Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

He's not Gilby at all

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited April 2018 in College Football Forum

Comments

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Really puts our try hard white guy problem(?) into perspective.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Turns out Jim Leavitt has a bizarre obsession with Pepsi according to his Twatter
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2018

I just want to know if the Ducks are going to be as tough as they're talking. Because if they are, they're going to create an immediate identity in the Pac 12 Conference. Stanford-like. And if the Ducks aren't tough? They're going to lose major credibility.

If the stars align Oregon will have a new identity in the P-12, they will be known as the most Stanford-esque team north of Palo Alto, south of King County and west of Boise. Otherwise they’ll come across as a joke.

wait, you think Peterman and the dawgs are Stanford-esque? Not on offense pal. Not even close.

all this kind of talk is entertaining, keeps dolts like Canzano employed, but in the end doesn't matter.

you win or you lose. it's all that matters. all the identity shit is shit. if you win, your identity is being a winner. if you lose, your identity is loser.

if Mario wins, then everything from how he organizes practices to how he wipes his ass will be applauded and copied.

if Mario doesn't win, then he'll be criticized for getting out of bed in the morning.

and, yes, this wouldn't be the first guy who talked tuff before the season begins. and it won't be the last.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club

I just want to know if the Ducks are going to be as tough as they're talking. Because if they are, they're going to create an immediate identity in the Pac 12 Conference. Stanford-like. And if the Ducks aren't tough? They're going to lose major credibility.

If the stars align Oregon will have a new identity in the P-12, they will be known as the most Stanford-esque team north of Palo Alto, south of King County and west of Boise. Otherwise they’ll come across as a joke.

wait, you think Peterman and the dawgs are Stanford-esque? Not on offense pal. Not even close.

all this kind of talk is entertaining, keeps dolts like Canzano employed, but in the end doesn't matter.

you win or you lose. it's all that matters. all the identity shit is shit. if you win, your identity is being a winner. if you lose, your identity is loser.

if Mario wins, then everything from how he organizes practices to how he wipes his ass will be applauded and copied.

if Mario doesn't win, then he'll be criticized for getting out of bed in the morning.

and, yes, this wouldn't be the first guy who talked tuff before the season begins. and it won't be the last.
    I have so much to learn, please tell me more
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2018
    The obsession with Oregon is cute. Obsessed with projecting decades of husky failure on Oregon. Secretly obsessed with matching the duck's outstanding football accomplishments. But coming up short because you're UW.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2018
    Gladstone said:

most of my life writhing in the dark years of huskydom has taught me that faux tough bravado bullshit like that rarely, if ever, works out.

The Dawg is a viscious animal.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Coaches can be shitty on their own.

Not everyone is a rehash of your shitty coaches.

Except black sark.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club

Coaches can be shitty on their own.

Not everyone is a rehash of your shitty coaches.

Except black sark.

No doubt brotato,

We only know how to understand and describe other abysses in context of our? own
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Much ado about canzanobullshit. Anyone who has been exposed to PNW media for more than 10 minutes should drink a gallon of bleach for even thinking about what Canzano writes.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canzano gets the ire from Oregon fans... He's okay with me. <3
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    AZDuck said:

Much ado about canzanobullshit. Anyone who has been exposed to PNW media for more than 10 minutes should drink a gallon of bleach for even thinking about what Canzano writes.

I too hate Pulitzer winning writers that offer summer camps for less fortunate and disabled kids.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Oregon should of hired OBK, because at least he cares. Cristoballin is just trying to look cool at the one and done stepping stone for other coaching opportunities at better programs.