Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The reason Joey Thomas hates UW

13»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sounds like he was a weak-minded quitter who blamed others for his inability to make it. Definitely somebody our coaches should be groveling at the feet of for a slightly better shot at one recruit.

No one ever said this. You guys are being defeatist by saying "Fuck Joey Thomas let's not even try to mend the relationship and just give up on recruiting his players". Of course Joey Thomas is a petty asshole. Unfortunately that petty asshole sits on some good croots that we want and we should at least try to get on his good side. No one said that we should be blowing him for a chance at one player. But if you don't think it's important to build good relationships with coaches at major local high schools I'd like to hear your reasoning for it...
    There's no point in building relationships with dirty, corrupt coaches who's programs are castles built on quicksand. That's suicidal and Pete is wise to steer wide and clear of it. We're talking about the entire UW program versus a petty coach with a chip on his shoulder who isn't wise enough to discern between a coach and the institution as he bears his grudge. I'm sure he clapped loudly when Tyrone was hired, and you all know it's true.

You guys are so fucking stupid.

Just look at Bryce Sterk vs. Joey Thomas. Same shit, different coaches.

We got desperate and offered a local guy we thought probably didn't have enough talent and took him. In Thomas' case it was probably more nefarious because we were using him to help with Paul Arnold.

With Thomas, as soon as he got here and recruiting picked up we SHIT ALL OVER HIM. They told him he sucked. They told him they wanted him to quit. They told him he wasn't good enough. That he was a disgrace, etc. They didn't try to find another place for him, they just completely tried to make him quit. They used to not acknowledge him at practice, they wouldn't let him take reps and were like 'we don't let scrubs get reps' - if you don't like it, you know what to do.

With Sterk, they gave him a shot and when it became clear he wasn't going to play they went to him and asked if he wanted to play (because it didn't look like he was going to here). If he did, they would try to find him a fit at a school where he would play and be valued.

I wonder which approach works better in the long term... hmmm...

And you shit bags think Joey Thomas is just a bitter guy who quit. You are all fucking morons if you think Joey doesn't have a right to be pissed. And you are all fucking morons if you think we should've treated Sterk that way.

EDIT - look I think Joey's bullshit is fucking tired, but only fucking morons just take one opinion on someone and let that override all their critical thinking about that person. Fucking hell. I feel like I'm talking to fucking 7 year olds 'NOT EVERYONE IS ALL GOOD OR BAD' - but what the fuck do I expect in a culture where all our most popular movies are fucking superhero fagfests that people take seriously?

FUCK OUR SOCIETY.

But what speed is he, DDY?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sounds like he was a weak-minded quitter who blamed others for his inability to make it. Definitely somebody our coaches should be groveling at the feet of for a slightly better shot at one recruit.

No one ever said this. You guys are being defeatist by saying "Fuck Joey Thomas let's not even try to mend the relationship and just give up on recruiting his players". Of course Joey Thomas is a petty asshole. Unfortunately that petty asshole sits on some good croots that we want and we should at least try to get on his good side. No one said that we should be blowing him for a chance at one player. But if you don't think it's important to build good relationships with coaches at major local high schools I'd like to hear your reasoning for it...
    There's no point in building relationships with dirty, corrupt coaches who's programs are castles built on quicksand. That's suicidal and Pete is wise to steer wide and clear of it. We're talking about the entire UW program versus a petty coach with a chip on his shoulder who isn't wise enough to discern between a coach and the institution as he bears his grudge. I'm sure he clapped loudly when Tyrone was hired, and you all know it's true.
    Huh? Who cares if he's dirty, corrupt, and his program is built on quicksand (I have no idea if any of that is even close to true, but I'm all for blindly assuming that it is). Whatever it takes to get Smalls, you do it. We get to do the fun part of saying fuck "Joey Thomas!", while Pete gets to do the unglamorous work of actually dealing with that diva.
    If these kids are dumb enough to take the unaccomplished Thomas's word over the extremely accomplished (some say "Elite") Pete's, WDWTA.