Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Round 1 (late 1980's to present) - #8 Pearl Jam vs #9 Beck

2»

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #9 Beck

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

@dnc

Beck is a fucking awesome musician. Played for years as a street musician in Los Angeles. I can actually say I saw him play way back then at an afterparty in 1991. I should have bought some of those old demo tapes when I had a chance. God knows what they're worth now.

Pretty much this. Beck at least makes some interesting and different music. PJ is just some mid shelf grunge rock. I don't mind it but I'd probably rather be listening to a better band.
    Pearl Jam is music you put up with in someone else's car
    Or to try and get laid.
    Whose panties are dropping for Pearl Jam?

WhatYearIsThis.gif
    Yeah, I don’t think Pearl Jam comes to mind for most people when you’re looking for music to get you in the mood. If anything, their songs would kill the mood.

See “Better Man”.

There was a time in my life when I really liked Beck and Pearl Jam, but I’ve outgrown them for the most part. Don’t hate ‘em, but not going to go out of my way to listen to them either.
    PJ fan girls were definitely a thing at one point. Not saying they still are so don't go all twister on me.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter
    #8 Pearl Jam

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

@dnc

Beck is a fucking awesome musician. Played for years as a street musician in Los Angeles. I can actually say I saw him play way back then at an afterparty in 1991. I should have bought some of those old demo tapes when I had a chance. God knows what they're worth now.

Pretty much this. Beck at least makes some interesting and different music. PJ is just some mid shelf grunge rock. I don't mind it but I'd probably rather be listening to a better band.
    Or to try and get laid.

WhatYearIsThis.gif
    Yeah, I don’t think Pearl Jam comes to mind for most people when you’re looking for music to get you in the mood. If anything, their songs would kill the mood.

See “Better Man”.

There was a time in my life when I really liked Beck and Pearl Jam, but I’ve outgrown them for the most part. Don’t hate ‘em, but not going to go out of my way to listen to them either.
    PJ fan girls were definitely a thing at one point. Not saying they still are so don't go all twister on me.
    Oh I know, a lot of my classmates in high school were in love with Eddie Vedder.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #8 Pearl Jam

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

@dnc

Or to try and get laid.

WhatYearIsThis.gif

See “Better Man”.

Oh I know, a lot of my classmates in high school were in love with Eddie Vedder.
    My expert stalking senses tell me you are between 33 and 42. This narrows the pool down to about 50,000. I am getting closer.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    #8 Pearl Jam
    I'd rather hang out with Beck for a day than with Vedder. He's cooler. But I'd rather see Pearl Jam vs some of these other bands in the next round.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter
    #8 Pearl Jam
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

@dnc

Or to try and get laid.

WhatYearIsThis.gif

See “Better Man”.

My expert stalking senses tell me you are between 33 and 42. This narrows the pool down to about 50,000. I am getting closer.
    Yup. Team Xennial all the way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xennials
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #8 Pearl Jam
    Beck won't be back