Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which Huskies were you not excited about that actually panned out?

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Keith Price sucked if your standard is winning conference titles or being in the national picture

A in his prime Keith Price would have beat Penn State, ASU, and Stanford this year as well as USC last year with this team.
    More shit Doogs think for $400 Alex.

Like Browning, Price was a paper tiger.
    Browning sucks but he still beats the shit out of the Cougs every year.
    What about Price???
    chuck said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Keith Price sucked if your standard is winning conference titles or being in the national picture

A in his prime Keith Price would have beat Penn State, ASU, and Stanford this year as well as USC last year with this team.

Wrong. Price had one real good year on paper.

He was a little guy with average mobility, a decent arm, and no pass protection. Ive never seen a QB have to peel himself off the turf more than Price. He played hurt and with the knowledge that he was guaranteed to get hurt more...not every season or every game but virtually every play. Played his ass off too.

It's doogish but I also believe both 2016 and 2017 UW teams would end up with single losses (playoffs or NC game) with someone as good and tough as Price at QB. He was better than Browning with a far worse surrounding cast and better competition.
    You are correct... It's Doogish to think that.

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

IE: Falk, Halliday, Gesser, Brink, Leaf...surely I am leaving a few out.
    We aren't comparing to the Cougs you dumb fuck.

We're talking about the Doog who says that they get to a Natty with Price at QB.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

IE: Falk, Halliday, Gesser, Brink, Leaf...surely I am leaving a few out.
    We aren't comparing to the Cougs you dumb fuck.

We're talking about the Doog who says that they get to a Natty with Price at QB.
    Just because it’s doogish doesn’t make it wrong. Allegedly.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    again i'm pretty sure only 2011 price is being discussed and we can put to sleep any discussion that isn't centered around that version of him.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Pathon was a late 'transfer' pick up from a province the size of kent that Nobody was excited about in a 14-member class. Id say a top 10 choice easy. I told steel 2 'why are we wasting a schollie on this chimp?'. Didnt take long to see why and Lambo's genius. One of best UW classes of 90's and smallest. Saved Huard as 5-8 whitey's were all he had to throw to aside from late bloomer Flash Freddy
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Pathon was a late 'transfer' pick up from a province the size of kent that Nobody was excited about in a 14-member class. Id say a top 10 choice easy. I told steel 2 'why are we wasting a schollie on this chimp?'. Didnt take long to see why and Lambo's genius. One of best UW classes of 90's and smallest. Saved Huard as 5-8 whitey's were all he had to throw to aside from late bloomer Flash Freddy

Chimpressive
    Gladstone said:

again i'm pretty sure only 2011 price is being discussed and we can put to sleep any discussion that isn't centered around that version of him.

#doogitup
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Gladstone said:

#doogitup
    Price fuck your girlfriend or something?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,659
    Alexis said:

Stan Empterman. He was only a 2 star. (Obligatory)

Technically - a 1.67 star but he rode in on a John Deere so we round up.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Wrong. Unlike Browning, Price was never revered by anyone outside of a few pundits who were impressed with his sophomore year numbers.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

FREE PUB!
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2018
    I generally hate the players so once I hate a player it's hard for me to un-hate them...

On the current team Jordan Miller is a really pleasant surprise. Looks like an alien and got lit up by Brownshorts in the last game Jake ever played that meant something to Jake. From San Diego? Lightly recruited? It's not a recipe for success... but fuck if he doesn't look damn good.

Princeton Fuimaono is a guy who I thought was a really good player for us. The Sark stench is skrong, but he was good.

Really impressed by Bull Johnson all around.

@SonnyShackelford was a lot better than I expected him to be (given that I expected a kid named Sonny from Bev Hills High to be worthless).

I thought Elliot Silvers would be a bag of trash, but he ended up being good and that was fun to the extent that rooting for a prematurely balding black guy named Elliot can be fun.

I was honestly shocked by how good David Richie was before he got injured. He was tearing people the fuck up. And he was a 6-5, 230 kid from fucking Kelso. Never liked the fact that we had a guy named David Richie and a guy named Richie Chambers.

It was also pretty surprising to me how good our OLBers in 91 were. I'm not sure I expected Andy Mason and Donald Jones to do anything interesting. Turns out they were good.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Don James. James was a convenient hire for Mike Lude since they previously worked together at Kent State.

That said, it was clear from James's game 1 (1975) at Arizona State - a 35-12 loss in the desert -- that UW was a well-coached team, and that James was a solid game planner and game day coach.

Race was there