Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The event previously known as "Junior Day"

Per Eklund, there will be no more "Junior Day", mainly due to the fact that they can't invite every high school player in the state. This leads to entitled little 2-star, d-II bound brats and their coaches getting their feelings hurt.

The plan is instead to have multiple weekends where they focus on bringing in a handful of recruits they are zeroing in on.

Good move IMO, if true (considering the source)

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Per Eklund, there will be no more "Junior Day", mainly due to the fact that they can't invite every high school player in the state. This leads to entitled little 2-star, d-II bound brats and their coaches getting their feelings hurt.

The plan is instead to have multiple weekends where they focus on bringing in a handful of recruits they are zeroing in on.

Good move IMO, if true (considering the source)

Damn, this won’t give next years Malik Putny the opportunity to convince himself he is good enough for UW and sit around all year and tweet about how he is being overlooked before he ends up committing to Montana State or Eastern. Sad!
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I think that everyone should get a scholarship

Build bridges not walls

I'm not sure what parallel you are getting at. I agree that we should build bridges and not walls. In this scenario though the arena of competition and what it stands for would be ruined if everyone was granted a scholarship just because.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Build bridges not walls

I'm not sure what parallel you are getting at. I agree that we should build bridges and not walls. In this scenario though the arena of competition and what it stands for would be ruined if everyone was granted a scholarship just because.
    It was a joke. Don't over think it. But if you want to, America is the arena of competition. Not everyone qualifies for membership just because.
  • Options

Gwad said:

Build bridges not walls

It was a joke. Don't over think it. But if you want to, America is the arena of competition. Not everyone qualifies for membership just because.
    You do know these are not the principles America was founded on?
  • Options

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Build bridges not walls

IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

Move along.
    I thought 'but if you want to' was an invite to think. :smilingpoopemoji:
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This was almost a thread about recruiting in the slowest part of the year. Now this thread has AIDS. Not Magic Johnson AIDS but Andrew Beckett, Ryan White AIDS. Thank you God! I mean Gwad, you fuck. Lighten up.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Build bridges not walls

IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

Move along.
  • Options
    Sorry guys guess I lost my composure.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Build bridges not walls

IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

Move along.
    But was it a joke?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Build bridges not walls

IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

Move along.
    Bored motto?
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Build bridges not walls

Disagree!

--- D. Trump
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108