Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adidas is pitching UW today

123457»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Bread said:

Just dropped by my local middle school. Champion is the hot brand with the next generation. If we want to be a power house in the 2020s we better switch to Champion.

This is true. I had a $7.00 Champion sweatshirt, from the early 90’s, that I wore when I was leaving the gym or doing yard work; it’s pretty ratty. My 16 year old daughter discovered it in an old gym bag and now wears it nonstop. It’s amazing how many compliments her friends give her.

Pics.
    Sure.

Glad you got a pic in with your lover. You must be really happy. I’d fuck you both. Hard.

Pretty smile!
    I know that guy! I actually do! His D went to school with one of mine. Holy shit.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’ve always tended to like Adidas products a little better ... although Nike generally owns the basketball shoe market.

Personally, I’d like to see us disassociate with Nike purely because of the Knight/Oregon relationship. Both Nike/Adidas are HQ’ed in Portland and I could see a deal with UW being a strategic priority for Adidas.

Given that Nike didn’t make a realistic offer outside of re-upping at essentially the existing terms, Adidas COULD have gotten away with a slightly less attractive offer than what they made.

It’s very clear to me that Adidas made this deal a very strategic priority for them in the NW ... strong business done there
    TCU MBA analysis.
    Ageerd. Overpaying is always a great business strat.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Bread said:

Just dropped by my local middle school. Champion is the hot brand with the next generation. If we want to be a power house in the 2020s we better switch to Champion.

This is true. I had a $7.00 Champion sweatshirt, from the early 90’s, that I wore when I was leaving the gym or doing yard work; it’s pretty ratty. My 16 year old daughter discovered it in an old gym bag and now wears it nonstop. It’s amazing how many compliments her friends give her.

Pics.
    Sure.

I’d fuck you...
    You don’t sound like my wife.

YBFE
    Young Black Female Entrepreneur?
    aka "Ho."
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’ve always tended to like Adidas products a little better ... although Nike generally owns the basketball shoe market.

Personally, I’d like to see us disassociate with Nike purely because of the Knight/Oregon relationship. Both Nike/Adidas are HQ’ed in Portland and I could see a deal with UW being a strategic priority for Adidas.

Given that Nike didn’t make a realistic offer outside of re-upping at essentially the existing terms, Adidas COULD have gotten away with a slightly less attractive offer than what they made.

It’s very clear to me that Adidas made this deal a very strategic priority for them in the NW ... strong business done there
    TCU MBA analysis.
    I guarantee that there was a RFP sent to both Nike and Adidas

I also guarantee that Adidas has a strong plan to monetize their investment in UW ... just like Nike’s bid was consistent with their plan to monetize

Adidas is more than willing to spend more money to make more money ... and that’s not counting the strategic implications of the deal for both sides
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

RFPs for both nike and adidas huh

hot take there teq

UA got an RFP as well.

Hot take.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,061
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Your mom likes a hot take.

Boom! Went there!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources are saying that Nike is paying Fuck You $$$ for the rights to rep northwest Land Grant schools!
  • Options

Gladstone said:

RFPs for both nike and adidas huh

hot take there teq

UA got an RFP as well.

Hot take.
    They received ... didn’t give any back
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TCU MBA analysis.

I also guarantee that Adidas has a strong plan to monetize their investment in UW ... just like Nike’s bid was consistent with their plan to monetize

Adidas is more than willing to spend more money to make more money ... and that’s not counting the strategic implications of the deal for both sides
    There's a lot of wet water in this poast.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TCU MBA analysis.

There's a lot of wet water in this poast.
    Given the usual stupidity by many on this board, you never know
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TCU MBA analysis.

Since Adidas has dropped some payroll in the Bball thingy.... sure. They have some loose change to swing to you Mutts.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    HIV is strong in this thread