Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Round 1 (early 1970s) - #5 Pink Floyd vs #12 Grateful Dead

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,838
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #12 Gratefule Dead
    dnc said:

The Grateful Dead is awful.

You guys are just turrible on this subject. They were basically one the first bands to ever not give a shit about selling albums and if the process became forever GRATE.
    Major props to them on this.

It's smart to not care about selling albums when you make shitty music.
    Black Crowes - 30,000,000
    Smashing Pumpkins - 30,000,000
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2018
    #5 Pink Floyd

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Empty Spaces and When the Tigers Broke Free are better than anything the Dead evar put out, and they didn't even make it onto the fucking album

You know that Trucking topped the charts in Turlock in 1970, right? Thought you'd have a little more respek.

Shit music for a shit town
    So serious question - would the Dead be getting slaughtered like this on a Cal message bored or might they get a bit more support?
    You'd have a few annoyingly vocal Deadheads but most would go for Floyd. The Cal hippie reputation is overdone. The only concert I've ever been high at was Floyd at the Oakland Coliseum, which was packed. The Dead could never fill a stadium, even in the East Bay.
    A football fan site is definitely not the demographic. I'm surprised though about them not being able to fill a stadium in the East Bay. I mean they were selling all of their shows in the 90's. They played the Oakland Coliseum like 6 times in '94 and 3 in '95.
    Shows at the Greek, sure. A couple thousand. Maybe they got bigger after I left, but when I was a student, it was cool to say you liked them, but I rarely heard people actually listening to them.

Floyd is Floyd. The Dead don't compare, even in the Bay Area. They may have played the Oakland Coliseum 6 times in 1994, but they played to the same fucking crowd every time because the same people go again and again. It's a small rabid fanbase.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #5 Pink Floyd
    Glad this one is a blowout.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #12 Gratefule Dead
    I voted purely because of Walton ... otherwise Floyd easily
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,529
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam