Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Round 1 (60's Groups) - #2 Rolling Stones vs #15 Crosby, Stills and Nash (and Young?)

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,890
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World vs CSN(Y)

Round 1 (60's Groups) - #2 Rolling Stones vs #15 Crosby, Stills and Nash (and Young?) 42 votes

# 2 The Rolling Stones
85%
section8Fire_Marshall_BillSwayewhlinderSoutherndawgRoadDawg55Mad_SonDeepSeaZAZDuckgreenbloodDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetYouKnowItCokeGreaterThanPepsidncchuckdfleaTequillaPurpleThrobberBad_MotherDucker 36 votes
#15 Crosby, Stills, and Nash
14%
BennyBeaveroregonblitzkriegDooglesLebamDawgBleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerously 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    # 2 The Rolling Stones
    This will be a fucking blowout.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    Founders Club
    Either I never got into the Stones or I heard every song way too many times by the age of 5 and it was over
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

Either I never got into the Stones or I heard every song way too many times by the age of 5 and it was over

There are more Rolling Stones songs than what is on Hot Rocks.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

There are more Rolling Stones songs than what is on Hot Rocks.
    or Hot Rocks II
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2018
    Rolling Stones = 60's buttrock IMO. Like the 60's version of Warrant or some other shit band but one that made it bigger due to the charisma of the band members and the tabloid circus of their private lives. Never heard a song from them that really caught on with me. So it's Crosby by default.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

Rolling Stones = 60's buttrock IMO. Like the 60's version of Warrant or some other shit band but one that made it bigger due to the charisma of the band members and the tabloid circus of their private lives. Never heard a song from them that really caught on with me. So it's Crosby by default.

Oh schnapp!

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

Holy fuck.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones
    dnc said:

I'm hearing you can get the entire Stone's catalog on CD from Amazon at reasonable prices.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dflea said:

Holy fuck.
    Most overrated rock n roll band of all tim.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

dflea said:

Holy fuck.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

dflea said:

Holy fuck.
    Sure, faggot.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,195
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

dflea said:

Holy fuck.
    Early stones >>>>>>> Whatever modern bullshit they've debuted.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,807
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    # 2 The Rolling Stones
    Stones are Kobe, Wilt, Kareem status.

CSN&Y is Doug Christie.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    # 2 The Rolling Stones
    There are two Rolling Stoneses on some level: the Mick Stones which is just “let’s do what everyone else is doing” and the Keith Stones which produced all their classic work.

If you just take the Keith Stones, they are as good as anyone... the Mick Stones are basically Stone Temple Pilots.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

There are two Rolling Stoneses on some level: the Mick Stones which is just “let’s do what everyone else is doing” and the Keith Stones which produced all their classic work.

If you just take the Keith Stones, they are as good as anyone... the Mick Stones are basically Stone Temple Pilots.

Some oversimplification here, but the poont becomes mor valid post Exile. Mick is the OG bad boy front man in Rock and everyone that came thereafter owes him a debt.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited April 2018
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

Some oversimplification here, but the poont becomes mor valid post Exile. Mick is the OG bad boy front man in Rock and everyone that came thereafter owes him a debt.
    I’m talking about songwriting. Mick’s direction always led to Ruby Tuesday, Satanic Majesty’s and Shattered.

Keith’s songwriting produced Street Fighting Man, Gimmie Shelter, etc.

Mick is a truly great frontman.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

I’m talking about songwriting. Mick’s direction always led to Ruby Tuesday, Satanic Majesty’s and Shattered.

Keith’s songwriting produced Street Fighting Man, Gimmie Shelter, etc.

Mick is a truly great frontman.
    You know what fucking crazy though about Mick following the trendy bands in 1966- 67, is that "Ruby Tuesday / Let's Spend The Night Together" might have been better than anything the Beatles did on Pepper or Magical Mystery Tour. It's one of the greatest double A sides ever. And Between the Buttons and Stanic's Majesties are loaded with great Stones "deep" tracks that many here have never fucking heard. 2000 man is fucking amazing.