Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huskies with deepest secondary in nation?

2»

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Joyner is overrated because he can't stay on the field. Most important ability is availability.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Joyner is a liability in coverage not unlike Bryant.

what
    chuck said:

One or two key injuries and it's average or even below.

You could say that for basically any team.

JoJo and Bryant are the only overrated guys, everyone else is fucking awesome
    WOOF!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don't get the Joyner criticism either, dude might be even better as a safety but he's a damn good corner, and he's not even one of the two best on the team. Murphy and Miller are lights out.

The only question with this secondary is health. Otherwise it's nasty.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

I don't get the Joyner criticism either, dude might be even better as a safety but he's a damn good corner, and he's not even one of the two best on the team. Murphy and Miller are lights out.

Joyner was inconsistent. He looked great at times, especially against shitty teams, but got absolutely abused in coverage at key points in games.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Joyner was inconsistent. He looked great at times, especially against shitty teams, but got absolutely abused in coverage at key points in games.
    He's overmatched by quality receivers. He'll be fine most of the time as long as the starters are out there too...better than fine as I'm not saying he's a bad player just not a good cover corner. He'll always be abused by good teams if forced to match up with primary threat guys, such as when the better cover guys on the team are hurt. I see Taylor stepping up to fill that role if needed though and ithink he's going to be very good...which would mostly erase my concern.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    It was Joyner’s first year where he saw meaningful minutes. He will be better this year
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Every corner gets beat. Joyner was better than most. He'll be even better than that this year.

And again, he's just the third best corner on the team.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Coach Peete in the interview posted here says they aren't deep anywhere, and especially thin at the inside linebacker. I got news for you. The inside backer covers passes, so therefore we are, yes, indeed, again YOUNG in the (greater) secondary.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Joyner is overrated because he can't stay on the field. Most important ability is availability.

Asshole bump of the day. I never root for injuries.