Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

New York Times wins the Dave Samek Profiles in Courage Award

All these years they said nothing about Weinstein. But when the tide turned and it was safe to pile on, then they began their exposes. And now their colleagues award them for their courageous work. Ridiculous and pathetic.

https://apnews.com/d3139792c89b4e06942b26d6c3c8bbe8/Times,-New-Yorker-win-Pulitzer-for-Weinstein-scandal
SwayepawzRaceBannonGrundleStiltzkinHoustonHuskyPurpleClamDipSledogBennyBeaverSoutherndawgoregonblitzkriegjhfstyle24Pitchfork51

Comments

• “When the tide turned and it was safe to pile on”

If I remember correctly it was their Weinstein story that started the me too movement.
    RaceBannonBennyBeaverSoutherndawgsalemcoogPeterman
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Posts: 13,834
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

“When the tide turned and it was safe to pile on”

If I remember correctly it was their Weinstein story that started the me too movement.

The groundswell was already occurring. Forty people in that industry watched Weinstein walk out of a room with a 16 year old girl and nobody stepped up and did or said anything.
    And that was the NY times fault?
    RaceBannonPurpleClamDipBennyBeaverSoutherndawgPetermanoregonblitzkriegPitchfork51MikeDamone
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Posts: 9,522
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

The groundswell was already occurring. Forty people in that industry watched Weinstein walk out of a room with a 16 year old girl and nobody stepped up and did or said anything.
    YKW. She's probably 18 by now. Can even round up from 17 1/2.

SoutherndawgFire_Marshall_BillPitchfork51

YKW. She's probably 18 by now. Can even round up from 17 1/2.

Look at her bush, she got hair..
    RaceBannonPurpleClamDipSoutherndawgPitchfork51MikeDamone
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Posts: 5,710
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

That’s a fucking retarded post Derek.

What industry? The newspaper industry? Or Hollywood? Or they’re all the same to you?

Small town newspaper “writer” jealousy.
    SoutherndawgRaceBannonsalemcoogPetermanoregonblitzkriegPitchfork51
  • “When the tide turned and it was safe to pile on”

It’s disingenuous to say that the groundswell was occurring when they were the ones that started it. Then Louis CK, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer etc.

The story wasn’t just about Weinstein’s crimes but his ability to silence accusers due to his powerful status. He hired ex-Mossad agents to prevent the victims from talking to the media. So your criticism is that the NYT didn’t get that story earlier? Ok then how about the failures of every other media outlet especially those in LA or those that cover Hollywood?

RaceBannonsalemcoogdncPetermanSoutherndawgPitchfork51
  • salemcoogsalemcoog Posts: 7,418
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

It’s disingenuous to say that the groundswell was occurring when they were the ones that started it. Then Louis CK, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer etc.

The story wasn’t just about Weinstein’s crimes but his ability to silence accusers due to his powerful status. He hired ex-Mossad agents to prevent the victims from talking to the media. So your criticism is that the NYT didn’t get that story earlier? Ok then how about the failures of every other media outlet especially those in LA or those that cover Hollywood?

Sounds like you've never taken that pussy.

Because sometimes uze got tu take that pussy.
    topdawgnc
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Posts: 28,931
    Swaye's Wigwam 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary
    NBS sat on the story which kind of blows the apologists out of the water
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Posts: 5,710
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

National Boy Stockers?

I'm socked Fox news didn't break the story earlier. I thought they were the real journalists.
    RaceBannonSoutherndawgCuntWafflePurpleClamDipBennyBeaverMikeDamone
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Posts: 4,914
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    2001400ex said:

I'm a loadsocked Fox news didn't break the story earlier. I thought they were the real journalists.
    FTFY

GrundleStiltzkinCuntWaffleFire_Marshall_Bill
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Posts: 7,136
    Standard Supporter 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Up Votes
    edited April 18
    Wtf is the point of being powerful if you can't use that power to fuck hot Tang and silence them afterwards

Otherwise he'd have to go the other route and not look like a disgusting piece of shit
    BennyBeaver