Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seahawks need to do something

2»

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It doesn't matter. The Eagles, Rams, and Vikings are going to plunger the NFC this year. Even if the Hawks have a suprising year and make the wild card they won't make it past any of those teams. I doubt they make the playoffs this year either.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It doesn't matter. The Eagles, Rams, and Vikings are going to plunger the NFC this year. Even if the Hawks have a suprising year and make the wild card they won't make it past any of those teams. I doubt they make the playoffs this year either.

They’re not making the playoffs but i want to see those three teams face first place schedules before I crown then perennial monsters.

The biggest problem is the NFC is really deep IMO. GB and everyone in the NFC South* except TB are real threats to win the NFC as well

Assuming Sark goes drunken awol early in the year, of course.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pete is gone after this season. His track record shows that things in Seattle have run their course and his message is lost.

jim harbaugh come on up
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Baseman said:

Seahawks need to rebuild but have no money or draft picks to rebuild. Schneider may have had a great first couple years but he has fucked the Hawks in the ass the past 3-4.

Absolutely. They made a bunch of win now moves and every one was bad.

They are doing the right things now. Hooefully they can get a good return from Earl Thomas.

The NFL has so much parity. The Seahawks can still be good. We still have Russ, Baldwin, Wagner, Wright, Clark, and Griffin.
    But the massive equity the Hawks had amassed with the 12s took a blow when they let ASJ sign elsewhere
    Why would you waste money on a TE that little Russell Wilson, the actor, the boy toy, the baseball player, the preacher, batman, the talk show host - the every fucking thing EXCEPT a NFL QB - won't throw to anyway.

Run the ball because Wilson is not an elite QB.
    mobey said:

Baseman said:

Seahawks need to rebuild but have no money or draft picks to rebuild. Schneider may have had a great first couple years but he has fucked the Hawks in the ass the past 3-4.

They are doing the right things now. Hooefully they can get a good return from Earl Thomas.

The NFL has so much parity. The Seahawks can still be good. We still have Russ, Baldwin, Wagner, Wright, Clark, and Griffin.
    But the massive equity the Hawks had amassed with the 12s took a blow when they let ASJ sign elsewhere
    Why would you waste money on a TE that little Russell Wilson, the actor, the boy toy, the baseball player, the preacher, batman, the talk show host - the every fucking thing EXCEPT a NFL QB - won't throw to anyway.

you're a total fucking idiot if you think Russell Wilson is not an NFL QB
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

TheHB said:

Seahawks looking at 6-10 or worse in 2018. Maybe a top 10 draft pick in 2019. If Schneider and Carroll don't get them back into the playoffs in 2019, Paul Allen puts their couches on the curb.

I doubt they are that bad. Honestly that might be the best case scenario. I'm afraid they're headed to 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 purgatory. Too good to get a high pick and restock, too bad to compete.

Dennis Erickson era redux.
    They are definitely that bad. I am assuming it’s a plan so they can load up again for 2019, but the roster is seriously anemic. Add a largely new coaching staff and some much improved competition to the mix, and 6-10 is the ceiling. It’s going to be really ugly for the 12s! In 2018.
    TheHB said:

dnc said:

TheHB said:

Seahawks looking at 6-10 or worse in 2018. Maybe a top 10 draft pick in 2019. If Schneider and Carroll don't get them back into the playoffs in 2019, Paul Allen puts their couches on the curb.

I doubt they are that bad. Honestly that might be the best case scenario. I'm afraid they're headed to 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 purgatory. Too good to get a high pick and restock, too bad to compete.

They are definitely that bad. I am assuming it’s a plan so they can load up again for 2019, but the roster is seriously anemic. Add a largely new coaching staff and some much improved competition to the mix, and 6-10 is the ceiling. It’s going to be really ugly for the 12s! In 2018.
    I hope you're? right!
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

TheHB said:

dnc said:

TheHB said:

I hope you're? right!
    He’s right, you know. . . .
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

mobey said:

Baseman said:

I believe he said he was not elite, not that he's not an actual NFL qb.

Also, he is not an elite qb. One step below elite.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

mobey said:

Baseman said:

Sounds like @dnc needs to learn the difference.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

TSIO, but spending money the first couple days of free agency is a good way to make sure the next few seasons will be over as well.

They got into this mess by throwing money around. Patience is the right strategery now.

Spending money just to spend is a surefire way to mediocrity. That’s true in all sports.
    Exhibit A: Washington Deadskins over the past 20 years
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2018
    haie said:

Seattle's a fucking shit franchise. Always has been. They got a ring off of a few years of lucky drafting. Last 3 years drafting they've been ass, like normal.

They fucking suck balls. So do their fans.

No.

If you wrote this in March of 2003, it would be pretty accurate. They were basically the Mariners then and had one AFC Championship appearance as the crowning achievement.

Since then, one ring, three SB appearances, 11 playoff appearances...like 8 or 9 divisions? I lost track.

Allen has put forth a winner as owner.

and warning: Seahook thought here...it was damn close to being three rings with less idiotic play calling and semi competent officiating

dnc said:

mobey said:

Baseman said:

He said he's "every fucking thing EXCEPT a NFL QB"
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

dnc said:

TSIO, but spending money the first couple days of free agency is a good way to make sure the next few seasons will be over as well.

They got into this mess by throwing money around. Patience is the right strategery now.

Spending money just to spend is a surefire way to mediocrity. That’s true in all sports.
    Except in baseball. In baseball you have to pay to play.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2018
    mobey said:

@dnc Your eyes are as good as Grandpa Sankey's.

mobey said:

@dnc Your eyes are as good as Grandpa Sankey's.
    He literally said "he is every fucking thing EXCEPT a NFL QB".

If you can't see I stopped reading after that @GrandpaSankey can't help you.