Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

New York Times wins the Dave Samek Profiles in Courage Award

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
All these years they said nothing about Weinstein. But when the tide turned and it was safe to pile on, then they began their exposes. And now their colleagues award them for their courageous work. Ridiculous and pathetic.

https://apnews.com/d3139792c89b4e06942b26d6c3c8bbe8/Times,-New-Yorker-win-Pulitzer-for-Weinstein-scandal

Comments

• HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    “When the tide turned and it was safe to pile on”

If I remember correctly it was their Weinstein story that started the me too movement.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

If I remember correctly it was their Weinstein story that started the me too movement.

The groundswell was already occurring. Forty people in that industry watched Weinstein walk out of a room with a 16 year old girl and nobody stepped up and did or said anything.
    And that was the NY times fault?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658

The groundswell was already occurring. Forty people in that industry watched Weinstein walk out of a room with a 16 year old girl and nobody stepped up and did or said anything.
    YKW. She's probably 18 by now. Can even round up from 17 1/2.

YKW. She's probably 18 by now. Can even round up from 17 1/2.

Look at her bush, she got hair..
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

That’s a fucking retarded post Derek.

What industry? The newspaper industry? Or Hollywood? Or they’re all the same to you?

Small town newspaper “writer” jealousy.
  • HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937

It’s disingenuous to say that the groundswell was occurring when they were the ones that started it. Then Louis CK, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer etc.

The story wasn’t just about Weinstein’s crimes but his ability to silence accusers due to his powerful status. He hired ex-Mossad agents to prevent the victims from talking to the media. So your criticism is that the NYT didn’t get that story earlier? Ok then how about the failures of every other media outlet especially those in LA or those that cover Hollywood?

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

It’s disingenuous to say that the groundswell was occurring when they were the ones that started it. Then Louis CK, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer etc.

The story wasn’t just about Weinstein’s crimes but his ability to silence accusers due to his powerful status. He hired ex-Mossad agents to prevent the victims from talking to the media. So your criticism is that the NYT didn’t get that story earlier? Ok then how about the failures of every other media outlet especially those in LA or those that cover Hollywood?

Sounds like you've never taken that pussy.

Because sometimes uze got tu take that pussy.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NBS sat on the story which kind of blows the apologists out of the water
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

National Boy Stockers?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm socked Fox news didn't break the story earlier. I thought they were the real journalists.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

I'm a loadsocked Fox news didn't break the story earlier. I thought they were the real journalists.
    FTFY

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2018
    Wtf is the point of being powerful if you can't use that power to fuck hot Tang and silence them afterwards

Otherwise he'd have to go the other route and not look like a disgusting piece of shit