Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A message to Michael Porter Jr. fans

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    His father, Missouri assistant coach Michael Porter Sr., told ESPN that he didn't want his son to make a decision on his future during such an emotional time. In fact, he said that his son wants to make a decision, but "we're holding him back."

I wonder how much Papa Porter thinks his cut will be?
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Watched a few minutes of Missouri/FSU last night-- he looked awful. I get he's out of shape was gassed, but he looked shaky handling the ball and looked slow.
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Watched a few minutes of Missouri/FSU last night-- he looked awful. I get he's out of shape was gassed, but he looked shaky handling the ball and looked slow.

None of this—including his NCAA Tourney performance—would have happened if UW kept Romar.
    Cohen blundered.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited March 2018
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    guntlove said:

Baseman said:

None of this—including his NCAA Tourney performance—would have happened if UW kept Romar.
    Cohen blundered.
    Paying the Porters and Jrs medical costs for an NIT berth would have been special.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652

When I watched Porter on TV last year, I thought he was one of the best high school players I had ever seen. There aren’t many 6’10” guys with his shot and skill level.

That said, this whining and crying act doesn’t bode well for his future. What the fuck does he even have to cry about? He played no part in his team even getting to the tournament.

The way high school and AAU basketball work now, the really good kids never face any adversity until they get to college. They are babied and handed things their entire lives. Everything they ask for, they get and people are constantly being told how great they are. When you live your entire life like that and then face some tough times, the infantilism sets in
    Truth.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

When I watched Porter on TV last year, I thought he was one of the best high school players I had ever seen. There aren’t many 6’10” guys with his shot and skill level.

That said, this whining and crying act doesn’t bode well for his future. What the fuck does he even have to cry about? He played no part in his team even getting to the tournament.

The way high school and AAU basketball work now, the really good kids never face any adversity until they get to college. They are babied and handed things their entire lives. Everything they ask for, they get and people are constantly being told how great they are. When you live your entire life like that and then face some tough times, the infantilism sets in
    Truth.

So they are basically girls
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He's also home schooled, so he's sheltered from people in general. Bodes well.