Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Update on Gaines' injury

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

— Two plays later, Ryan Bowman and Ben Burr-Kirven combined on a touch sack of Browning.

It's hard to fathom all that try-hard in the same place, at the same time...

I don’t have a problem with Ryan, since he is not eating up a scholarship.
    According to Jood, he is eating up a scholarship. Earned one after last year ala Myles Bryant.

So..... yeah. Two of the starting scholarship linebackers are little white dudes.

Hooray...:.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/former-walk-on-ryan-bowman-not-complacent-after-breakthrough-season-for-the-huskies/
    If Bowman was a 4 star out of high school, guys like you would be yanking off to a good freshman season. I’m expecting a big season from him.
    That would probably mean that he was athletic and a potential nfl prospect down the road
    This, how many 6’0 DE are in the league?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    Ryan Bowman very well could have a great season, but if he can't get do anything against the three good teams we play every year then we're still fucked. Putting up double digit sacks against shit teams is fine, but we were going to win those games anyway.

If he walks into Atlanta and gets 2 sacks and a forced fumble then we'll love him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ryan Bowman very well could have a great season, but if he can't get do anything against the three good teams we play every year then we're still fucked. Putting up double digit sacks against shit teams is fine, but we were going to win those games anyway.

If he walks into Atlanta and gets 2 sacks and a forced fumble then we'll love him.

He’s played one season and I’m sure you love tons of past Husky players that underwhelmed against good competition. I remember Danny Shelton doing most his damage against shit teams.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I like Bowman. He was good last year as a pass rusher.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He’s played one season and I’m sure you love tons of past Husky players that underwhelmed against good competition. I remember Danny Shelton doing most his damage against shit teams.
    I guess I worded that poorly, I love all our players including Bowman. And I think Bowman is a really good player, I just don't think he's the 'answer' to our lack of an edge rush in important games.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

— Two plays later, Ryan Bowman and Ben Burr-Kirven combined on a touch sack of Browning.

It's hard to fathom all that try-hard in the same place, at the same time...

I don’t have a problem with Ryan, since he is not eating up a scholarship.
    According to Jood, he is eating up a scholarship. Earned one after last year ala Myles Bryant.

So..... yeah. Two of the starting scholarship linebackers are little white dudes.

Hooray...:.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/former-walk-on-ryan-bowman-not-complacent-after-breakthrough-season-for-the-huskies/
    Oh fuck off. I swear some of you idiots are more concerned about fielding an all-looker team instead of one that actually gets shit done. Remember who caught the game winning touchdown in the 2017 national championship game? You think Clemson cared that it was a little white midget walk-on who was getting all the glory for that win?

This is fair. I am guilty of implying that our little white linebackers aren't good in my answer to Cobra that Bowman is now on scholarship. I am guilty for wanting Joe Tryon to be better than Ryan Bowman because he is a 6'5" monster. I desperately want him to be better.

I'd be ecstatic if Ryan Bowman continues to develop and owns the Buck position regardless of his size. I'd definitely fuck off if he did anything like Hunter Renfrow. But if that was the case, then we wouldn't all be bitching about not having a dominant edge rusher.

The fact is, Hunter Renfrow didn't give a fuck that he was a walk on. He stepped up in the big moments.

- Freshman - 4/59/1 against Oklahoma in Semi's and 7/88/2 against Bama in the Championship
    - Sophomore - 5/50/0 against tOSU in Semi's and 10/92/2 in that historic Championship against Bama
    - Junior - Unfortunately for Clemson held in check in the Semi's but was consistent the entire year.

That kid stepped up like a fucking boss when it counted.

Ryan Bowman led the team with 5.5 sacks. That's amazing for a Freshman to do, especially a walk on. 5 of those came in blowouts against Fresno, Colorado, California, Oregon, and Wazzu. The last .5 came against Utah when we needed him and he stepped up with 5 tackles and 2.5 TFL.

But against ASU - 3 tackles 0 sacks. Stanford - 2 tackles 0 sacks. Pedo U - 2 tackles 0 sacks.

I don't even care that he's white really. I fucking love Tevis. And I have big expectations for LB Sirmon. But that doesn't mean I don't want him to be 6'5" like Tryon, because that might be the thing that held him back in the games we lost and he got stoned at the line.

I'd gladly fuck off if he has 6 tackles, 3.5 TFL, and 2 sacks against Auburn on September 1st.
    Ditto
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2018

Are you trying to say that good players don’t put up the same kinda numbers against other good players, as they do against average to marginal players?

That’s the nature of Sports. In each Conference, there’s maybe a guy or 2 at each position that is gonna dominate no matter who lines up against them. The rest are the haves and the have nots. When the haves get to lineup against the have nots, THAT IS when they ring up their numbers.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Defense is young this season