Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Video analysis: UW's 3rd down production on offense in 2017

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

First clip is all I needed to watch.

Didn't even need to view it. Just the still of him and the box score against STDU was enough to trigger me.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I can’t chincredible the post from Dennis enough ... it’s what proves it is largely mental with Jake
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Jake was black he'd be a pariah. It amazes me how much slack he gets from the general doog population. I mean ffs go to the ASU and Stanford games in the OP vid. Or fucking Rutgers game. How can he be defended so?

Nuke Seattle.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

BaldwinIV said:

If Jake was black he'd be a pariah. It amazes me how much slack he gets from the general doog population. I mean ffs go to the ASU and Stanford games in the OP vid. Or fucking Rutgers game. How can he be defended so?

Nuke Seattle.

We all know it. Jake is basically a shitty, choke artist Keith Price. At least Keith played well in SOME pressure situations.

Keith was relentlessly crapped on by Husky fans.
    Keith was great as a sophomore and loved for it, then crapped on when he sucked his junior and senior years.

I'll take sophomore Keith over any year of Browning but by the middle of his junior year he was so PTSD'd by Sark's inability to protect him from getting hit incessantly that he was pretty shitty.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The Seattle inferiority complex is the most annoying thing about this town amongst sports fans.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

Nuke Seattle.

We all know it. Jake is basically a shitty, choke artist Keith Price. At least Keith played well in SOME pressure situations.

Keith was great as a sophomore and loved for it, then crapped on when he sucked his junior and senior years.

I'll take sophomore Keith over any year of Browning but by the middle of his junior year he was so PTSD'd by Sark's inability to protect him from getting hit incessantly that he was pretty shitty.
    Wrong. Keith was beaten to shit his junior year and everyone blamed him rather than the obvious problem which was the OL.

In Jake's case, he is the MAJOR FUCKING WEAK POINT and the obvious strong point is Gaskin, but people act like Jake is a fucking Heisman candidate and Gaskin is a serviceable back.

It's complete fucking insanity.

Also, we win the Natty in '16 with Locker, Tui and maybe a healthy Price. Fuck - even Stanback. I've never seen a player be so loved for being so shit.

Jake every game makes like 2 real good throws, the rest are usually average. He also cocks up third downs and throws a bunch of bullshit and would-be pick sixes.

And because Pete is a fucking amazing coach and we have Myles on offense everyone attributes our wins to him.

We would literally be better with Haener or Myles. Jake is a practice player.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

Nuke Seattle.

Wrong. Keith was beaten to shit his junior year and everyone blamed him rather than the obvious problem which was the OL.

In Jake's case, he is the MAJOR FUCKING WEAK POINT and the obvious strong point is Gaskin, but people act like Jake is a fucking Heisman candidate and Gaskin is a serviceable back.

Also, we win the Natty in '16 with Locker, Tui and maybe a healthy Price. Fuck - even Stanback. I've never seen a player be so loved for being so shit.

Jake every game makes like 2 real good throws, the rest are usually average. He also cocks up third downs and throws a bunch of bullshit and would-be pick sixes.

And because Pete is a fucking amazing coach and we have Myles on offense everyone attributes our wins to him.

Price sucked. Browning also sucks.
  • Options

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

Nuke Seattle.

I love you but you're afucking idiot when it comes to Locker.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

Nuke Seattle.

Price sucked. Browning also sucks.
    But browning sucks more, at least price made a play once in a while
  • Options
    I know it’s crazy around here to suggest anything positive about Locker but Dennis is right.

Locker got shit coaching as a QB and my guess is the whole OKG thing would have been right up his alley. His physical abilities are head and shoulders above Jake’s. His ability to create with his legs would have created opportunities for the offense against an Alabama that Browning never could dream of.

Even if you want to disagree with the length of what Dennis called out, you are a blinded idiot if you can’t see the difference between Browning and Locker.
  • Options
    I find it amusing that Price and Browning are being compared now ... they are largely comparable players. Price’s ceiling was competing for a conference title with a really good team. Browning’s ceiling is basically in that range. Yet there used to be a real vocal group about how great Price was.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I know it’s crazy around here to suggest anything positive about Locker but Dennis is right.

Locker got shit coaching as a QB and my guess is the whole OKG thing would have been right up his alley. His physical abilities are head and shoulders above Jake’s. His ability to create with his legs would have created opportunities for the offense against an Alabama that Browning never could dream of.

Even if you want to disagree with the length of what Dennis called out, you are a blinded idiot if you can’t see the difference between Browning and Locker.

Of course there's plenty of differences between Locker and Browning, they're basically polar opposites.

Locker completed 55% of his passes as a 5th year senior. Yeah he probably could have developed a little better under Pete. If we're doing a straight up Locker for browning trade into 2016 then you're talking a redshirt freshman or true sophomore Locker. You're kidding yourself if you think he was winning a Natty at that point.

Fuck, he was never winning a national championship for anybody whose offense valued throwing the football.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Every time Price fucked up he'd do that gay fake limp to the sideline. Pissed me off. They both suck ballz IMO
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Locker vs Lindquist would be a better position battle then Browning vs no one. The dawgman articles would be on another level of doog.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Locker was a shit QB with a brain of straw, but he wasn't a pussy./

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9BeXX6norw

Pretty sure Browning would have literally died if that happened to him.