Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pope declares "There is no hell"

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,917
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Apparently His Holiness has never logged onto Hardcore Husky and witnessed a Hondo-Sledog showdown.

https://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pope-francis-there-no-hell

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Pope's claiming #FakeNews

"The Holy Father Francis recently received the founder of the newspaper La Repubblica in a private meeting on the occasion of Easter, without however giving him any interviews. What is reported by the author in today’s article [in La Repubblica] is the result of his reconstruction, in which the textual words pronounced by the Pope are not quoted. No quotation of the aforementioned article must therefore be considered as a faithful transcription of the words of the Holy Father."

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's next? Imagine there's no heaven?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

What's next? Imagine there's no heaven?

It's easy if you try.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

"The Holy Father Francis recently received the founder of the newspaper La Repubblica in a private meeting on the occasion of Easter, without however giving him any interviews. What is reported by the author in today’s article [in La Repubblica] is the result of his reconstruction, in which the textual words pronounced by the Pope are not quoted. No quotation of the aforementioned article must therefore be considered as a faithful transcription of the words of the Holy Father."

So you are saying CNS news is full of shit? And Derek believed it, as usual.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

That quote is from CNS news
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,917
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Poor Derek. So gullible.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,158
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    He's never been to obks California amirite
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There is no god but Caesar
  • Options
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

That quote is from CNS news
    I just read the headline.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    This is why the church never had a Jesuit Pope before.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

There is no god but Caesar

@Octavian true?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So the primary reason all fearful Christians go to church is invalidated? Does this mean no condemnation to eternal fire for mortal sins, or no such thing as mortal sins anymore?

I think @Swaye just won the World.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So the primary reason all fearful Christians go to church is invalidated? Does this mean no condemnation to eternal fire for mortal sins, or no such thing as mortal sins anymore?

Not necessarily. This just takes away the stick part of the equation. The carrot is still there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not necessarily. This just takes away the stick part of the equation. The carrot is still there.
    Hell isn't the best way to sell anyway. In the fervor of my conversion on the road to Damascus many years ago I told my sister she was going to hell

I get reminded of that every time I see here.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

• Options
    edited April 2018

Hell isn't the best way to sell anyway. In the fervor of my conversion on the road to Damascus many years ago I told my sister she was going to hell

I get reminded of that every time I see her.
    YKW. Of all people, you should know the rules here.