Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doogman is a classy place

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited December 2012 in Tug Tavern
I like to post prayers on football message board. I'm classy like that. If I don't make the first post, I like to reply in agreement so that everyone knows I am NOT ok with mass shootings and am also praying. Hopefully those close to the situation will login to Dm soon to see the class on display. I am bit bit troubled that I don't see prayers offered for the Portland mall shooting. But only two people died and they were adults, so it's understandable.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Times like this make me regret the missed opportunity of creating the WeAreAMassShootingSchool handle a few years ago.

Also, wouldn't it have been a bit more useful to pray for the children BEFORE the shooting?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like to say "the world is getting crazier" and "what is the world coming too" and forget the world has been violent, horrific, abusive, etc and even more so in the past. People like to forget Stalin and to beat Hitler in the body count to win the most brutal mass murderer in history. Pol Pot made a decent run, but couldn't score in the red zone.

So yeah, this is a horrifiec deal, but certainly when you look at the history of humanity, doesn't rank on the "what have we become" scale.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Pol Pot just needed more time to get his own guys in there. He only had four years to learn on the job, and in THAT economy, you couldn't expect him to finish off drives.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You guys have no idea the damage Khieu Samphan did.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pol Pot killed people for wearing glasses. The pol voters like that
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,905
    Founders Club
    I largely agree, but the one detail I'll refer to that shocked me was hearing 20 kids dead. The thought that went through my mind was "along with the Colorado movie theatre shooting, these things are escalating in scope".

That being said, it is narcissistic to post Ts and Ps on a sports message bored that will have no bearing or impact whatsoever on the actual situation or victims.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,905
    Founders Club
    Yes, I just spelled it bored. It is now in my DNA.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I largely agree, but the one detail I'll refer to that shocked me was hearing 20 kids dead. The thought that went through my mind was "along with the Colorado movie theatre shooting, these things are escalating in scope".

That being said, it is narcissistic to post Ts and Ps on a sports message bored that will have no bearing or impact whatsoever on the actual situation or victims.

That's just it. Everyone with not even half a brain, but just a brain stem thinks this is unimaginable. So yeah, I want to announce I'm in the camp where I am horrified by this on a football board. That way people will think I'm compassionate and thoughtful. Meanwhile EVERY PERSON IN THE WORLD THINKS THE SAME GOD DAMN THING. So go do something out out it rather than make message board or Facebook statements and call it a day.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Marquis de Sade said there is no such thing as a selfless act....these people are actually getting pleasure out of this like they are some bright shining star in a dark world.