Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Legendary Hawaiian moving to the frozen norhteast

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Worst to first!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,167
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hawaii is proud today
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    Bellichick must have incriminating photos of the Browns owner
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was right. He was as bad of early pick as Locker.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Idk if you can say that yet. Locker just could not stay healthy and did not have that desire to be great
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,265
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Idk if you can say that yet. Locker just could not throw a football accurately or play for a coach who would move him to safety
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The safe pick bullshit spouted by pundits is mind numbingly dumb. Same for thinking that taking a RB early is dumb. For a long time, drafting a safety early was considered a waste.

The Jags picked Fournette and shaped their team around the run game and defense. The implications the pick had on the Jags was as important as the pick itself. Yeah, the Jags could have picked Kamara or Hunt in the 2nd or 3rd, but Fournette was a good pick.

First round picks should be difference makers. Shelton and LT’s are considered safe picks, but unless the LT is Walter Jones, I’m not picking him above Barkley.

Fitzpatrick from Alabama is my definition of a safe pick. He can play somewhere in a NFL secondary and will be a good player.
  • Options

The safe pick bullshit spouted by pundits is mind numbingly dumb. Same for thinking that taking a RB early is dumb. For a long time, drafting a safety early was considered a waste.

The Jags picked Fournette and shaped their team around the run game and defense. The implications the pick had on the Jags was as important as the pick itself. Yeah, the Jags could have picked Kamara or Hunt in the 2nd or 3rd, but Fournette was a good pick.

First round picks should be difference makers. Shelton and LT’s are considered safe picks, but unless the LT is Walter Jones, I’m not picking him above Barkley.

Fitzpatrick from Alabama is my definition of a safe pick. He can play somewhere in a NFL secondary and will be a good player.

Fitzpatrick that kid is a fucking stud
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fitzpatrick that kid is a fucking stud
    It’s a crapshoot, but he’s a guaranteed solid starter. He has a versatile skill set that fits any coach and scheme.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Drafting a RB in the top 5 is dumb though. Even if he ends up being a top 10 RB, (which there is no guarantee) you are getting him market price. The value isn't there compared to other positions.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Drafting a RB in the top 5 is dumb though. Even if he ends up being a top 10 RB, (which there is no guarantee) you are getting him market price. The value isn't there compared to other positions.
    I disagree. I doubt the Jags regret drafting Fournette. I doubt the Cowboys regret drafting Elliott. Beyond the top 5, Todd Gurley was picked 10th. Not only are these guys good, but picking a RB early basically forces a franchise to commit to the running game.

Barkley is a day one stud. I would absolutely draft him top 5 if I needed a RB. I get what you are saying about value, but Barkley is special.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The game has definitely flipped. A couple years ago you wouldn't dream of burning a 1st rd pick with a RB. Now, you don't dream of doing so with a WR as most recent 1st rounders have been busts. If you have a decent Oline and need a good back, I'd take Barkley early. But if you're Oline sucks, He's not gonna do shit anyway and you should probably look there.

• Options

Gladstone said:

Falk started his Apple Cup career getting embarrassed by Danny, and ended it getting embarrassed by Vita. The circle of Hawaii.
    On which island is auburn at?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Falk started his Apple Cup career getting embarrassed by Danny, and ended it getting embarrassed by Vita. The circle of Hawaii.
    On which island is auburn at?
    Same island where Milpitas is.