Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dylan Hall, 2019 4* BUCK, Lancaster (Ant. Valley), CA - Why would we offer?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2018
    Although it's a minor criticism, I think the reason why he hasn't gotten many significant offers is because he has average numbers against mediocre competition. A lot of teams see him as a TE, but BUCK is where I see him as well. The ceiling is high, but we've struck out on so many guys that we are very far behind at that position and need someone who can step in right now. I agree that the current strategy is perplexing. They're not even offering the right guys at that position in the south, let alone the fact that these kids already have offers from championship contenders. The Hudl profiles I posted in the Mataio Soli thread are only two of many who can be much more feasible alternatives at that spot. That goes for not just the south but across the country. I'd focus more on JUCO prospects too.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,097
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought you already knew God hates us.

Hates doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Considering we learn the street names downtown with the phrase “Jesus Christ made Seattle under protest” I don’t know what more you can expect.
    Mom?

I didn't know that acronym survived the 60's
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

I don’t even have to watch the film to be angry anymore. What in the actual fuck are they doing in recruiting right now? It’s almost like we are being punked. I just don’t get the strategy at all.

You’re joking right? What the fuck are we doing in recruiting? Man, relax. We have 7 commits so far and are leading the Pac12 heading into the summer/early signing period. We’ll be fine.

You’re literally freaking out over us not offering the #1148 player IN THE COUNTRY. Kid isn’t even top 100 in California. I get DDY’s BUCK angst and sure this kid has upside but no other significant program has offered him either. LIPO. You don’t get the strategy? We’re not Tennessee or Oregon throwing out insignificant offers to kids that can’t make it in our program.

Man some of you whine and bitch more than my girlfriend my god. I go here to escape that shit.
    No, I am freaking out over the fact UW can’t recruit an edge pash rusher to save their life and keep offering kids from Georgia, much like Tennessee or Oregon might, rather than in an area they’ve had some actual success.
    We're all frustrated about missing on Martin, DJ Johnson etc. Do I wish we could have landed a legit BUCK last year? Obviously. Do I think the sky is falling? Not at all. We've got some disrupters. Benning looked great this spring and I fully expect him start at said position. After that it's a bunch of competition outside. We obviously need to stack, stack and stack some more however we've got some intriguing guys (Tryon, Eifler, Ngata, Amadre etc) and developing talent hasn't been the problem..it's bringing it in. Kaho could end up as a BUCK. Outsidebacker isn't our strongest position group obviously however I do see lots of intriguing, young upside guys and we still have plenty of time before signing day to bring in a few for this class. LIPO.
    Dude kaho does not have the frame to play buck, he has a frame of a sam
    Frame superiority guy
  • tvoie said:

I don’t even have to watch the film to be angry anymore. What in the actual fuck are they doing in recruiting right now? It’s almost like we are being punked. I just don’t get the strategy at all.

It feels like any momentum that UW had for recruiting died harder then Ballsdeep trying to make a point. And what in the world is drawing kids to Oregon right now?
    Good question. I think it has more to do with Jim Leavitt than Cristobal. I'm not sure why Mase Funa was never offered either.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

tvoie said:

It feels like any momentum that UW had for recruiting died harder then Ballsdeep trying to make a point. And what in the world is drawing kids to Oregon right now?
    Oregon has a brand. They occupy space in people’s minds.

Also, Cristobal is a hell of a great recruiter.

Recruiting is sales. You are pitching a kid on something in the future. So if you have a good brand to sell and you can sell, chances are - you can do well.
    Swaye's Wigwam

tvoie said:

Recruiting is sales. You are pitching a kid on something in the future. So if you have a good brand to sell and you can sell, chances are - you can do well.
    All true but can Oregon FINISH this year?

Serious question, has UW out recruited Oregon the last two years?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

tvoie said:

As long as we can have recruiting momentum for next year then this year's momentum doesn't matter that much!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    elord821 said:

tvoie said:

Good question. I think it has more to do with Jim Leavitt than Cristobal. I'm not sure why Mase Funa was never offered either.

tvoie said:

Do you not realize who you are replying to?

tvoie said:

All true but can Oregon FINISH this year?

Serious question, has UW out recruited Oregon the last two years?
    They’ve been pretty close to us - but last year our class was epic (save for BUCK). So we were a bit ahead. Even then, not as far as we should be.
    dnc said:

elord821 said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Didn’t you just get offered by USC?

dnc said:

elord821 said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Didn’t you just get offered by USC?
    Fight on bitches!!

Swaye's Wigwam
    The one positive about Country Legend Clay Helton is that he understands that the less you say the smarter you sound. A lesson Sark never got

Problem for Clay is that he really isn't smart but most coaches aren't. But he sounds like a coach which along with a playoff appearance could save his job

The one positive about Country Legend Clay Helton is that he understands that the less you say the smarter you sound. A lesson Sark never got

Problem for Clay is that he really isn't smart but most coaches aren't. But he sounds like a coach which along with a playoff appearance could save his job

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

You’re joking right? What the fuck are we doing in recruiting? Man, relax. We have 7 commits so far and are leading the Pac12 heading into the summer/early signing period. We’ll be fine.

You’re literally freaking out over us not offering the #1148 player IN THE COUNTRY. Kid isn’t even top 100 in California. I get DDY’s BUCK angst and sure this kid has upside but no other significant program has offered him either. LIPO. You don’t get the strategy? We’re not Tennessee or Oregon throwing out insignificant offers to kids that can’t make it in our program.

Man some of you whine and bitch more than my girlfriend my god. I go here to escape that shit.
    Pat, I love and respect you... but...

1. RE: 7 commits. It doesn't matter when they commit, it's who you sign. We aren't 'leading' anything. We have more commits than anyone else, but USC would only take 2 of our commits and out of those two one (Pa'ama) might not even actually know what 'commit' means.
    2. #1148, huh? Great point. Except for the fact that the services have no fucking idea what they are doing. Me and Coker aren't perfect, but we've been a fuck of a lot more accurate than 247 on kids.
    3. Last year we offered Martin late and A&M already had their hooks in his family. This kid will get big time offers.
    4. We are trying to offer kids in the souff that will never fucking come here. It's a complete fucking waste of time and effort. We are offering kids in the Souff that already have 10-20 offers rather than concentrating on high expected value targets.

Also: Kaho is starting at SAM (I doubt he ends up there), Tafisi at WIL, Sirmon at MIK. No one at BUCK because Kwiatkowski has literally never signed a BUCK from out of state worth a shit.
    I enjoy reading some of your analysis and shit, but this is laughable.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    but underwhelmed to get a offer from UW.....this is DC right bruh