Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Podcast of Champions in depth series

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Colorado = fag

Hope they suck forever

With only Utah as a non threat in the south it's getting tuff

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

As usual, Fatters comes across as a blowhard who loves to hear himself talk. He was by far the worse guest they brought on and that's saying a lot.

I’m not going to listen, but Fetters biggest problem is he always tries to be the smartest guy in the room. That and he’s a pussy who never actually has an opinion.

Compare the dawgman takes to the ones here. Even the ones you disagree with here are better than the dawgman ones.

It’s amazing to me that there are actual fans who can’t talk honestly about their team and just want pollyanna takes and comments.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

As usual, Fatters comes across as a blowhard who loves to hear himself talk. He was by far the worse guest they brought on and that's saying a lot.

I’m not going to listen, but Fetters biggest problem is he always tries to be the smartest guy in the room. That and he’s a pussy who never actually has an opinion.

Compare the dawgman takes to the ones here. Even the ones you disagree with here are better than the dawgman ones.

It’s amazing to me that there are actual fans who can’t talk honestly about their team and just want pollyanna takes and comments.
    agreed. he always is quick to respond to other peoples' opinions by telling them they're wrong but he never goes out with actual opinions and interpretations of information that you would expect from someone who has the title "editor". He's just a peanut gallery commenter.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheHB said:

Oh, Fetters has opinions. Just need to ask him the right questions.

or

Or?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    TheHB said:

Oh, Fetters has opinions. Just need to ask him the right questions.

or

looks so good

until you scroll further
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    89ute said:

dongman said:

How much tim does each one run, tim is of the essence with my schedule? I don’t know if I’ll have the tim to listen, But if it’s 30 or less I might dedicate the tim to go in depth on each school.

I'd like to the the TSIO boys step up and do this kind of thing, but for now, podcast of champions is the only one choosing to fill this void.
    This was actually done in Year 1 of the pod ... it was then realized that by and large nobody gave a shit about 8 of the other 11 schools in the conference.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    Swaye's Wigwam
    http://pac12podcast.com/pac-12-spring-football-updates

This pod from last week is pretty good if you're desperate for some Pac-12 football talk. It's just under two hours. A few things that stood out was Stanford only has some walk on dude QB for spring. How can you hold a spring practice with a QB that will never see the field? Stanford's spring is a total waste.

Chip Kelly's install is going very slowly. UCLA's offense is going to look like Philadelphia's offense during Chips first two years there. I have no clue what that means, I don't know shit about Philly's offense during Kelly's first two years. Pod guys said it will not be like his offense at Oregon. Not nearly as fast paced but kind of fast paced.

USC is fucked at QB. Jack Sears did not complete a single pass during the scrimmage USC pod guy observed. Something like 0 for 6. Fink wasn't much better. Fink's arm strength was only about 2/3rds Browning. High School Senior JT Daniels will probably earn the start when he arrives or a few games into the season, too young to be any good next year. USC guy thinks USC will be heavy on the run.

Arizona spring ball is closed with the exception of a 20 minute observation. Nothing really coming out of AZ.

ASU is going to run a 3 3 5 defense. Someone on staff has some fucking connection with Rocky Long so they're all over this 3 3 5 business. Good luck. Oh ... and Herm is running practices like a pro team, "very loose". Teens and young adults thrive in these "loose" environments. Just axe the US military.

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

High School Senior JT Daniels will probably earn the start when he arrives or a few games into the season, too young to be any good next year. USC guy thinks USC will be heavy on the run.

So they will win the south then
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    The most recent one is really funny because of them ripping on Larry Scott
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Had a road trip so listened to the latest one that had Wilber as a guest. With about 25 minutes remaining they struck gold.

They were giving predictions and USC’s Ryan Abraham said something along the lines of:

Washington in the north. I don’t quite think they’re a playoff team but should win the north. Now barring injury of course.

If Jake Browning gets injured, yeah sure, Washington can now make the playoff.

Say what you want, but these guys get it.

Sold. I'm going to listen to this now.

Had a road trip so listened to the latest one that had Wilber as a guest. With about 25 minutes remaining they struck gold.

They were giving predictions and USC’s Ryan Abraham said something along the lines of:

Washington in the north. I don’t quite think they’re a playoff team but should win the north. Now barring injury of course.

them ripping on larry scoot was fucking funny
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    Swaye's Wigwam

I listened too, pretty good break downs of a few of the spring games.

ASU - Sloppy, Blake Barnett uninterested, probably won't be the #2. Eno Benjamin (could have been a Ute) out with an injury. Tough September schedule for Herm, won't go well.

USC- only 40 plays, passes were rollouts and dumpoffs. Done this way to hide the fact that Sears/Fink can't throw. No tackling. JT Daniels will arrive June 8th. USC guy thinks Fink is ahead, the other guys says they both suck.

Stanford- 1 QB played both sides. His name is Jack Richardson, recruited as a walk on, was awarded a scholarship and the end of spring camp. Stanford will have 3 QBs, Richardson, Davis Mills (recovering from a shredded knee) and starter Costello, recovering from hip injury, just started throwing.

AZ- Tate played a lot, that's about all they said. The game was hard to watch, a lot of stoppages.

UCLA- Interesting QB type Chip is recruiting. Big, tall pro style guys like Speight who is transferring from Michigan to UCLA. They just offered some 6-6 240 pro style guy, didn't catch his name. Modster will be the started. Offense is nothing like Chip's offense at Oregon.

Utah- Most starters did not play, well run game, exciting, game was won on a last second 57 yard field goal. Stable for 2018, same HC, OC, QB, that's why they will be good. Veteran online, will challenge for the south, should be good. Utah and AZ sleeper teams.

Early Pac-12 championship game predictions, Dave- Utah v Worshington, Ryan, Utah v Worshington, Wilner, USC v Worshington.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Utah winning the south?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's Utah or SC
    Clay Helton lives for moments like this