Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Queer eye for the RESIDENT COCKTAIL EXPERT of the Bored regarding Margs??

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
@Dennis_DeYoung would you mind sharing your preferred Marg recipe with us?

The skinny Yellow piss marg calls for 1 part lime juice, 1.5 parts Sauza Hornitos (or El Jimador silver) and 1.5 parts cheap triple sec. Used to use Cointreau or Grand Marnier but felt I liked the flavor better just using the cheap shit. Plus there's more sugar in the cheap, shitty triple sec so one doesn't have to add in any agave syrup or something like that.

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Frozen or diaf

Frozen or diaf

Sounds like some shit a Texican would say.
    youre not wrong
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

The skinny Yellow piss marg calls for 1 part lime juice, 1.5 parts Sauza Hornitos (or El Jimador silver) and 1.5 parts cheap triple sec. Used to use Cointreau or Grand Marnier but felt I liked the flavor better just using the cheap shit. Plus there's more sugar in the cheap, shitty triple sec so one doesn't have to add in any agave syrup or something like that.

Try, 1 part fresh squeezed key lime juice, 2 parts Don Julio Blanco, 1 to 1.5 part(s) Cointreau and tune with simple syrup if you like a little sweetness ... and/or go rogue and add a splash of some fresh squeezed valencia orange juice. Shake and serve on ice with a slice of lime.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Use fresh ingredients instead of mixer and you're fine.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I'm mildly offended that you didn't also include asking the person whose name is central to this drink
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    as stated in a previous gay thread on COCKtails takes too long to make
    my margarita is bite a lime, slam the tookillya, and next time try to remember the salt

Frozen or diaf

youre not wrong
    It's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut down there so I guess this makes sense.
    no. a frozen margarita never makes sense.

Frozen or diaf

youre not wrong
    It's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut down there so I guess this makes sense.

Frozen or diaf

youre not wrong
    You just couldnt be more wrong
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    edited April 2018
    ive been far more wrong motherfucker

ive been far more wrong motherfucker

I can respect that
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I'm mildly offended that you didn't also include asking the person whose name is central to this drink
    Sorry. Didn't mean to be so hurtful. Just had you pegged (not homo) as more of a Kirkland Signature 100% puro de agave sort of guy who wasn't as much into the snobby side of cocktail making like the RESIDENT COCKTAIL EXPURT OF THE BORED.

Speaking of the Costco 100% agave silver - how is it? Saw it's only about $30.00 inclusive of tax for a 1.75L. I went with the 1.75L of Sauza Hornitos which they have now for $41.00 including tax which is a screaming deal. Normally I prefer a silver tequila but the Hornitos Reposado is pretty light stuff.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    I rmeember back around 2010/2011 or so it was impossible to get 100 percent agave for less than like 24 bucks.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Sorry. Didn't mean to be so hurtful. Just had you pegged (not homo) as more of a Kirkland Signature 100% puro de agave sort of guy who wasn't as much into the snobby side of cocktail making like the RESIDENT COCKTAIL EXPURT OF THE BORED.

Speaking of the Costco 100% agave silver - how is it? Saw it's only about $30.00 inclusive of tax for a 1.75L. I went with the 1.75L of Sauza Hornitos which they have now for $41.00 including tax which is a screaming deal. Normally I prefer a silver tequila but the Hornitos Reposado is pretty light stuff.
    I’m way more snobby with my liquor ... just don’t go super crazy with ingredients like DDY does

Tequila is a liquor to me where the quality of the liquor used depends on its purpose. The Costco agave silver is actually quite good for a well liquor use. If I’m looking at a night making a number of marg’s for people it’s a great option. Likewise, I use marg’s a lot in cooking Mexican food whether it being taco meat or as a marinade for chicken. If shooting or going for 1-2 quality drinks in an even going higher quality is always better for the next day. In general, the clearer the tequila the better for me.

My preferred margarita recipe is as follows:

About 40-50% of a glass filled with tequila on ice
    Of the remainder, equal parts triple sec and either lime juice or a margarita mix (I actually prefer Costco’s vs others at liquor stores that are too sugary for my taste but to each their own)

I then make sure that I include anywhere from a half to full squeezes lime in to finish. I’m not a huge salt guy so that isn’t part of anything that I do.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’m way more snobby with my liquor ... just don’t go super crazy with ingredients like DDY does

Tequila is a liquor to me where the quality of the liquor used depends on its purpose. The Costco agave silver is actually quite good for a well liquor use. If I’m looking at a night making a number of marg’s for people it’s a great option. Likewise, I use marg’s a lot in cooking Mexican food whether it being taco meat or as a marinade for chicken. If shooting or going for 1-2 quality drinks in an even going higher quality is always better for the next day. In general, the clearer the tequila the better for me.

My preferred margarita recipe is as follows:

About 40-50% of a glass filled with tequila on ice
    Of the remainder, equal parts triple sec and either lime juice or a margarita mix (I actually prefer Costco’s vs others at liquor stores that are too sugary for my taste but to each their own)

I then make sure that I include anywhere from a half to full squeezes lime in to finish. I’m not a huge salt guy so that isn’t part of anything that I do.
    You had me up until that point.