Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen and Hamdan on the offense

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
“We like our offense,” Petersen said. “We’re always into making it better and tweaking it and what do you do well and how do you play to your talents and strengths — those types of things. Bush is completely dialed into that.”

Said Hamdan: “It always starts with running the football. By nature, we are pro-style guys, if you look at it (from) 20 years ago. I want to be downhill, I want to be able to run the ball and establish things off the run, but this tempo has been really good for us as well and being able to do a lot of different things. The theme, hopefully, stays exactly the same. We’ve had some success here the last couple years, and it’s the ability to do a lot of different things — show a lot of different things — and just keep this thing going.”

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

@Dennis_DeYoung suicide watch GO!

love despondent ddy
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Baphomet said:

I don't even mind the occasional trick play as long as it results in an awesome TD run against the ducks.

The blocking by Dissly and Sample...
    I OK-Gizzed in my pants
    Watching well coached TE's maul people to spring my man crush Gaskin into the open field is amazing, until I remember Socks Shitter is our QB and therefore TSIO before it even starts.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2018

Baphomet said:

I don't even mind the occasional trick play as long as it results in an awesome TD run against the ducks.

That was one of Lenius' most physical plays as a Husky.
    He had a terrific block to spring a big play in a game late in the season (Apple Cup?) and was called for holding, even though he didn't.

And that is still the best play I remember him ever making.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

UW's new offensive coordinator on Browning: "No doubt, he's proven to be one of the best players in the country."

What do you expect him to say, ATBSJBS?
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

Baphomet said:

That was one of Lenius' most physical plays as a Husky.
    He had a terrific block to spring a big play in a game late in the season (Apple Cup?) and was called for holding, even though he didn't.

And that is still the best play I remember him ever making.
    he had a big grab at SC...That was his only pivotal play that I can recall.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Baphomet said:

I OK-Gizzed in my pants
    Watching well coached TE's maul people to spring my man crush Gaskin into the open field is amazing, until I remember Socks Shitter is our QB and therefore TSIO before it even starts.
    The TE blocking has been my favorite part of our offense the past two years.
    That’s really going out on a limb given that the only decent part of our offense is when we have 2 TEs in and run the fucking ball.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Baphomet said:

I OK-Gizzed in my pants
    That’s really going out on a limb given that the only decent part of our offense is when we have 2 TEs in and run the fucking ball.
    I think we should move gaskin to QB
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Baphomet said:

I OK-Gizzed in my pants
    every post you make is a regurgitation of a TSIO line or something similar

pls find an original thought

tia
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Baphomet said:

I OK-Gizzed in my pants
    This is the only sensible idea for ‘17. We wouldn’t lose.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Swaye said:

Baphomet said:

I OK-Gizzed in my pants
    Keep doubling down on the hot takes. If you do it enough you might get a talk show on Fox Sports.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    First team offense

UW still went with Browning, running backs Myles Gaskin, Salvon Ahmed and receivers Andre Baccellia, Aaron Fuller, Ty Jones, Hunter Bryant plus Drew Sample. The Huskies are using the same line combination of Roberts, Wattenberg, Nick Harris, Matt James and Kaleb McGary. Ahmed and Gaskin had some strong runs that went more than 5 or so yards. Gaskin, a Lynnwood native, and Ahmed also had a few receptions, too. Tailbacks Sean McGrew and Kamari Pleasant each had standout runs. McGrew broke off what looked to be about a 20-yard run when the team was inside the Dempsey Indoor to start practice.

Browning and the offense had a feel for what the day would be like early on. On the first play, Browning dropped back to survey the field. He threw a pass, and Rapp came across the field from about 10 or so yards and made a clean pick and took it easily to the house. Taylor had his receiver covered so well, there was no chance for him to make a play on the ball and stop Rapp from getting the interception.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

First team offense

UW still went with Browning, running backs Myles Gaskin, Salvon Ahmed and receivers Andre Baccellia, Aaron Fuller, Ty Jones, Hunter Bryant plus Drew Sample. The Huskies are using the same line combination of Roberts, Wattenberg, Nick Harris, Matt James and Kaleb McGary. Ahmed and Gaskin had some strong runs that went more than 5 or so yards. Gaskin, a Lynnwood native, and Ahmed also had a few receptions, too. Tailbacks Sean McGrew and Kamari Pleasant each had standout runs. McGrew broke off what looked to be about a 20-yard run when the team was inside the Dempsey Indoor to start practice.

Browning and the offense had a feel for what the day would be like early on. On the first play, Browning dropped back to survey the field. He threw a pass, and Rapp came across the field from about 10 or so yards and made a clean pick and took it easily to the house. Taylor had his receiver covered so well, there was no chance for him to make a play on the ball and stop Rapp from getting the interception.

Rapp culture.