Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shawn Kemp tells Haie to fuck off

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Triggered.

FUCK HOWARD SCHULTZ, you money-grubbing fuck you. FUCK YOU, HOWARD SCHULTZ. You fucking cunt.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t miss the Sonics
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

I don’t miss the Sonics

Makes sense, if I was a Blazers fan I wouldn't miss having a superior franchise in my backyard either.
    LOL. Superior in what way? Having an NBA team ditch your city in record breaking time?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

I don’t miss the Sonics

Makes sense, if I was a Blazers fan I wouldn't miss having a superior franchise in my backyard either.
    LOL. Superior in what way? Having an NBA team ditch your city in record breaking time?
    Why do you hate Vancouver?

The Sonics aren't even top 5 in this metric.

Pressing.gif
    1 title, 3 conference titles and 6 division title in 40 years > 1 title, 3 conference titles and 6 division title in 47 years

Sonics have 9 former players in the HOF, Blazers have 6. Sonics have 3 former coaches in the HOF, Blazers have 2.

It's definitely close but both teams have the same amount of playoff wins while the Blazers have 30 more losses.

Sonics by a nose..
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What if Bill Walton stayed healthy?

What if Wally Walker wasn't a fucking moron?

Two pretty big big ifs.

I don't know how many people saw the Walton Blazers in 77 and 78 but it is possibly the greatest TEAM of all time. They had a stupid good record when Walton got hurt following their title year. Led to the rise of the Sonics.

Golden State, Portland, and Seattle won 3 of 5 titles in the mid 70's

And nobody but me was watching
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blazers accepted BRoy as the franchise.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

I don’t miss the Sonics

Pressing.gif
    They were literally the longest established franchise to move.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_relocated_National_Basketball_Association_teams

They were in Seattle more than twice as long as the next closest team.

dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

I don’t miss the Sonics

Pressing.gif
    They were literally the longest established franchise to move.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_relocated_National_Basketball_Association_teams

They were in Seattle more than twice as long as the next closest team.
    BHAM!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Bill Walton could pass like a MFer. Now he can just pass the blunt but still.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ve been over the Sonics for years. I don’t care one bit f they ever come back.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like the Sonics pulled one out tonight!!!
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Both have one title.

Both have lost two finals including one each to MJ. Seattle lost to the Bullets in GAME SEVEN AT HOME. But I'm not bitter about that anymore

Both have choked out some big chances but the biggest choke was the one that launched Kobe and Shaq. If the Blazers don't blow that 4th quarter lead in Game 7 the Lakers don't start three in a row and who knows, they may have broke up Shaq and Kobe.

Of course I think Seattle is superior, its the only Seattle team I grew up with. But its amazing how close they are linked together forever by failure

I miss when we could call Washington the bullets.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2018
    Blazer Kemp was the slowest lump o lard to ever don the Red and Black. Despite what that articles says, He was trollin the clubs nightly while in Pdx. I'm sure it was the same thing in Seattle too.

Waste of talent.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Blazer Kemp was the slowest lump o lard to ever don the Red and Black. Despite what that articles says, He was trollin the clubs nightly while in Pdx. I'm sure it was the same thing in Seattle too.

Waste of talent.

It was leaving Seattle that got him. Not to say he wouldn't have but he was lean and mean when he left after the Finals. He puffed up almost immediately in Cleveland. And we got the alcoholic Vin Baker

Good times for Wally Walker
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This was the first post I read on this forum in 14 months and I'm glad I did.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

Waste of talent.

It was leaving Seattle that got him. Not to say he wouldn't have but he was lean and mean when he left after the Finals. He puffed up almost immediately in Cleveland. And we got the alcoholic Vin Baker

Good times for Wally Walker
    The story goes, Vin would party with Gary. Gary, like Michael Irvin, could stay up all night and still perform. Vin could not. Vin was pretty good his first year. He got fat the 2nd year, the Sonics still signed him to a big deal, and he flamed out.