Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Historical Seattle Music stuff

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Ran across this after posting about the Fresh Air tavern.

Some of the links in here are good. Should bring back memories to a lot of degenerates.

http://www.callihan.com/seattle/pophist.htm

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Ran across this after posting about the Fresh Air tavern.

Some of the links in here are good. Should bring back memories to a lot of degenerates.

http://www.callihan.com/seattle/pophist.htm

I like how its location eventually became Neighbors. You sure it wasn't called the Blue Oyster at some point?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,159
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    peterblecha.blogspot.com/

I went to high school with this guy and was in a couple of bands with him. He is pretty much the authority on the subject. There is a link to the NW Music archives

I financed his original collection as we went around the NW to used record stores and to meet old guys like Pat O'Dea. We talked to Pat O'Dea when the DAWGS were beating Michigan in 1984.

Next thing I know he's working for Paul Allen at the Music Experience and I still haven't seen a dime back. He even has some of the Evergreen Ballroom stuff I had.

Looks like he has written a bunch of books
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

peterblecha.blogspot.com/

I went to high school with this guy and was in a couple of bands with him. He is pretty much the authority on the subject. There is a link to the NW Music archives

I financed his original collection as we went around the NW to used record stores and to meet old guys like Pat O'Dea. We talked to Pat O'Dea when the DAWGS were beating Michigan in 1984.

Next thing I know he's working for Paul Allen at the Music Experience and I still haven't seen a dime back. He even has some of the Evergreen Ballroom stuff I had.

Looks like he has written a bunch of books

Race, ever met Tom Murphy?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,159
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not that I remember
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Not that I remember

Drummer. Played in the Robert Cray Band. Regular with Jerry Miller, formerly of Moby Grape.