Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best TV Show of all time is Columbo and it isn’t close.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

A page and a half in and no one has mentioned the REAL best show of all time yet.

Sad.

That show is the best comedy show of all time and I can’t imagine how it wouldn’t be seen that way.

I went back and tried to watch it and I couldn’t. Not that it hasn’t aged well, the problem is that humor needs surprise and everything in the show has become so deeply embedded in our society (“I’m Rick James bitch!”) that it was weird on some level.

Other comedies have been good, but that show is transcendent.
    Darkness

We need mor Darkness!!
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

A page and a half in and no one has mentioned the REAL best show of all time yet.

Sad.

That show is the best comedy show of all time and I can’t imagine how it wouldn’t be seen that way.

I went back and tried to watch it and I couldn’t. Not that it hasn’t aged well, the problem is that humor needs surprise and everything in the show has become so deeply embedded in our society (“I’m Rick James bitch!”) that it was weird on some level.

Kinda short lived I thought but definitely in the conversation. There were moments that I don't think will ever be matched.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Sad.

Kinda short lived I thought but definitely in the conversation. There were moments that I don't think will ever be matched.
    The brief clip of the gay landscaper dancing along with the lawnmower probably made me laugh more suddenly and harder than anything I've ever seen on TV.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVYug8cHLIM#
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Sad.

The Gayle Sayers of comedies.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Sad.

True greatness is obvious even in short-term increments ...

Forget even the entire Chappelle Show run, it's the 1st season that will never be duplicated. The 2nd season was ok ... but the 1st was at its own level.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    Chappelle Show isn't even the top comedy. At best, it's in the top 5.

Swaye's Wigwam
    I've gotta admit my two favorite shows ever are both cartoons. Simpsons for the first ten years or so and South Park have eaten up more if my time than anything else ever filmed. They must be that good.
    dnc said:

Chappelle Show isn't even the top comedy. At best, it's in the top 5.

#ThingsPeopleWhoDidn'tWatchChappellesShowSay
    Wrong

Swaye's Wigwam
    I've gotta admit my two favorite shows ever are both cartoons. Simpsons for the first ten years or so and South Park have eaten up more if my time than anything else ever filmed. They must be that good.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye's Wigwam

South Park is GOAT but don't forget Damn We're Smooth.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Coming from the guy who probably thinks Styx is the best band in the history of music.

So, yeah, sure. Whatever you say Dennis.

In other news, Washington State University is a prestigious institution of higher learning known throughout the world for its rigorous academis and high-achieving student body.

I played chess against krisvashon the other day and she kicked my ass. Bitch is smart af.

Oregon fans are some of the classiest you'll ever meet.

The analysis on dawgman.com tends to be objective, original and deep.

I have moar ...
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    I enjoy always sunny
    Swaye's Wigwam

Coming from the guy who probably thinks Styx is the best band in the history of music.

In other news, Washington State University is a prestigious institution of higher learning known throughout the world for its rigorous academis and high-achieving student body.

I played chess against krisvashon the other day and she kicked my ass. Bitch is smart af.

I have moar ...

Desi Arnaz was prolly the greatest TV actor of all tim? Am I right or am I right?

I have moar ...

Desi Arnaz was prolly the greatest TV actor of all tim? Am I right or am I right?
    Sr or Jr?
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have moar ...

Sr or Jr?
    The Caribbean Messican one.