Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Apparel Deal Close

13»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bball team sporting purple and gold adidas would be chincredible
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fuck Nike and it has nothing to do with the ducks. Nike is a basketball company in my mind for whatever reason. I hate basketball and wish the NBA would die a fiery death.

Adidas makes everything I use and wear better than Nike does.

Sure.

Nike is an AMERICAN every-sport-company. Adidas = Nazi soccer and every other phaggy Euro sport - centric company. If you like Adidas, you are a Nazi, a globalist and you HATE AMERICA! They aim to take over all sports and, when they do, promote the Euro-phaggy sports and bury the American sports. That is their aim: global domination.

Go ahead. Kill American football. Just don't come back here crying to me when it happens.
    I won't come here to cry. I have your cell and I know you're there for me. Creeps has a hard edged persona here but he's a swell guy away from the workplace...likes walks on the beach and Susan Sarandon movies.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck Nike and it has nothing to do with the ducks. Nike is a basketball company in my mind for whatever reason. I hate basketball and wish the NBA would die a fiery death.

Sure.

Nike is an AMERICAN every-sport-company. Adidas = Nazi soccer and every other phaggy Euro sport - centric company. If you like Adidas, you are a Nazi, a globalist and you HATE AMERICA! They aim to take over all sports and, when they do, promote the Euro-phaggy sports and bury the American sports. That is their aim: global domination.

Go ahead. Kill American football. Just don't come back here crying to me when it happens.
    I won't come here to cry. I have your cell and I know you're there for me. Creeps has a hard edged persona here but he's a swell guy away from the workplace...likes walks on the beach and Susan Sarandon movies.
    Hey you watch your mouth. Sarandon has held up nicely for an old broad, and I'd still pay good $$ to have her make me black and blue with those jugulars.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

10-15 years ago I would have been pissed if UW switched to Adidas. However they have done a really good job over the last 5 years or so closing the “cool factor” gap with Nike. While Nike is still king kids fuck with Adidas.

The added bonus of getting a larger pay out, and more focus from Adidas being their premier PAC 12 / west coast program means I’m all for it. Adds another semi interesting dimension to the Oregon rivalry as well.

i'm with this. adidas has hired 4 of nike's best designers and it's really shown in the 'cool factor' and i think it's a big reason adidas jersey's have gotten much more normal as of late. it's crazy what talent can do for a company or team.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/28/16054096/adidas-alternate-uniforms-nebraska-wisconsin

As far as coker's point there is no way Jen and co stay with nike at a 5-7 million dollar gap. I do think UW is at least making Nike sweat.... at the beginning of spring ball everything was branded with the W and the swoosh, but 4 or so practices in they've removed the swoosh from all videos and pictures. they've actually gone back and reposted all the pictures and videos even from day 1 and 2 without the swoosh.

but here's an example of the before and after. seems too coincidental:

feels good to be right
    Yep
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

BlowItUp said:

10-15 years ago I would have been pissed if UW switched to Adidas. However they have done a really good job over the last 5 years or so closing the “cool factor” gap with Nike. While Nike is still king kids fuck with Adidas.

The added bonus of getting a larger pay out, and more focus from Adidas being their premier PAC 12 / west coast program means I’m all for it. Adds another semi interesting dimension to the Oregon rivalry as well.

i'm with this. adidas has hired 4 of nike's best designers and it's really shown in the 'cool factor' and i think it's a big reason adidas jersey's have gotten much more normal as of late. it's crazy what talent can do for a company or team.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/28/16054096/adidas-alternate-uniforms-nebraska-wisconsin

As far as coker's point there is no way Jen and co stay with nike at a 5-7 million dollar gap. I do think UW is at least making Nike sweat.... at the beginning of spring ball everything was branded with the W and the swoosh, but 4 or so practices in they've removed the swoosh from all videos and pictures. they've actually gone back and reposted all the pictures and videos even from day 1 and 2 without the swoosh.

but here's an example of the before and after. seems too coincidental:

This is high quality work, good chit, blowitup_boat
    On a side note is that highest to lowest based on coaching salary?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

chuck said:

Sure.

Hey you watch your mouth. Sarandon has held up nicely for an old broad, and I'd still pay good $$ to have her make me black and blue with those jugulars.
    With Sarandon, there’s also the possibility of a freaky mother-daughter threesome with Eva.

True story. I've always wanted to hit that. It's in my top 10, and #1 in the older broad category. Something tells me it would be memorable.