Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Laura Ingraham displays her vast knowledge of the first amendment

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

2001400ex said:

She's basically saying that the left is driving out free speech from a social standpoint. Which is absolutely true.

The first amendment is free speech without the persecution of the federal government, but I'm sure you already know that. The first amendment does not protect you from the social consequences from your speech, which I'm sure you already know that. The left has used social outcries as a tool to thwart free speech that defers from them on a public forum. The far left is a minority group but they are the loudest and have a far wider media outlet.

You act like the left has a monopoly on using social outcries as a tool to thwart free speech. And no, the extreme on both sides have a wide media reach. Think how many people get their news from Facebook and Twitter.

Both sides are fucked up in that manner.
    I agree that both extremes are wack jobs. But conservatives have fox news, while the left has msnbc, cnn, and talk shows like the view on major brodcasting channels. The left has a wider reach.
    Selective.

Surf the internet sometime. My mother-in-law gets her information from The Federalist Paper's facebook Memes. Sorry, numbers is right on this point. If you think the left is just a few dufus hipsters and some academics and movie makers, you're as out of touch as you accuse them of being. And if you think that Fox news is the only outlet for tin foil hat wearing, xenophonic, reactionary, redneck simpletons, again, you're out of touch.
    You're out of touch Cog. Even the most rudimentary simpleton can see the fascist left is deeply embedded in the media and political establishment in just about every western country, while conservatism has been marginalized in part by the shrill screeches from the left, from jackasses like Boobs and others who have been brainwashed by them, to paint any thought or action outside the leftist echo chamber as racist, sexist, homophobic. When in reality all three of those things the left are guilty of in spades.
    Well, if the left is guilty of those things in spades, and we know the right is as well (not plausibly deniable), then it's probably a good thing that someone makes mention of them. That there are numerous hypocrites in the left camp is stipulated. But that doesn't mean everyone who champions those issues is duplicitous.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

She's basically saying that the left is driving out free speech from a social standpoint. Which is absolutely true.

The first amendment is free speech without the persecution of the federal government, but I'm sure you already know that. The first amendment does not protect you from the social consequences from your speech, which I'm sure you already know that. The left has used social outcries as a tool to thwart free speech that defers from them on a public forum. The far left is a minority group but they are the loudest and have a far wider media outlet.

You act like the left has a monopoly on using social outcries as a tool to thwart free speech. And no, the extreme on both sides have a wide media reach. Think how many people get their news from Facebook and Twitter.

I agree that both extremes are wack jobs. But conservatives have fox news, while the left has msnbc, cnn, and talk shows like the view on major brodcasting channels. The left has a wider reach.
    The reach is the same for each. You think the farmer in Iowa watches TV news? No they listen to the radio, which is dominated by conservative radio.

Media is not confined to just TV. In any way whatsoever. That's why I chuckle when people bitch about the "liberal media". So many people get their news from brietbart just like many people get their news from Huffington Post. It's all bullshit, just different sides. And maybe I have the wrong friends, but 90% of what I see on FB is conservative.
    What’s NPR?

And your FB ads are generated largely because of who your fiends are.

You can actually check your setting preferences to see how Facebook thinks you lean politically. This can impact your ads as well.
    You don't think NPR is fair and balanced? They go out of their way to give opposing viewpoints when it comes to news stories.

Please don't conflate your local public radio station's content with that of NPR. Common mistake made by the unaware.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

The reach is the same for each. You think the farmer in Iowa watches TV news? No they listen to the radio, which is dominated by conservative radio.

Media is not confined to just TV. In any way whatsoever. That's why I chuckle when people bitch about the "liberal media". So many people get their news from brietbart just like many people get their news from Huffington Post. It's all bullshit, just different sides. And maybe I have the wrong friends, but 90% of what I see on FB is conservative.
    What’s NPR?

You can actually check your setting preferences to see how Facebook thinks you lean politically. This can impact your ads as well.
    You don't think NPR is fair and balanced? They go out of their way to give opposing viewpoints when it comes to news stories.

Please don't conflate your local public radio station's content with that of NPR. Common mistake made by the unaware.
    Absolutely agreed.

For a lot of people, unless the source toes the line 100% in accord with one's views, they're biased. NPR is pretty damn even handed.

My company, a big bad corporation, had a rather large and public land use/ rezone that went through in Maine. It was opposed loudly by a small contingent of enviros who don't want anyone touching Maine ... because, you know, it's over-developed as it is.

Anyway, as the corporate land owner, it was easy to make us the bad guy, when in reality if you looked at the facts, it was a huge wind-fall deal for Maine, including rurual Mainers who like things kept the way they are.

This thing made its way to NPR, who did a big piece on it. I listened to the whole thing 5 times. They could not have been more even handed if they tried, and if anything, they sided with us. They saw it for what it was, and made all the points we tried to make to the public.

NPR is a treasure. If you want your kids to be smart, teach them to listen to NPR periodically.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

What’s NPR?

Absolutely agreed.

For a lot of people, unless the source toes the line 100% in accord with one's views, they're biased. NPR is pretty damn even handed.

My company, a big bad corporation, had a rather large and public land use/ rezone that went through in Maine. It was opposed loudly by a small contingent of enviros who don't want anyone touching Maine ... because, you know, it's over-developed as it is.

Anyway, as the corporate land owner, it was easy to make us the bad guy, when in reality if you looked at the facts, it was a huge wind-fall deal for Maine, including rurual Mainers who like things kept the way they are.

This thing made its way to NPR, who did a big piece on it. I listened to the whole thing 5 times. They could not have been more even handed if they tried, and if anything, they sided with us. They saw it for what it was, and made all the points we tried to make to the public.

NPR is a treasure. If you want your kids to be smart, teach them to listen to NPR periodically.
    All that being said considered, KUOW's original programming sucks Chairman Mao's left nut. Serving their constituency I suppose.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

What’s NPR?

This.

My 21 yo son used to give me shit about listing to NPR. Now he chats me up about what he's heard that day on NPR.

Proud papa.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck Off.

This mornings news had no mention of China's announcement of reducing tariffs on autos and opening up conversations for foreign finance entities to do business in China. It was all the raid to track down evidence of a check that was or wasn't given to a whore that Trump banged over 10 years ago.

And you have no friends, so what you are seeing on Facebook is bot generated.
    Again you act like people only get their news from the TV.

Holy fuck man. Open your mind from the "media is liberal" bullshit and look around.
  • Options
    PS: Laura Ingraham: wood hit.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

What’s NPR?

This.

My 21 yo son used to give me shit about listing to NPR. Now he chats me up about what he's heard that day on NPR.

Proud papa.
    What's with the gender terms?
    It? is a DAWG afterall!
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

What’s NPR?

This.

Proud papa.
    After you gave birth was your pussy stretched, or does your hubby still feel the friction when he fucks you in the cunt?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

What’s NPR?

This.

Proud papa.
    After you gave birth was your pussy stretched, or does your hubby still feel the friction when he fucks you in the cunt?
    Wow.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

What’s NPR?

This.

Proud papa.
    What's with the gender terms?