Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How is Larry Scott a shitty commissioner? Update

13»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The sad thing is given what we are getting for the channel per subscriber, they still can't make a fucking deal with DirecTV
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

it's actually at the point where the entire thing is no longer frustrating but just like we're watching a police chase on live tv where you wonder how much longer this guy can keep going with this network.

literally the only fans who can possibly continue to care about the Pac12 Networks are the ones whose teams are the conference drecks that can't get on ESPN or FS1, but those schools are tiny and inconsequential so really there is nothing about Scott's strategy that matters to any of the fans.

Every now and then Wilner would poast something about the "great studio shows on the Pac12 Network"....I had the network for 3 years and I could never figure out when these shows were...i don't think they were consistently scheduled so, again, nobody cares.

Anyway, Wilner did a column on these numbers a couple days ago and what caught my eye was that literally the 2 worst performing networks were Pac12 and the Tennis Channel...that made me laugh.

Everyone in the conference should care. Our allocated revenue from the TV contracts continue to fall well below initial projections, and we still have a game or two every year that is shown on this network that allegedly exists, which hurts our profile.
    You are right Green. Scott is really hurting this conference. It's at Defcon 4, and that should worry everybody concerned
    Defcon 4? Try Defcon 1, poopy.

I thought 5 was worst. Ok defcon 2 then. Defcon 1 would be no network dude. Nobody wants that
    It’s like revenge of the nerds around here.
    shit gets lame as fuck here when uw is winning.
    @Dennis_DeYoung true????
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I’m serious - if the PAC-12 Presidents and chancellors had any smarts they’d shitcan Larry and put Tits Cohen in charge.

She is doing an incredible job.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I’m serious - if the PAC-12 Presidents and chancellors had any smarts they’d shitcan Larry and put Tits Cohen in charge.

She is doing an incredible job.
    And does have huge tits. So everyone wins!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

The sad thing is given what we are getting for the channel per subscriber, they still can't make a fucking deal with DirecTV

I had the channel for 3 years and I can tell you that there is zero watchable tv for guys like us on it....it goes beyond boring because it is 99% replays of games I didn't want to watch when they were on the first time.

The model is wrong if the target audience is humans.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The SEC network is .10 more than FS1

Holy fuck all
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Then who the fuck would run UW? She is the first decent AD we had in decades
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Then who the fuck would run UW? She is the first decent AD we had in decades
    hire jen!

frankly idk if anyone can do anything with the pac network. no one gives a fuck about football out west.