Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He's a little more quick-twitch than Justus Legg, but he's still kind of meh. Let's hope he has a similar improvement in his senior season as Dom Hampton, since this is probably the only buck we have a legit shot with that we've offered so far.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

He's a little more quick-twitch than Justus Legg, but he's still kind of meh. Let's hope he has a similar improvement in his senior season as Dom Hampton, since this is probably the only buck we have a legit shot with that we've offered so far.

Yeah, Legg has a bigger frame too. We should just offer Legg and get it over with. It's not like we couldn't deal with having a Liu-level OLB guy in a class.

If we offer him and get him in the boat early, we can swing away on all the guys we won't get like Jeremiah Martin and this time when A&M pays whomever we want's mom at the last minute we will actually have a player to put out at OLB rather than a walk-on.
    I agree with the premise/strategy, but I find it hard to get excited about Legg. Even Alishawuan Taylor has better highlights.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did we tell his hs coach to fuck off yet?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter

Yeah, Legg has a bigger frame too. We should just offer Legg and get it over with. It's not like we couldn't deal with having a Liu-level OLB guy in a class.

If we offer him and get him in the boat early, we can swing away on all the guys we won't get like Jeremiah Martin and this time when A&M pays whomever we want's mom at the last minute we will actually have a player to put out at OLB rather than a walk-on.
    I agree with the premise/strategy, but I find it hard to get excited about Legg. Even Alishawuan Taylor has better highlights.
    Legg may be this year's version of Jared Goldwire or kid-from-Aberdeen-who-transferred-to-IMG.

5-star as a sophomore, 2 star as a senior
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Legg may be this year's version of Jared Goldwire or kid-from-Aberdeen-who-transferred-to-IMG.

Yeah I was underwhelmed by his junior highlights as well. Legg is a weird kid because his sophomore highlights showed a lot of promise, so you have to wonder what happened.

AJ Vonphachanh from the Tri Cities is another guy I would consider offering, but looks more like a SAM.

I might say fuck it and go with Orin Patu (from Sheldon in Eugene), although he's going to need to put on 50 pounds.

The clear issue is that we just need to make sure we don't whiff.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter

Yeah I was underwhelmed by his junior highlights as well. Legg is a weird kid because his sophomore highlights showed a lot of promise, so you have to wonder what happened.

AJ Vonphachanh from the Tri Cities is another guy I would consider offering, but looks more like a SAM.

I might say fuck it and go with Orin Patu (from Sheldon in Eugene), although he's going to need to put on 50 pounds.

The clear issue is that we just need to make sure we don't whiff.
    I don't think we whiff this year. With Jimmy Lake at DC, I'd imagine he will be the primary recruiter for all our big time guys on D. Ideally, Harris, who I think will be awesome pulls in some big DBs early. Malloe, with his newfound confidence, gets his guys and doesn't need babysitting. This allows Lake to zero in on some big name OLB/Buck targets.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Seems like a pretty even spilt on Lake. DC = retention and elevated to top defensive recruiter.

Jimmy doesn’t whiff.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

DawgFader said:

Seems like a pretty even spilt on Lake. DC = retention and elevated to top defensive recruiter.

Jimmy doesn’t whiff.

I am proud of our optimism, but it is not at all clear to me we will be able to convert on BUCKs. The #1 factor in recruiting is a position coach's influence. Unless Jimmy starts to coach BUCKs, I think we could easily see a situation in which we get a lot of people on the hook, but ultimately our Jimmy-hand-off-to-Kwat strategy goes well up front, but fails on key guys.

It's an empirical question and I'm interested in whether it's going to work or not. I just don't think it's the same situation as him recruiting his own position.
    Agree on this 100%.

That being said, we've seen Pete (the HC not the former DC) have some success closing kids that their position coaches were never going to close (Sirmon/Morris at QB, Kaho at OLB). Perhaps Lake can keep us in the running at BUCK and the Pete/Lake combo can close them without a ton of assistance from Kwat. That's my hope anyway.

But there's no reason to be confident in that strategy yet, it's definitely a risk.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

DawgFader said:

Jimmy doesn’t whiff.

I am proud of our optimism, but it is not at all clear to me we will be able to convert on BUCKs. The #1 factor in recruiting is a position coach's influence. Unless Jimmy starts to coach BUCKs, I think we could easily see a situation in which we get a lot of people on the hook, but ultimately our Jimmy-hand-off-to-Kwat strategy goes well up front, but fails on key guys.

It's an empirical question and I'm interested in whether it's going to work or not. I just don't think it's the same situation as him recruiting his own position.
    If Jimmy is a Power 5 HC canandite in a few years. Part of that is being able to connect with all potential recruits and close.

If not breakout the DOOMED.gif
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam

Naw fuck that all ya low expectations bitches. No balls is getting paid 7 figures now the DC of a legit top 10 team. His ass better get us some fast twitch bucks. No excuses, his family gets to stay in Seattle and he is flushed with cash. I want some big, fast, and black bucks.

"Flush" "Paper" you honkey ass motherfucker.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Will be here this weekend. Not much to say about him, but I mentioned the other guys that were going to be here so figured might as well give this a note.