Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to those attending the spring game

Comments

• Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I saw Sample gimp off and get his ankle taped but did not see anything with Rapp....

Also in 7 on 7 Browning hit Chin for a 50 yard flag route for a touchdown...Thought folks on this bored would like to hear about that. Browning looked pretty good against air and against a D that could not hit him for what that is worth. His arm actually looked livelier than normal.

I'm officially worried about the D... With no Gaines and with BBK and Bartlet in the middle it seemed like there was more running room up the middle than you'd like to see in a scrimmage, and much more than I've seen the past couple Spring scrimmages. D line needs more beef! We will need one of the frosh Nose Tackles to come in ready to contribute in the fall or we may be in trouble.

Jack Easton threw a bad pick and got his arm swatted for a fumble during the day...but the raw size of him standing back there was a beautiful sight to behold.

BTW, Jaxson Kirkland has no ass. Hit the squat rack dude!

Just wait, he'll have a dead arm by the Auburn game.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fuck, way to force a quook to chin the Husky spring game
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

I watched (flag me) and the announcers that P12 network sent were so shockingly awful, and I wasn’t expecing anything good in the first place.

My favorite moments were when they kept praising Chincredible for making big catches... without acknowledging that he was being defended by whitey walk on Sean Vegara on all of them.

I think he Mexican
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

There also may be something to the fact that this OL SHOULD be good and we have 2 ELITE RBs as well

BTW, there was a play where Henry Roberts (playing LT with the 1's in place of Adams) literally fell down on the snap ... really amusing to watch.

People will be jazzing their sweatpants for Cade Otton at some point this year

Agreed. I think the O Line being competent for a change plays a factor in the D Line looking less dominant than they usually do this spring. That being said, I'm pleased with the athleticism along the D Line. Levi, Jaylen Johnson, and Josiah Bronson are guys that look like they belong on the D line of a top 10 team. We know Gaines and Johnson have the ability push guys around up front so I'm not too worried that we are going to fall flat without Vita.

The offense certainly looks like you'd expect us to heavily lean on the run game given our lack of a true #1 receiver. Tight ends look awesome. Ahmed is on a different level.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    uzi said:

Did Ty Jones spend most of his time lined up at WR? Or did they have him doing more TE?

Haener looks like a pop warner QB.

Is that really Haener? I had no idea he was that small.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    DeepSeaZ said:

uzi said:

Did Ty Jones spend most of his time lined up at WR? Or did they have him doing more TE?

Haener looks like a pop warner QB.

Is that really Haener? I had no idea he was that small.
    Yes. Thank god for Yankoff, Sirmon, and Eason. If Haener ever had to start christ.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    When you look at the LBs it’s actually really easy to see that BBK is the most active one we have
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

When you look at the LBs it’s actually really easy to see that BBK is the most active one we have

You wouldn't have it any other way
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gaskin looked like he’s going to ball out even harder this year

And ty Jones looked like a monster
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I understand it's a barely glorified practice, but wtf? This is a top 10 program and there's high school baseball games drawing bigger crowds today.
    First weekend of non-shit weather in a long time, I-5 is all fucked up with repairs going on this weekend, and not a real game.

This "game" hasn't been a big draw for a while.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I understand it's a barely glorified practice, but wtf? This is a top 10 program and there's high school baseball games drawing bigger crowds today.
    Turns out our fans still suck.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    uzi said: