Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Climate Change Update

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Woke up to three inches of snow on the ground in Northern Virginia in late March. Not sure global warming is really a thing.

I have to go shovel snow now. FML.

Comments

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This means Climate Change is still on the table though right?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Weather is the same thing as climate POTD.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Swaye said:

Woke up to three inches of snow on the ground in Northern Virginia in late March. Not sure global warming is really a thing.

Man I don't miss that shit.

Remote start is a lifesaver
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I like having a garage that's connected to my home. And the people who come shovel my walkway and plow my driveway by 7:00am whenever it snows are pretty nice, too.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I like having a garage that's connected to my home. And the people who come shovel my walkway and plow my driveway by 7:00am whenever it snows are pretty nice, too.

Typical conservative freeloader.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Global warming switched over to climate change awhile back when they needed a new agenda. Keep up Swaye!1
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Everyone talks about climate change and how its so horrible but nothing about why I should give a flying fuck.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Everyone talks about climate change and how its so horrible but nothing about why I should give a flying fuck.

Where does your water come from ass eater? If it doesn't snow enough in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, etc, yer fuct. Not saying we can do anything about it so don't twist.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Typical conservative freeloader.
    Thank God they passed that initiative to use tax dollars to pay for snow removal on my property. I can't think of any other way the snow removal crew could have been paid for those services.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Where does your water come from ass eater? If it doesn't snow enough in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, etc, yer fuct. Not saying we can do anything about it so don't twist.
    If lack of snow causes a shortage in fresh water supply, then we'll have to invest in desalinization plants so that we can convert ocean water into drinking water. And that should be a win-win situation since ocean levels are rising, right?
    The Jews (i.e., Israel) are making huge technological progress in this area in driving down the costs involved for desalinization. I tend to be an optimist here in man kind's ability to adapt. But if you live in Vegas or Phoenix or wherever the heck BitchFork is, that's a pretty long distance from the future dieselization plant. You could pipe the water inland, but it ain't going be cheap.
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2018
    If we can get the coastal states to use desalinization, wouldn't that leave more fresh water for Arizona to use?
    Swaye's Wigwam

If we can get the coastal states to use desalinization, wouldn't that leave more fresh water for them?

You gonna have your lawyer talk to @CirrhosisDawg 's and get CA to give up their share and spend more on desalinization? What about Mexico's cut?

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,479

If we can get the coastal states to use desalinization, wouldn't that leave more fresh water for them?

You gonna have your lawyer talk to @CirrhosisDawg 's and get CA to give up their share and spend more on desalinization? What about Mexico's cut?

Take it as partial payment on the costs of 20-40 million illegals in our country
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

If lack of snow causes a shortage in fresh water supply, then we'll have to invest in desalinization plants so that we can convert ocean water into drinking water. And that should be a win-win situation since ocean levels are rising, right?
    The Jews (i.e., Israel) are making huge technological progress in this area in driving down the costs involved for desalinization. I tend to be an optimist here in man kind's ability to adapt. But if you live in Vegas or Phoenix or wherever the heck BitchFork is, that's a pretty long distance from the future dieselization plant. You could pipe the water inland, but it ain't going be cheap.
    unfortunately I am a pessimist when it is government trying to control mankind's ability
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

We've covered this my friend. AZ and NV just need to lock the gates so @CirrhosisDawg's Old Cali can blow away like dust in the wind.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    Swaye said:

Throw on an extra buffalo pelt and suck it up.

What? The white devils killed all the Tatonka?

#shrinkage.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

LebamDawg said:

unfortunately I am a pessimist when it is government trying to control mankind's ability
    It's the conundrum that statists don't want to face. They think most people are bad and will misbehave, so we must have government to keep them in order. But who do we elect to manage and work for government? People! So basically government just winds up giving bad people more power to be bad.

You go the other way and say most people are good, and again you wind up with a situation where there is no justification for government.
    When will we start getting evolving artificial intelligence bots running for the senate?