Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Arming teachers

13»

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Most SF military including the SEAL teams sought training outside the government and still do. Those same schools are open to the public at a fairly reasonable cost. Yes, I was there.

They go and take shooter jobs for double or triple of what a hall monitor would make.

Highly trained people don't take bullshit jobs.
    That wasn't the poont. The poont was good training is available with having been in the military and at a reasonable cost.
    There are 90,000 elementary schools in the US. That's not even counting high schools.

Less than 1% of the population serves in the military.

It was a stupid fucking idea Race, just admit it and move to the next stupid point like building a wall to keep out the 70% of people who enter this country from Mexico on an airplane.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Most SF military including the SEAL teams sought training outside the government and still do. Those same schools are open to the public at a fairly reasonable cost. Yes, I was there.

They go and take shooter jobs for double or triple of what a hall monitor would make.

That wasn't the poont. The poont was good training is available with having been in the military and at a reasonable cost.
    There are 90,000 elementary schools in the US. That's not even counting high schools.

It was a stupid fucking idea Race, just admit it and move to the next stupid point like building a wall to keep out the 70% of people who enter this country from Mexico on an airplane.
    Seems I omitted the "out" from "without". Without being in the military. Military, except certain units, are not that good with a gun. Most only train on the rifle. School security would mostly rely on handguns.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Why are you talking to me while replying to sled?

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Why are you talking to me while replying to sled?

Confusion from common sense assault.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Stephen Wright would ask how can you enforce a gun free zone without a gun?

I always thought the law was symbolic more than anything. Shouldn't be an issue

Of all the political rhetoric I've seen these days - and like everyone I've seen a lot - one of the more head scratchers was the Gun Free Zone stuff.

I think the idea is that if you're caught with a gun within some radius of a school, the judgments get worse. The rhetoric, of course, is that bad guys don't obey the law and nobody obeying the law will be armed to deal with them. Alright.

But the law exempts, I think, police. Off-duty and retired are, I think, not exempt, and that was probably an unintended consequence of statute drafting - don't know.

The main idea is obvious, and then you don't have that exposure if there are armed people there to deal with a threat.

Arming teachers and random other school officials - sorry, I've been a pretend lawyer too fucking long and know better. What could go wrong?

- Johnny Football Player on a bad meth trip gets the gun out of Mrs. McEnhenny's hands and shoots someone.

- Mrs. Johnson forgets to lock her drawer one recess and Mikey and Bobby go snooping around and accidentally fire off a round and kill the janitor.

- Mr. Smith, a nice shop teacher, thinks he's a Solider of Fortune guy until the shit hits the fan and we find out he's better suited to the wood planer than dealing with a maniac and winds up shooting someone else.

There are no guarantees in life. I know that. But I like my chances better with a trained person who takes his job seriously and routinely practices shooting.

Maintaining possession of a gun safely, and shooting it well under pressure, are not as simple and as straightforward as people think. At least that's what my pretend-cop friends tell me.

I want my kid's math teacher focusing on teaching them math. That's what they decided to be good at. Let them be that, and hire someone who wants to guard human life.

Easy peasy Japaneasy
    Your a petpretend attorney unless your a DA you don't have any cop friends. In Cali a cop is considered on duty 24/7.
    Grammar and punctuation really are not that underrated. The guy who makes my tacos in a truck has a better command of the Engrish.
    You are not worth the time it takes to hit more keys take an ESL class. I hate typing. I also like to blame this damn phone! HTH
    I get it. Being poor, uneducated and stupid takes up a lot of time.

Actually, no I don't get it. I'm none of those things.
    Yes you're rich educated and successful. For a Cuog. So you work at the big gas station?
    SEBAR
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Louanne Johnson didn't need no guns to calm the hood rats...err, students.

I never did buy Michelle Pfieffer as a toughie

No personal photos of @Doog_de_Jour
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Maybe hiring hit men isn't the answer but highly trained ex military who need jobs could be
    Let's dive into this mythical demographic. Highly trained ex military who need a job.

I guess I fit into that category once for about a week. The defense business is huge, not huge, UUUUUUGE. It just got $65B richer last week with the appropriations bill.

Specific training for defense related skills aren't something you can run over to the local CC and get. Because of the complete takeover of omnibus and service contracts under W if your job exists in the military it exists ten fold on the outside.

I went to college the first time under the Chapter 30 GI Bill which sucked because I had to find a guard unit that would pay my tuition. The new Chapter 33 pays you even more and covers your tuition, books, and fees.

Long story longer if someone is truly a highly trained veteran there is no fucking way you are getting them to walk around a school for $38k a year. You're worth six figures in your sleep, because we are.

Non skilled veterans usually become cops which will pay more than being a hall monitor and you can work your way up and have options. Some get into security jobs of start their own security companies. I guess you could contract those to schools, but again it's a dead end job that won't pay shit.

Like most of your Trump based themes it's just utter nonsense that would end up being awful. The only vets you are getting to take that job are the absolute bottom of the barrel or guys. The screening process would be crazy as well. An example; a close friend of mine was a Chaplain assistant in Afghanistan for a year and when he got back he couldn't get a job with the local police department because of things he'd done over there as a fucking Chaplain's assistant.

We don't draft people anymore, hand them a rifle for two years, and send them out in the world alone anymore.
    I feel asleep and couldn't finish this. Did it suck?
    Arming teachers is a bad idea. Having a gun safe or two, hidden in the building, with only trained, authorized persons given access, would save lives. But the imaginations of Libs will scare them away from such ideas, and more children will die as a result, in the second, third, and fourth wave of attacks after shooters reload multiple times before a single cop enters the building.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "Good morning Mr Johnson, how was your weekend? Don't forget to grab your ar-15 on your way out from the staff lounge/armory. By the way, in order for the teachers to do their jobs better the school administration green lit the extended capacity magazines as a measure of support for the teachers. But that means that funding for school security liaisons will be cut back sooooo make good use of your increased lethality! Have a great day "
    animate said:

"Good morning Mr Johnson, how was your weekend? Don't forget to grab your ar-15 on your way out from the staff lounge/armory. By the way, in order for the teachers to do their jobs better the school administration green lit the extended capacity magazines as a measure of support for the teachers. But that means that funding for school security liaisons will be cut back sooooo make good use of your increased lethality! Have a great day "

Why do liberal gun-fearing beta-males always resort to fake melodramatic scenarios to support their weak-kneed positions? Is it because they are dominated by women at home?
    Their thinking runs along the "she has a bigger dick than me" theory.
    edited April 2018
    And why they only pick fights with straw men. #BetaTuff

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Arming teachers is a bad idea. Having a gun safe or two, hidden in the building, with only trained, authorized persons given access, would save lives. But the imaginations of Libs will scare them away from such ideas, and more children will die as a result, in the second, third, and fourth wave of attacks after shooters reload multiple times before a single cop enters the building.

Not, this shouldn't scare anyone.

Giving Mrs. Jensen a 9MM to hide in her classroom is fs. Having firearms around but accessible only to people who know how to use them and won't shit their pants and shoot Mrs. Wheeler by accident is not fs.

There was a version of this discussion a month or so ago in which your position on this fine point of distinction was, at best, ambiguous.

I'm glad you managed to dislodge your head from your bung hole. Welcome back to rationality homie.

Not, this shouldn't scare anyone.

Giving Mrs. Jensen a 9MM to hide in her classroom is fs. Having firearms around but accessible only to people who know how to use them and won't shit their pants and shoot Mrs. Wheeler by accident is not fs.

There was a version of this discussion a month or so ago in which your position on this fine point of distinction was, at best, ambiguous.

I'm glad you managed to dislodge your head from your bung hole. Welcome back to rationality homie.
    My position has been unambiguous and consistent from day one. Welcome to 30 days ago, @creepycoug.