Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michael Neal IS here to play school

13»

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Didn't Spooge get a 1.2 in ECON 200 or something?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dhdawg said:

call me UW econ superiority guy but ECON 200 at UW is an easy class.

My professor was straight out of Islamabad and I needed a month to realize he was talking about firms not farms. Profs without shitty accents were helpful.
    Build that wall
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2018

dhdawg said:

My professor was straight out of Islamabad and I needed a month to realize he was talking about firms not farms. Profs without shitty accents were helpful.
    I passed (barely) Business Calculus on my second try (after an earlier drop) without having any clue what calculus was actually about. The professor had an atrocious accent and the lectures had about 200 students. The quiz sections were smaller, but were taught exclusively in Korean.

When I went to graduate school (not at TCU, sadly), a classmate taught me all I needed to know about calculus in an afternoon. Even he spoke poor English, but I did better with his bumfuck Virginia accent than I did with Korean.

There is a reason some of those classes are called "weed out" courses.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Bitchfork I need some help here ... can’t tell if that’s Facts of Life or a real young Heather Locklear

I have no idea

I searched for teased 80s hot girl and it was quite bad results wise

so then I just searched 80s hot girl and got this. It didn't even get the message across hair wise but shes hot so whatever.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    Founders Club
    Not surprised, lots of stupid people hear.

Roadie san and I should start a thread for engineering
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,181
    Tequilla said:

4.0’s are rare at UW even for classes

It’s well known in academia that a 3.0 at UW is way different than a 3.0 elsewhere

Cannot Vote Down enough.

GTFO
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Bitchfork I need some help here ... can’t tell if that’s Facts of Life or a real young Heather Locklear

I have no idea

I searched for teased 80s hot girl and it was quite bad results wise

so then I just searched 80s hot girl and got this. It didn't even get the message across hair wise but shes hot so whatever.
    Jesus I am old. Heather Locklear.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    AIRWOLF said:

dhdawg said:

I passed (barely) Business Calculus on my second try (after an earlier drop) without having any clue what calculus was actually about. The professor had an atrocious accent and the lectures had about 200 students. The quiz sections were smaller, but were taught exclusively in Korean.

When I went to graduate school (not at TCU, sadly), a classmate taught me all I needed to know about calculus in an afternoon. Even he spoke poor English, but I did better with his bumfuck Virginia accent than I did with Korean.

The weed out course in the business school at asu was accounting 101.

Because they had unavoidable Friday morning class with homework due. At like 730, 830, and 9.

Cruising over with a mimosa was the only move
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2018

AIRWOLF said:

dhdawg said:

The weed out course in the business school at asu was accounting 101.

Because they had unavoidable Friday morning class with homework due. At like 730, 830, and 9.

Cruising over with a mimosa was the only move
    Almost all of the sections of the Introduction to Business Law class met at 7:30 AM when I was at UW. Of course I couldn't get into one of the ones that met at 10:30. Such a disaster.

The first mid-term was the Monday after a lacrosse team road trip and I did not do well. When the instructor put the test score distribution up on the overhead projector (I am old), I was the low outlier, by about 20 percentage points. I think I recall him even making a comment about "that poor SOB".

That was the absolute low point for me academically, which is saying something considering how much fuckery I engaged in during high school and college.