August mit Geschichten von trashy Gorst Schlampen und die Felge Arbeitsplätze gab er Ihnen

uzi said:

uzi said:

Mia Roma...

It's gone. The building is there and it was called Capps Club for a while. The same person still owns the building and he's a real Italian.

He rented it out to these people who opened Capps Club... and he went to Italy for an extended period of time. When he came back, the building had been painted black and the new tenants had given away all the old musical instruments (including a piano), etc. that were there before as decoration. This is after the tenants had said that they would keep them.

Last but not least, they didn't pay their rent... some $9000 / month.

The building is white again.

After all the bullshit they pulled on an Italian guy, I wouldn't be surprised if the Capps Club people are now sleeping with the fishes.
    Yes, Mia Roma. Loved that place. I had a hunch it was gone now. Too bad.

My latest go to Italian place is Salvatore on Roosevelt near Ravenna. Food is great, service is great. They also have this cool funky large map of Italy on the wall that somebody made out of wine corks.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Italian is not food I ever crave
    Founders Club

Messican is more your style.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Messican is more your style.
    Well yeah. I could eat nothing but.

Also the easiest food to eat out somewhat healthy. Just get a burrito bowl or fajitas.