Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which is more embarassing

whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
edited March 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
I'm struggling a bit here, want to bust on all the UVA losers loseness, but Owen12.

Which is more embarassing 53 votes

Be the #1 overall seed in the NCAAM tourney, be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16, lose by 20 to a commuter school from Maryland
49%
TierbsHsotBoobsCFetters_Nacho_LoverHouhuskySwayePostGameOrangeSlicesThomasFremontLoneStarDawgUWhuskytskeetCokeGreaterThanPepsidncJECARTheHBbiak1allpurpleallgoldEsophagealFecesEwaDawghuskyhooliganSledogBreadNEsnake12 26 votes
Owen12
50%
Fire_Marshall_BillwhlindervadawgBennyBeaverHuskyJWDawgtonaMad_SonDeepSeaZ79smoothdawgExtraChrisBchuckHUSKYFANATIChaiewhatshouldicareaboutBayDawgHuskyInAZpurpledoogfanLebamDawgSourcesPitchfork51 27 votes

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Be the #1 overall seed in the NCAAM tourney, be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16, lose by 20 to a commuter school from Maryland
    Ultimately came down to being the only 1st seed in history. Tough call.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Owen12
    Owen 12 was meaningless after Owen 1 that year, but still...
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2018
    Owen12
    I like maryland.

You faggots have never been to seacrets in ocean City.

Die in a fire

TBH swaye probably has been there
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I like maryland.

Die in a fire

OC fucking sucks. Assateague island is much better.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Owen12
    Owen12 means you couldn’t even beat Wazzu, Oregon State, and Cal.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Owen12

I like maryland.

Die in a fire

Not just Swaye. Secrets is a hell of a party. Especially if you know the band.
    But Dewey > OC

Maryland sucks.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Can I write in, win 116 games, lose in the ALCS and put up a banner about it.

Yes

The 94 Sonics and the 2001 Mariners are the comp

The 73 win Warriors say hey too
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Alexis said:

Can I write in, win 116 games, lose in the ALCS and put up a banner about it.

Yes

The 94 Sonics and the 2001 Mariners are the comp

The 73 win Warriors say hey too
    DISAFUCKINGREE

Having a great season and falling a little short of the title is embarrassing. It's nothing like being the top seed and losing to the 68th seed.

Only the Sonics choke job is comparable, IMO.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Owen12
    Owen is worse because "we" were a football school when it happened.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2018
    dnc said:

Only the Sonics choke job is comparable, IMO.

I literally cried when that happened. Right in front of a bunch of my extended family members, too. At the time, it was the most traumatic thing I'd experienced in my entire 8 years of life.

That's why I felt bad for the kid who cried when the Packers lost the NFCCG to the Seahawks in an unlikely comeback a few years ago. It was funny, but I've been there. He had to watch Michael Bennett celebrate by riding a police bicycle around the stadium, just like I had to watch Dikembe Mutombo lying on his back on the court holding a basketball in front of him with his eyes shut and his mouth wide open. I've hated him ever since. Robert Pack, too. "oh, I'm Robert Pack, and I'm only gonna try to be a good player for one half of one game in my entire career." I'll bet he actually said that, so I'm just gonna leave the quotes on there.

Anyway, that sort of passion for spectator sports... it runs in the family. I remember the Sonics losing a critical playoff game a year or two later to a last second shot. My dad got pissed and started cussing up a storm. Then, one of the guy's teammates jumped on him to celebrate, to which my dad shouted "Good, now hump him! He's just so fucking wonderful, so why the fuck not!?" ...and it was in the same tone of voice he'd use when road raging or whenever a liberal was on TV talking about politics, so I knew it was legit.

I know, I know...cool stories. I don't even remember what this topic is about, and I'll be damned if I'm going to take the time to scroll up and find out.