Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2019 Recruiting Bored (Updated 9/27/18)

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

I have created a table in Tableau with all known offers outstanding, per Rivals and 24/7. I grouped them by projected position for the Huskies, based on common sense. I included the three verbal commitments as well. There was one QB/Athlete that I removed from the list since he seems intent on playing QB and UW is done at that position.

2019 Offers and Verbals by Projected Position (Sorted by 247 Composite Grade

How much free time do you have on hand?
    A significant amount. It is good to be comfortably retired.
    I thought you were doing a school project lol
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

I have created a table in Tableau with all known offers outstanding, per Rivals and 24/7. I grouped them by projected position for the Huskies, based on common sense. I included the three verbal commitments as well. There was one QB/Athlete that I removed from the list since he seems intent on playing QB and UW is done at that position.

This is bullshit, by the way. I am currently unemployed between jobs and am literally in my basement.
    Should have read farther or even further
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

This is bullshit, by the way. I am currently unemployed between jobs and am literally in my basement.
    Should have read farther or even further
    Hey man, my basement is pretty nice. And sometimes my wife will even make me pizza rolls. I still have to launder my own sweatpants though. lol
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2018
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Pete really does hate WA
    It almost certainly has to do with evaluation timetables. And UW does have to get in the game earlier with out of state kids, particularly those outside of California and the PNW.

But one does see how it could create the perception of a bias against locals.

The other thing that I find amusing is the fact Petersen likes to make those snarky comments about recruiting star rankings being garbage, yet at least 42 of his 56 early offers are guys that carry 4- or 5-star early rankings. And most of the remainder are high 3-stars.
    Who will be this year's Dominique Hampton, low 3 star with high 4 star talent?
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Pete really does hate WA
    It almost certainly has to do with evaluation timetables. And UW does have to get in the game earlier with out of state kids, particularly those outside of California and the PNW.

The other thing that I find amusing is the fact Petersen likes to make those snarky comments about recruiting star rankings being garbage, yet at least 42 of his 56 early offers are guys that carry 4- or 5-star early rankings. And most of the remainder are high 3-stars.
    Who will be this year's Dominique Hampton, low 3 star with high 4 star talent?
    It's gonna be someone we haven't offered yet. Maybe Elder? I dont know about 4 star, but he certainly seems under recruited.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Pete really does hate WA

Pete is full of shit on recruiting rankings. He had to be at Boise state and when you form an attitude that hard and publicly mock the obvious truth, it's hard to turn that shit around even when it is clear that you are wrong. You won't have to crane your neck in our society to see examples of this everywhere.

If every college coach could have their first choice there would only be like 100 players selected total.

There's a difference between there being a strong correlation between rankings and performance and a PERFECT correlation and Pete is as guilty as anyone at trying to poison our society with the notion than a non-perfect correlation is basically the same thing as no correlation.

When "my friend" was banging Carol Shaeffer and her 38DDD boobs after school in 9th grade, it seemed a compelling argument that this was the optimal choice and boob size was the only TRUE important criteria upon which conquests could or should be measured.

Until small-boobed (but way hotter) Bridget Perry gave a wink, then everyone was fucking falling all over themselves to learn the words to Bon Jovi songs and buy her pizza pockets.

FLAG ME FUCK YOU.

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Pete really does hate WA

Pete is full of shit on recruiting rankings. He had to be at Boise state and when you form an attitude that hard and publicly mock the obvious truth, it's hard to turn that shit around even when it is clear that you are wrong. You won't have to crane your neck in our society to see examples of this everywhere.

If every college coach could have their first choice there would only be like 100 players selected total.

There's a difference between there being a strong correlation between rankings and performance and a PERFECT correlation and Pete is as guilty as anyone at trying to poison our society with the notion than a non-perfect correlation is basically the same thing as no correlation.

When "my friend" was banging Carol Shaeffer and her 38DDD boobs after school in 9th grade, it seemed a compelling argument that this was the optimal choice and boob size was the only TRUE important criteria upon which conquests could or should be measured.

Until small-boobed (but way hotter) Bridget Perry gave a wink, then everyone was fucking falling all over themselves to learn the words to Bon Jovi songs and buy her pizza pockets.

FLAG ME FUCK YOU.
    Had to be done

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Pete really does hate WA

The top 1% or so of players are so easy to identify even Eklund could do it. I do give Petersen some real credit for being able to identify and project long term potential a lot better than most coaches.

But the narrative that recruiting rankings are meaningless is reflexive BS.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Pete really does hate WA

The top 1% or so of players are so easy to identify even Eklund could do it. I do give Petersen some real credit for being able to identify and project long term potential a lot better than most coaches.

There's definitely plenty of "noise" in the data and unseen variables but the correlation is there.

Heh, this stuff is way more reliable than economic data I do work with and we make way more important decisions based on that.

Recruiting rankings >>> The dismal science
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

I though u were still flying shit around. Make more dawg sense now that u in ur basement now
    You might be mixing me up with somebody else. I haven't flown much since Archangel retired after Iran-Contra.
    It is hard with multiple posters gender identifying as attack helicopters.
    Totally.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

haie said:

Did we tell his hs coach to fuck off yet?

Not everyone kicks ass like @jamesosborne1959
    I'd like to see this get more use around here.

AIRWOLF said:

Pete really does hate WASHINGTON, dammit

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Pete really does hate WA

There's definitely plenty of "noise" in the data and unseen variables but the correlation is there.

Heh, this stuff is way more reliable than economic data I do work with and we make way more important decisions based on that.

Recruiting rankings >>> The dismal science
    I'll take recruiting rankings over the official index of leading economic indicators all day, every day.