Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If the Parkland deputy would have had this guys balls

2»

Comments

• CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Hondo is lucky Damone doesn't post here anymore.

Why?

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Damone knows how to WTF everything. One day he'll get pissed enough to post.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Doubt it.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I may be wrong but I think they use walls at prisons. Seems effective.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

I may be wrong but I think they use walls at prisons. Seems effective.

I use walls in my house. They do a good job of separating rooms.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pretty sure you aren't getting in Pelosi's compound either but all the cool kids say that walls don't keep people out

A real war is peace Big Brother act by the left

What will the little lambs swallow today?

Pretty sure you aren't getting in Pelosi's compound either but all the cool kids say that walls don't keep people out

Trump is going to get his down payment on the Wall from US taxpayers this week. $25 billion it appears. Not a penny from Mexico. And every single laborer in the California Ag fields will still be there next month, next year, every year. The same for every hospitality and tourism industry worker. All of them. Every year. Domestic workers, landscapers, — none of the are going anywhere. And more will arrive.

Moreover, every pound, ounce and gram of illegal drug will continue to make it through. Same for every illicit laundered dollar.

No one is going to stop this imbecilic Wall from moving forward. It won’t do anything it’s suppose to do however. Guaranteed. No one ever said troomps were smart.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653

Trump is going to get his down payment on the Wall from US taxpayers this week. $25 billion it appears. Not a penny from Mexico. And every single laborer in the California Ag fields will still be there next month, next year, every year. The same for every hospitality and tourism industry worker. All of them. Every year. Domestic workers, landscapers, — none of the are going anywhere. And more will arrive.

Moreover, every pound, ounce and gram of illegal drug will continue to make it through. Same for every illicit laundered dollar.

No one is going to stop this imbecilic Wall from moving forward. It won’t do anything it’s suppose to do however. Guaranteed. No one ever said troomps were smart.
    Trump is going to impose a tariff on Dos Equis, Corona, Pacifico and Modelo, along with Bimbo snacks which are goddamned delicioso.

Dem Messicans are going to pay. Oh yes, they are.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    I hear there's a taco tax coming to Cali.

Trump is going to impose a tariff on Dos Equis, Corona, Pacifico and Modelo, along with Bimbo snacks which are goddamned delicioso.

Dem Messicans are going to pay. Oh yes, they are.

No mas! No mas!

Salty snacks and beer? You win this round throbber...
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    Sledog said:

I hear there's a taco tax coming to Cali.

They'll pry the quesadilla from my cold dead hands....
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,679
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

Right. Those investments into seat belts, air bags, and other worthless stuff should just never have happened. Freedom baby. I should be able to roll down the road in my pickup, no seat belt, keg in the back with 4 kids chillen in the bed.

You're comparing car safety equipment features that have long since been proven to be a demand of the consumers who voluntarily purchase vehicles with their own money to forcing every tax payer to annually fund improvements to school safety. People know that seatbelts and air bags save lives, and that is the reason why, even in the absence of safety regulations, people would gladly pay extra for vehicles with that safety equipment. Every car model sold in the U.S. exceeds the minimum regulatory standards for safety equipment....by far.

And what exactly are you arguing against? I said that if we are going to look at ways we can improve safety through government, we should desire a stronger return on our investment. Your odds of dying or being critically injured in a car crash due to lack of seatbelts is *WAY* more statistically significant than anybody's odds of being shot, and even more so than a child's odds of being shot at school. A quick Google search reveals NHTA's estimate of 15,000 lives being saved per year because people are wearing seatbelts. Right now, the topic at hand is whether or not we should make a similarly costly investment to save 12 lives per year.

14 million vehicles sold per year in the US x $1,000 per vehicle cost to install seatbelts = 14 billion dollars.

Estimated cost to have armed guards and other safety equipment in schools = roughly 14 billion dollars.

Do you get what I'm saying? Return on investment. It's like we've gotten to the point where we have become so politically correct that it's taboo to even talk about how much we're spending to save each life. "How dare you question the price of a human life! Life is priceless! Just spend, spend, spend...do whatever it takes!"....until you tell people to put their money where their mouth is. But that's the problem with using tax dollars. People think it's just magic money that appears out of nowhere and doesn't affect them.

So think of it this way...If I went around selling a service to parents that guaranteed to reduce their child's odds of being shot at school from .0000002% per year to .0000001%, and said "hey, it'll only cost you $1,000 a year", I'll bet only a very small % of them would be stupid enough to think that's a good value for their dollar. Hell, I'd probably get arrested and put in jail for being a snake oil salesman. But when government funds it through tax dollars, suddenly people think it's a good value. But it's not...and people aren't going to know that until we start having serious discussions about it.

And come on, you're throwing in drinking and driving and negligent parental behavior to prove what, exactly? That freedom is bad? What the hell are we even talking about? Real talk, bro...your posts being all over the place like that is one thing you should work on. It's one thing to be blatantly partisan...hell, we're all guilty of that to some degree. But if you want my advice, people will take you more seriously if your posts were less of a blanket of general distaste for libertarian/conservative values, and more of you making a point in the discussion at hand. Take the time to explore your feelings and make a well thought out post. "I feel that this is a good use of tax dollars because _______________" would have been an infinitely better premise for a post.

I know it sucks when somebody criticizes the stuff you write. I've been there. I'm seriously just trying to give you what I think is helpful advice. You post a lot here. And you obviously have strong opinions. So why not take the time to do a better job or writing them out? It's not a race to see how fast you can disagree with somebody. Just my 2 cents.
    TequillaFuckingLong, but spot on.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

When one you’re poasts puts Damoan over the edge I’ll TYFYS.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

When one you’re poasts puts Damoan over the edge I’ll TYFYS.
    Fuck man I'm trying. It'll happen.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Walls don't keep people out

And high speed rail won’t move passengers from LA to SF?

For the exact same reason that high speed rail is a fucking waste and boondoggle, so is the border wall. For hundreds of billions of dollars, you keep no one but the physically inept out (we’re dealing with profession mountain climbers here according to potusFS). They are both massively inefficient for what they are supposed to do.

When there’s demand for money, goods and labor, the supply will meet clear the market. The law of economics trumps the broken, and unenforceable US immigration edicts every single time.

You were promised Mexico would pay. Trumpanzees are such mindless pussies.
    High speed rail is a great idea.

In the Northeast corridor the shitty medium speed train has better market share than flights.

It's just dumb that people pretend rail is a big boondoggle but flights are free and not massively subsidized.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2018

Walls don't keep people out

And high speed rail won’t move passengers from LA to SF?

For the exact same reason that high speed rail is a fucking waste and boondoggle, so is the border wall. For hundreds of billions of dollars, you keep no one but the physically inept out (we’re dealing with profession mountain climbers here according to potusFS). They are both massively inefficient for what they are supposed to do.

When there’s demand for money, goods and labor, the supply will meet clear the market. The law of economics trumps the broken, and unenforceable US immigration edicts every single time.

You were promised Mexico would pay. Trumpanzees are such mindless pussies.
    High speed rail is a great idea.

In the Northeast corridor the shitty medium speed train has better market share than flights.

It's just dumb that people pretend rail is a big boondoggle but flights are free and not massively subsidized.
    You got it backwards bitchfork. Passenger trains and Busses have always been nearly all subsidized by local state and fed government. Most airline flights are not subsidized by the gubment. The big exception would be post 911.