Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Corker on tax cuts

2»

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Well, both Corker and the idiot that wrote that article are fucktards that are trying to compete with HondoFS.

If you dig into the CBO numbers (and no one really should because they are never right), they also upped their GDP forecast significantly the next couple of years and revenue forecast from higher employment rates, etc, which means according to the CBO about 75-80% of the $1.9 trillion tax cut is getting paid for by increased economic activity.

If you are going to quote them at least do it accurately...

HondoFS...

You do realize that the $1.9 trillion figure, which was originally $1.5 trillion, is already using dynamic scoring right? I'd look that term up, as you clearly are not familiar.

So no 75-80% will not be made up by increased activity.

You seriously are the stupidest motherfucker here. Mostly because you actually think you are smart. Sledog and OBK don't try to support their bullshit.
    Hey fucktard, can you read?

What was the CBO's last GDP forecast before the tax cut? What is it in this forecast? Did it go up or down?

What was the CBO's last forecast for entitlement spending (welfare and such) before the tax cut? What is it in this forecast? Did it go up or down?

What was the predicted GDP out in the future, say 10 years from now, in the last CBO forecast before the tax cut? What is it in this forecast? Did it go up or down?

None of that is covered in whatever you think dynamic scoring is. I'd recommend running along now and playing with shiny objects in the corner, but instead I'm sure you are going to start spamming this board with all sorts of nonsense while ignoring the simple points above.

Actually all of that is included in dynamic scoring. What they did miss tho is interest rates rising faster than expected.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/policy/finance/382319-gop-tax-law-will-add-19-trillion-to-debt-cbo?amp

That being said, post some link or something demonstrating your point. Or GTFO.
    Reading is hard.

Link to 2017 CBO estimate:
    https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52370

Link to 2018 CBO estimate:
    https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53651

A few examples:
    2017 CBO estimate on 2018 GDP growth: 2%
    2017 CBO estimate on 2019 GDP growth: 1.5%

2018 CBO estimate on 2018 GDP growth: 3.3%
    2018 CBO estimate on 2019 GDP growth: 2.4%

And on and on. The forecasted unemployment rate is several tenths of a % lower and a bunch of other good economic things. Dig in deeper and you see one of the biggest changes is the forecasted interest rates moving higher much, much quicker...because of why again? For the HondoFS of the world its because they upped their forecast of economic growth, which mean they also upped their forecast for interest rate hikes for the Fed to react to it. Feel free to argue we should make the economy shitty again so we can have 0% interest rates for the $19 trillion in debt we have already wrung up...don't think that is a winner.

You and some govt Excel jockey can go back and say all sorts of great things might maybe would have happened anyway even if the tax cuts and other policies didn't happen so the baseline really should get moved, but we have their forecast from last year, a year's worth of policy, and their current forecast. And it says most of it gets paid for. As a coach once said...Scoreboard baby.

But the CBO estimate says all sorts of other screwy stuff as well that will never happen, so it is pretty worthless. Keep spamming on though...I'm sure a 3rd link to the same idiot author will make a difference this time.

HondoFS...
    Yes and all those increases are included in dynamic scoring and already included in the $1.9 trillion increase to the debt. I'm still waiting for how 75-80% of that $1.9 trillion will be made up from the economic benefit.

BTW, I haven't argued in any way that the tax cuts wouldn't increase GDP growth or reduce unemployment.
    No, they aren't. You asked for a link, I gave it to you. You asked for numbers, I gave them to you. I'll try one more time, but god you are a moron.

From the 2018 link above:
    Delta in Revenues from 2017 Forecast due to "Legislative" = -$1.7 trillion
    Delta in Revenues from 2017 Forecast due to "Economic" = +$1.1 trillion
    That give you ~70%...dig in a little more and the lower unemployment rates, etc gives you a bit more benefit.

Keep arguing we should crater the economy because the lower interest rate will help debt servicing of the $19 trillion already run up...that's a winner.

In short, I'd recommend heading back to your corner now with your shiny objects...

I'll type this slowly so maybe you'll understand. Because you clearly don't. I'm not arguing that the 2018 forecast is higher growth than the 2017. What I'm saying is, they didn't use the 2017 CBO projection solely for the scoring of the tax cut. They used dynamic scoring which took the 2017 CBO projections and added an estimated economic benefit. Which approximates the 2018 CBO report. What part of that do you not understand about dynamic scoring?

I didn't argue anything about interest rates. All I said about interest rates are they the CBO increased the projected $1.5 trillion deficit addition to $1.9 trillion largely because interest rates are going up faster than they expected in December.

It's like you aren't even in the same conversation. Fucking read what is typed. And understand basic concepts like dynamic scoring.
    HondoFS...an embarrassment to the human genetic pool.

You said I was wrong and asked for a link...I gave you the link, specifically the source material. You then said the numbers are wrong...I pull out the specific numbers from the CBO report itself that show you are a fucking moron and backed up what I said as far as both the CBO impact on revenues from both legislative changes and economic changes.

So now you keep ignoring anything I said or showed and now just keep blabbering "dynamic" because you think it sounds important or special or something when you have absolutely no clue what it includes and doesn't include.

HondoFS...

You are funny shit. And are either trolling or really that fucking stupid. I'll say this one last time. The CBO scored the deficit in December at $1.5 trillion, which took into effect The increase in jobs and GDP.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/business/house-republicans-change-rules-on-calculating-economic-impact-of-bills.html
    Changing the argument again?

The CBO forecasted the economy last year before the tax cuts were passed. The CBO forecasted the economy this year after the tax cuts were passed. Amazingly enough, anyone not HondoFS can compare the 2.

Keep typing moron...
    Didn't think you understood dynamic scoring.
    Man...you said a big word “dynamic”. Must mean something important, like a bunch of theoretical might maybes (which you still are ignorant of because they are highly dependent on increased interest rates due to positive economic output) instead of...well...I don’t know:

Say taking the CBO’s best estimate on the economy and govt revenues last year and then...well...I don’t know...maybe comparing it after a year’s worth of actual economic data and policy changes (primarily being the tax cut) to the CBO’s best estimate on the economy this year and see what changed. Like...I don’t know...maybe forecasted govt revenues and forecasted economic output and such. I could say do a “dynamic” comparison of the two forecast...meaningless but should blow a gasket for an idiot like you.

HondoFS...keep spamming from that short bus of yours...
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Well, both Corker and the idiot that wrote that article are fucktards that are trying to compete with HondoFS.

If you dig into the CBO numbers (and no one really should because they are never right), they also upped their GDP forecast significantly the next couple of years and revenue forecast from higher employment rates, etc, which means according to the CBO about 75-80% of the $1.9 trillion tax cut is getting paid for by increased economic activity.

HondoFS...

You do realize that the $1.9 trillion figure, which was originally $1.5 trillion, is already using dynamic scoring right? I'd look that term up, as you clearly are not familiar.

You seriously are the stupidest motherfucker here. Mostly because you actually think you are smart. Sledog and OBK don't try to support their bullshit.
    I hear Obama spent 10 trillion with nothing to show for it and you polished his helmet to a chrome sheen.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

What was the CBO's last GDP forecast before the tax cut? What is it in this forecast? Did it go up or down?

What was the CBO's last forecast for entitlement spending (welfare and such) before the tax cut? What is it in this forecast? Did it go up or down?

What was the predicted GDP out in the future, say 10 years from now, in the last CBO forecast before the tax cut? What is it in this forecast? Did it go up or down?

None of that is covered in whatever you think dynamic scoring is. I'd recommend running along now and playing with shiny objects in the corner, but instead I'm sure you are going to start spamming this board with all sorts of nonsense while ignoring the simple points above.

Actually all of that is included in dynamic scoring. What they did miss tho is interest rates rising faster than expected.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/policy/finance/382319-gop-tax-law-will-add-19-trillion-to-debt-cbo?amp

Reading is hard.

A few examples:

And on and on. The forecasted unemployment rate is several tenths of a % lower and a bunch of other good economic things. Dig in deeper and you see one of the biggest changes is the forecasted interest rates moving higher much, much quicker...because of why again? For the HondoFS of the world its because they upped their forecast of economic growth, which mean they also upped their forecast for interest rate hikes for the Fed to react to it. Feel free to argue we should make the economy shitty again so we can have 0% interest rates for the $19 trillion in debt we have already wrung up...don't think that is a winner.

You and some govt Excel jockey can go back and say all sorts of great things might maybe would have happened anyway even if the tax cuts and other policies didn't happen so the baseline really should get moved, but we have their forecast from last year, a year's worth of policy, and their current forecast. And it says most of it gets paid for. As a coach once said...Scoreboard baby.

But the CBO estimate says all sorts of other screwy stuff as well that will never happen, so it is pretty worthless. Keep spamming on though...I'm sure a 3rd link to the same idiot author will make a difference this time.

HondoFS...
    Yes and all those increases are included in dynamic scoring and already included in the $1.9 trillion increase to the debt. I'm still waiting for how 75-80% of that $1.9 trillion will be made up from the economic benefit.

BTW, I haven't argued in any way that the tax cuts wouldn't increase GDP growth or reduce unemployment.
    No, they aren't. You asked for a link, I gave it to you. You asked for numbers, I gave them to you. I'll try one more time, but god you are a moron.

That give you ~70%...dig in a little more and the lower unemployment rates, etc gives you a bit more benefit.

Keep arguing we should crater the economy because the lower interest rate will help debt servicing of the $19 trillion already run up...that's a winner.

In short, I'd recommend heading back to your corner now with your shiny objects...

I'll type this slowly so maybe you'll understand. Because you clearly don't. I'm not arguing that the 2018 forecast is higher growth than the 2017. What I'm saying is, they didn't use the 2017 CBO projection solely for the scoring of the tax cut. They used dynamic scoring which took the 2017 CBO projections and added an estimated economic benefit. Which approximates the 2018 CBO report. What part of that do you not understand about dynamic scoring?

I didn't argue anything about interest rates. All I said about interest rates are they the CBO increased the projected $1.5 trillion deficit addition to $1.9 trillion largely because interest rates are going up faster than they expected in December.

It's like you aren't even in the same conversation. Fucking read what is typed. And understand basic concepts like dynamic scoring.

You said I was wrong and asked for a link...I gave you the link, specifically the source material. You then said the numbers are wrong...I pull out the specific numbers from the CBO report itself that show you are a fucking moron and backed up what I said as far as both the CBO impact on revenues from both legislative changes and economic changes.

So now you keep ignoring anything I said or showed and now just keep blabbering "dynamic" because you think it sounds important or special or something when you have absolutely no clue what it includes and doesn't include.

HondoFS...

You are funny shit. And are either trolling or really that fucking stupid. I'll say this one last time. The CBO scored the deficit in December at $1.5 trillion, which took into effect The increase in jobs and GDP.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/business/house-republicans-change-rules-on-calculating-economic-impact-of-bills.html

The CBO forecasted the economy last year before the tax cuts were passed. The CBO forecasted the economy this year after the tax cuts were passed. Amazingly enough, anyone not HondoFS can compare the 2.

Keep typing moron...
    Man...you said a big word “dynamic”. Must mean something important, like a bunch of theoretical might maybes (which you still are ignorant of because they are highly dependent on increased interest rates due to positive economic output) instead of...well...I don’t know:

Say taking the CBO’s best estimate on the economy and govt revenues last year and then...well...I don’t know...maybe comparing it after a year’s worth of actual economic data and policy changes (primarily being the tax cut) to the CBO’s best estimate on the economy this year and see what changed. Like...I don’t know...maybe forecasted govt revenues and forecasted economic output and such. I could say do a “dynamic” comparison of the two forecast...meaningless but should blow a gasket for an idiot like you.

You didn't read the link I posted. I do chuckle that you still don't get it.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

Reading is hard.

A few examples:

HondoFS...

HondoFS...

Keep typing moron...

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

Reading is hard.

A few examples:

HondoFS...

HondoFS...

Keep typing moron...

And Houston gives up.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

Reading is hard.

A few examples:

HondoFS...

HondoFS...

Keep typing moron...

And Houston gives up.
    Gives up what exactly? You read nothing and keep ignoring the actual CBO numbers which I linked to and quoted. Instead you response to any and all things is to keep mumbling "dynamic" like that means anything and then quote a Middle Eastern studies idiot from the Hill and then the ever so unbiased NYTs thinking that linking to them somehow changes the underlying CBO numbers for the last 2 years. It doesn't.

You can keep saying dynamic all you want, but the only thing dynamic here is the methods in which you continue to display your sheer stupidity.

HondoRFS...
  • Options
    Man. You didn't know that in 2015 Republicans passed a bill requiring then to use dynamic scoring. Dynamic scoring is where they take the latest CBO and take into account positive economic effects of a proposed bill when scoring it.

I'll type this slowly, for the fourth time. That means that when the bill was scored at a $1.5 trillion deficit over 10 years, that already took into account any expected increase in GDP and employment from the last CBO report.

What this means? Your contention that the increased economic activity will make up 75-80% of the $1.5 trillion is not even close to accurate. Why? I'll say it again. Because they already took into account the increased economic activity when they scored the bill to get to $1.5 trillion.

Are you really that dense or is your Google broken?
  • Options
    Swaye said:

In this thread: After getting absolutely demolished by @HoustonHusky , Hondo digs in.

While the gif is hilarious and I would welcome that on a lot of my posts. Cause I am fucktarded. Houston is off his rocker on this one.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Run against them pussy
  • Options

Run against them pussy

Race with his Tourettes shining this morning.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Top 5 most embarrassing Hondo thread, rather easily.