Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kim Jong-un has committed to denuclearisation

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

I don't trust that fat dumpling for a second.

Nobody should. Trust but verify isn't just a slogan from the 80's

History has proven time and again that strength and the projection of power work better against despots than pallets of cash and agreements to allow them to build nukes

After 20 r 30 years of the latter we can try the former

@BearsWiin says not all problems have a solution

We builder developer types know that every problem is just a solution waiting to happen

Chuck Knox in another 80's slogan that I have used ever since

I'm a problem solver for a living
    It's cute that you think building problems are somehow equivalent to diplomacy.
    The Builder in Chief is wiping up the floor with the career diplomats.

When your living and think tank salary depend on not finding a solution so you can say things like "not every problem has a solution" you won't find a solution.
    It's cute that you think your guy isn't being played.
    It's cuter that you think he is. There is absolutely no risk in sitting down with the tinpot. The risk is in NK because their dear leader can't even admit SK exists

Being played is giving NK reactors and cash and telling us? that it will be for peaceful use

Bubba got played just like Obama in Iran
    It's cute that you think you understand this shit.
    It's cute that you don't. Funny how a brash shit talker is solving problems that all of your alleged academis could not. Thats got to hurt.
    It's cute that you think that your kindergartner-in-chief is solving anything.
    When the bully comes to break your glasses and take your lunch money, guys like you hand it over and then ask if there's anything else you can do to appease them. Trump just kicks the bastards in the balls and breaks their teeth. Winston Churchill had the same attitude toward Hitler.That's the proper way to deal with a bully. Your way and the way of your pussy "new democrats" who were supposed to "drag the rest of the country kicking and screaming into the 21st century" failed. Time to try something else.
    .. said the neocons in 2003.

Look, it's OK that you really don't know shit about how this works. It's not OK that the guy in the fucking Oval Office really doesn't know shit about how this works.
    He's got the fat boy backed into a corner begging not to get fucked up. He seems to understand how this shit works well enough. If Hillary, Obama, Justin Trudeau, you or any other faux liberal were in charge, 'Lil Kim would still be lobbing rockets into the Sea of Japan.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

They said the same thing about Reagan

Now they say the Soviet Union was going to collapse anyway

The Left is never wrong. Just aks them

Before you try to fit a round analogy in a square hole, you might read Steve Sestanovich's "Did the West Undo The East" from a 1993 special edition of The National Interest.

Or you can just keep throwing shit because you're a bitter ex-Dem. You're choice
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was there and the oft reviled Anne Coulter wrote a great book using Nexus Lexus showing ALL of the articles at the time saying exactly what I said

But I'm sure yet another professor writing after the fact to rewrite history has it nailed.

I'm throwing straight fire
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

They said the same thing about Reagan

Now they say the Soviet Union was going to collapse anyway

The Left is never wrong. Just aks them

It's cute that you voted against the Gipper TWICE.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I was there and the oft reviled Anne Coulter wrote a great book using Nexus Lexus showing ALL of the articles at the time saying exactly what I said

But I'm sure yet another professor writing after the fact to rewrite history has it nailed.

Sestanovich was Reagan's NSC Policy Planning Director
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'd give Rodman more of a shot at getting ink on paper than Trump at this point.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I guess I am fucking cute

My voting against him twice gives me cred. I'm not some deranged hater of any GOP that dares to win an election for President

It's perfectly plausible that another GOP would have beaten Hill. Maybe not with the same map, but still doable.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2018

My voting against him twice gives me cred. I'm not some deranged hater of any GOP that dares to win an election for President

It's perfectly plausible that another GOP would have beaten Hill. Maybe not with the same map, but still doable.

Only Rand Paul, imo. I still not sure he could have gotten out of the primary.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_kasich_vs_clinton-5162.html

Rand Paul - hell no.

Kasich was polling well ahead of Hill in April 2016. She was a terribly weak candidate. At a minimum, I think Kasich could have pulled out something like 2004 GW. It's fiction that Trump was the only GOP option who could win.
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_kasich_vs_clinton-5162.html

Rand Paul - hell no.

Kasich was polling well ahead of Hill in April 2016. She was a terribly weak candidate. At a minimum, I think Kasich could have pulled out something like 2004 GW. It's fiction that Trump was the only GOP option who could win.
    I never said he was which is why I wondered why you replied to me with it

I do think that it takes a Trumpian character to withstand the massive Left Wing smear machine

Romney should have beat Obama but he was a pussy. McCain didn't even campaign in 08.

The Clintons are not easy to beat. She won the popular vote in case you hadn't heard. Kasich was dem light. No point in voting for a copy when you can have the real thing like HIllary
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Anne Coulter is your source?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Anne Coulter is your source?
    The oft reviled Ann Coulter

Lexus Nexus and my own mind are my source
    salemcoog said:

I'd give Rodman more of a shot at getting ink on paper than Trump at this point.

Who are you and what have you done with my bro' kewg?
    Kasich was a loser bitch. He was no different than Hillary or any other jackass representing the one party in power. The R or a D behind the name is just a guise. It's the same party. Trump didn't belong to it. It's why he won. It's why they hate him. It's why I'm voting him in for a second term.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kasich was a loser bitch. He was no different than Hillary or any other jackass representing the one party in power. The R or a D behind the name is just a guise. It's the same party. Trump didn't belong to it. It's why he won. It's why they hate him. It's why I'm voting him in for a second term.

So, what have you gotten thus far OBK different from orthodox GOP positions? Are the 11 million illegals gone? Is the wall built? There were some tax cuts in the standard GOP fare. The jurdges are the same that any GOP President would have nominated. Style over substance if you axe me.

pawz said:

Rand Paul - hell no.

I do think that it takes a Trumpian character to withstand the massive Left Wing smear machine

Romney should have beat Obama but he was a pussy. McCain didn't even campaign in 08.

The Clintons are not easy to beat. She won the popular vote in case you hadn't heard. Kasich was dem light. No point in voting for a copy when you can have the real thing like HIllary
    We? will never know. Bannon worked it out, and Trump was the perfect Bannon candidate, because he'll say anything. Could Kasich have won with a Bannon campaign? Would he have had the stones to do it? Or Rand? Doubtful. I don't think either one of those guys can stomach Bannon. Trump can and did and won.

Could Kasich or Rand have won w/o a neo-populist movement behind them? Potentially, especially Kasich. The dems. and Hill did their part in all this, as we've discussed b4. I think people still think Rand is his Dad, and neither of them is good on camera or very relatable, espeshully the son, who comes off as a bit of weirdo; his interview on GMA was just killer turrible and may have done him in before he ever really got started.

I still think Romney would have been a helluva conservative choice for the R. Presentable, great hair, no skeletons, business acumen, etc. Even w/ the cult affiliation, Romney comes off like a guy who appreciates the value of keeping the church/state divide nice and wide. And I don't think Mormons generally care to pander to the white trash evangelical right.

So, what have you gotten thus far OBK different from orthodox GOP positions? Are the 11 million illegals gone? Is the wall built? There were some tax cuts in the standard GOP fare. The jurdges are the same that any GOP President would have nominated. Style over substance if you axe me.
    LIPO

I don't trust that fat dumpling for a second.

Nobody should. Trust but verify isn't just a slogan from the 80's

History has proven time and again that strength and the projection of power work better against despots than pallets of cash and agreements to allow them to build nukes

After 20 r 30 years of the latter we can try the former

@BearsWiin says not all problems have a solution

We builder developer types know that every problem is just a solution waiting to happen

Chuck Knox in another 80's slogan that I have used ever since

I'm a problem solver for a living
    Chuck Knox never won his confrunce and sucked ballz in the post-season. NOT winning. HTH.
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Rand Paul - hell no.

I don't think having Dem Light (i.e., what Bill Clinton was) is the worst thing quite frankly. I'm one of those boring, bland, Simpson - Bowles, Grand Bargain, compromiser types.

Bill was not easy to beat. Hillary was (2008, 2016). She had historically bad favorability ratings going into the deal. Uncle Joe would have held the blue wall easily and killed Trump in a landslide.

The country is still mostly moderate to conservative leaning. Obama was a once in a generation candidate for the Dems who could get out the vote in a way that Gore, Kerry, Hill could not.