Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Podcast of Champions in depth series

They are doing a school by school podcast on the infrastructure and support system of each of the Pac-12 schools. Pretty interesting listen so far. Unfortunately since they are 247 affiliated, they'll probably have Kim or Fatters on to represent UW.

http://pac12podcast.com/

Comments

• dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    How much tim does each one run, tim is of the essence with my schedule? I don’t know if I’ll have the tim to listen, But if it’s 30 or less I might dedicate the tim to go in depth on each school.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    89ute said:

dongman said:

How much tim does each one run, tim is of the essence with my schedule? I don’t know if I’ll have the tim to listen, But if it’s 30 or less I might dedicate the tim to go in depth on each school.

I listened to the Utah/CU podcast. Looks like about 45 minutes per school. You pick up some interesting things. For example, I never knew there was a travel restriction placed on schools when they host recruits. It's something like a 20 mile restriction, so it limits some of the things a school can show regarding the uniqueness of the area surrounding a school. Utah always takes kids snowmobiling. Pretty cool experience for kids who have never seen snow before and showcases that you're minutes away from wilderness. Florida and Texas kids love the mountains, have no clue what they're missing until they're convinced to visit.

CU- it's pretty much 45 minutes of how fucked they are, how fucked they've been and how fucked they are in the future.

I'm going to find the time to listen Oregon/OSU and whatever comes out after that. I'm sure some will be better than others. One bitch I have regarding the Utah segment was that Dan Sorensen, formal Rivals turned Scout turned 247 wasn't sure if Utah was the only team to not win the south. He wasn't sure if one of the Zonas hadn't won the south yet. Motherfucker has been a so called Utah football TBSer, bored moderator for 10 something years. One of the many reasons I can't stand a lot of my fellow Utes. This pin head motherfucker could tell you every little nuance regarding BYU but doesn't know jack shit about the Pac-12.

I'd like to the the TSIO boys step up and do this kind of thing, but for now, podcast of champions is the only one choosing to fill this void.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

89ute said:

dongman said:

I listened to the Utah/CU podcast. Looks like about 45 minutes per school. You pick up some interesting things. For example, I never knew there was a travel restriction placed on schools when they host recruits. It's something like a 20 mile restriction, so it limits some of the things a school can show regarding the uniqueness of the area surrounding a school. Utah always takes kids snowmobiling. Pretty cool experience for kids who have never seen snow before and showcases that you're minutes away from wilderness. Florida and Texas kids love the mountains, have no clue what they're missing until they're convinced to visit.

CU- it's pretty much 45 minutes of how fucked they are, how fucked they've been and how fucked they are in the future.

I'm going to find the time to listen Oregon/OSU and whatever comes out after that. I'm sure some will be better than others. One bitch I have regarding the Utah segment was that Dan Sorensen, formal Rivals turned Scout turned 247 wasn't sure if Utah was the only team to not win the south. He wasn't sure if one of the Zonas hadn't won the south yet. Motherfucker has been a so called Utah football TBSer, bored moderator for 10 something years. One of the many reasons I can't stand a lot of my fellow Utes. This pin head motherfucker could tell you every little nuance regarding BYU but doesn't know jack shit about the Pac-12.

I'd like to the the TSIO boys step up and do this kind of thing, but for now, podcast of champions is the only one choosing to fill this void.

I was macgruber for halloween in 2010 or so.

no one got it.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tried the Oregon pod before reading your assessment. Wish I would have seen it first. Didnt make it to Oregon State.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    89ute said:

I listened to the in-depth look at Oregon and Oregon State. Oregon portion was a waste of time. I did learn that the dude they talked with is part of another podcast "The Solid Verbal"
    https://www.solidverbal.com/
    I've never heard of it but I'm on a quest to find good Pac-12 content. I didn't like the Oregon dude (Dan Rubenstein) so I question my sanity wanting to try his podcast, but what the fuck, maybe the other guy is good? Anyway, if you listen to this you can jump ahead the first 9 minutes to chip away at the 1:51 run time. If your time is of any value at all, skip the Oregon part altogether.

The OSU part is listenable. The chick doing the talking (Angie Machado?) does a good job. Lots of facts, numbers and stuff. Some interesting talk about Gary Andersen. Apparently there are tons of rumors floating around Corvallis ranging from alcohol to infidelity. I kind of thought Gary was hitting the booze only because he had that classic, big red I'm-an-alcoholic nose. His hand picked staff was not communicating and often fighting. Gary was in too deep to flip it so he bailed. (That's Angie's quick assessment, sounds reasonable) That's it for the salacious details, other than that, OSU is fucked, always has been and always will be, but not a bad listen.

Podcast of Champions isn't exactly blowing me away, I keep waiting for it to get good, but there just isn't anything else out there that I'm aware of.

Ironically, Rubenstein has been the biggest name to join for this series. All the other guests have been a contributor for the affiliate 247 site.

I agree, the podcast is far from good but unfortunately there's very little Pac 12 content out there, especially this time of year. Jon Wilner has a Pac12 podcast but the frequency is sporadic in the offseason.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Poadcast of Champions is better during the season. The 247 goof they had on to preview Cal expects them to win at least 8 and probably 10 games in 2018.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Dan Rubenstein sucks and the Solid Verbal is a shit podcast. The Oregon and Cal segments were bad. The others were better.

facts
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Was sorta interested til finding out that dumb nasally rubenstein faggot was associated with it
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,288
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes