Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Guns or Liberty?

Comments

• BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Blackie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

doogie said:

Seems to me, these attacks are over in a matter of a few minutes. Without armed support in the schools themselves, or the threat a school “ could” have armed support ( as compared with a badge proudly proclaiming THIS school is unprotected) not sure what the detectors would accomplish.

How about a badge proudly warning: THIS school has Trained Marshall’s on site who MAY be armed.

Well, if the fuckers can't get the guns in the schools, it's kind of hard to shoot up the fucking school, don't you think?

The obvious question is how do you implement in such a way that the metal detectors actually prevent someone who is packing from just pulling the gun out and saying "let me through the detectors or I shoot"? I suppose there's a way that if there's a metal detector breach at some sort of pre school entrance then it locks down the school automatically but that's some serious technological infrastructure to add, which brings us back to funding. Also makes it feel like you're dropping your kids off at prison everyday, but yeah.

I think we'll chinevitably end up there, just not sure how soon.

And once schools are off the top of the "shoot up the world" list I assume these fuckers will move on to the next chinstitution. Churches? Chinstitutions of Higher Discussion, er Learning?

Fixing the school problem is important, but probably just a bandaid.
    I'm more about 'doing something' than perpetually wringing our hands. The same shit that was in place in 1983 is still in place today. Save maybe some bump-stock laws. Woo-hoo. Awesome work.

Every high school in this country could ax one administrator and pay for a metal detector. EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM.

If somebody has a better idea on what to do RIGHT NOW - fire away (no pun intended). But we (?) will continue to dick around and do nothing and more kids will get shot at every single week.

EIGHTEEN shootings in 6 weeks so far this year.

I'm not saying the metal detectors would cost too much, just saying the tech to lock the entire school down if there's a metal detector breach would be cost preventative. And without that tech, schools remain the primary target, it means shooters have to wait until everyone is in their classrooms, then make their entrance by taking out the one or two people watching the metal detectors.

But having the detectors in place at least chincreases the degree of difficulty, which I'm all for.
    If you're serious about eliminating the threat at schools as much as possible (and you're not removing every last gun in existence because duh that's never happening), you lock down every school. Entry is only gained through entrances with some metal detectors or similar and armed security at those entrances. All other doors are exit-only. Granted, you create a target-rich environment at the line of kids waiting to get into the school.

Banning --enter scary looking type of gun here--, limiting magazine size, requiring full background/mental illness checks for gun purchases, increasing waiting periods, whatever other feel-good criteria that suits your virtue-signalling fancy is not going to stop the attacks.
    Are sub 18 year old people the only ones that matter?

Roseburg was a college. Do we metal detect colleges too? I'm sure ASU and their 90k+ students would love that fiasco.

Vegas was an outdoor concert. The church shootings, San Bernadino was an office party, etc. etc.

The gun nuts and NRA are fighting a losing battle like with civil rights. The younger generations have less and less to do with guns in a recreational/hunting sense and see them more as WMD's. They've had two decades to come up with a sensible plan that benefits all parties involved and instead they've taken the Sledoog double down retard approach. The Boomers are all gone in ten years and the crazy right wing goes with it.
    Of course they're not. But for the most part, teh childrenz is what everyone reacts to. Your other examples demonstrate how it's virtually impossible to make us safe from people wanting to cause us harm on a day-to-day basis. You can mitigate certain situations, but you're not going to stop these things.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Why were there less shootings in the 80's and 90's?

Because parents didn't raise kids to be their buddies back then as much as they do now.
    Dumb.
    You raise your kids to be your Buddies just so someone will pretend to listen to the fake academis that spews like diarrhea from your orifice.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Seems to me, these attacks are over in a matter of a few minutes. Without armed support in the schools themselves, or the threat a school “ could” have armed support ( as compared with a badge proudly proclaiming THIS school is unprotected) not sure what the detectors would accomplish.

How about a badge proudly warning: THIS school has Trained Marshall’s on site who MAY be armed.

I don't know if you've noticed. But the people that do this shit are not mentally there. They don't give a shit what any sign says.
    I'll say this one more time: It's not likely to prevent shootings, but is very likely to limit the damage and save lives. If you don't get it by now, you never will.
    Just like better background checks and limiting magazine size would reduce the number of deaths.
    Bullshit. Better record keeping and entry is the problem with background checks. They are being done. Trump has already set things in motion to improve the system. You ask for a policy the Florida kid passed the background check. The Texas church shooter passed the background check because the military didn't report his domestic violence conviction and other charges that he was court marshaled for and he received a dishonorable discharge. Fortunately he was stopped by an NRA member with an AR15! Odd none of these shooters are NRA members ain't it? That group of citizens everyone blames? Even odder 90 plus percent are lefties......

When direct phone call s to the premier law enforcement agency in the country telling them a person may be a school shooter, had posted that content online and that person had also called the FBI who didn't do anything about either call didn't work just what exactly do you think will? Nothing you propose would prevent anything. But since prevention is not the lefts goal here you are!

Here read this as you obviously didn't when posted on another thread.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

Try this one too written by someone on your side:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.d677f5fd2e7b

Your aim is confiscation. You don't want a solution other than confiscation. That is the lefts goal. They have said so. The left fears armed citizens because of what the left really want to do to this country. Ask Nancy she'll tell you. "If the ends justify the means"....

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

A few quotes from the brightest men.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
    - George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 12 June 1823

"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence ... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
    - George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

You know what the Founding Father's excelled at? Making compromises - that's what! The entire document is one big long set of compromises.

We? don't want to take away all yer Guns. We? want the militia to be well regulated. At the moment, it is not. This 2nd amendment absolutism is going to doom your rights for generations to come if no compromise is made.
    I guess you missed the Heller decision by the supreme court?
    Time's change and courts evolve. The SCOTUS also ruled in the 1930's that the Feds could tax Thompson Sub Machine Guns out of existence.
    The Heller decision was a few years ago. The constitution is not to be reinterpreted. It's meant as it's written. It is not an evolving doctrine.
    So if I like my slaves, I can keep them?
    Funny story, I did my ancestor thing earlier this month and I traced us back pre-America to Virginia so, we aren't immigrants, we are founders, and we owned a fuck ton of slaves. I found some of the county records of farms and registered slaves on them. We had them in Viginia, we had 640 acres and 21 slaves in Tennessee, etc.

Having said that, my great great great grandpa who owned those 21 slaves had one son who fought for the Union, so there you have it. Not racist!
    Or maybe the kid was a spy for the Confederacy.

Still racist. Pay your reparations.

The Throbber's ancestors were non-slave owning irish mick laborers. Send me some money, too. Bitcoin. Encrypted. No trace.

TIA

OR NMTE someone on the Confed side should have been a better shot to save us from the Mosstard Diatribes.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

I don't know if you've noticed. But the people that do this shit are not mentally there. They don't give a shit what any sign says.
    I'll say this one more time: It's not likely to prevent shootings, but is very likely to limit the damage and save lives. If you don't get it by now, you never will.
    Just like better background checks and limiting magazine size would reduce the number of deaths.
    Bullshit. Better record keeping and entry is the problem with background checks. They are being done. Trump has already set things in motion to improve the system. You ask for a policy the Florida kid passed the background check. The Texas church shooter passed the background check because the military didn't report his domestic violence conviction and other charges that he was court marshaled for and he received a dishonorable discharge. Fortunately he was stopped by an NRA member with an AR15! Odd none of these shooters are NRA members ain't it? That group of citizens everyone blames? Even odder 90 plus percent are lefties......

When direct phone call s to the premier law enforcement agency in the country telling them a person may be a school shooter, had posted that content online and that person had also called the FBI who didn't do anything about either call didn't work just what exactly do you think will? Nothing you propose would prevent anything. But since prevention is not the lefts goal here you are!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.d677f5fd2e7b

Your aim is confiscation. You don't want a solution other than confiscation. That is the lefts goal. They have said so. The left fears armed citizens because of what the left really want to do to this country. Ask Nancy she'll tell you. "If the ends justify the means"....
    It's amazing your leap from better background checks to confiscation. And you showed two examples where the background failed, adding support for my position.

Here's the thing you gun nuts need to understand. If you continue your do nothing approach, the public will support confiscation.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

A few quotes from the brightest men.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
    - George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 12 June 1823

"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence ... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
    - George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

You know what the Founding Father's excelled at? Making compromises - that's what! The entire document is one big long set of compromises.

We? don't want to take away all yer Guns. We? want the militia to be well regulated. At the moment, it is not. This 2nd amendment absolutism is going to doom your rights for generations to come if no compromise is made.
    I guess you missed the Heller decision by the supreme court?
    Time's change and courts evolve. The SCOTUS also ruled in the 1930's that the Feds could tax Thompson Sub Machine Guns out of existence.
    The Heller decision was a few years ago. The constitution is not to be reinterpreted. It's meant as it's written. It is not an evolving doctrine.
    So if I like my slaves, I can keep them?
    Funny story, I did my ancestor thing earlier this month and I traced us back pre-America to Virginia so, we aren't immigrants, we are founders, and we owned a fuck ton of slaves. I found some of the county records of farms and registered slaves on them. We had them in Viginia, we had 640 acres and 21 slaves in Tennessee, etc.

Having said that, my great great great grandpa who owned those 21 slaves had one son who fought for the Union, so there you have it. Not racist!
    Or maybe the kid was a spy for the Confederacy.

Still racist. Pay your reparations.

The Throbber's ancestors were non-slave owning irish mick laborers. Send me some money, too. Bitcoin. Encrypted. No trace.

TIA

OR NMTE someone on the Confed side should have been a better shot to save us from the Mosstard Diatribes.
    So, in other words....if the Confeds had their reads down better....

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2018
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Here’s what the Florida Teacher of he Year has to say about it

Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.

Until we, as a country, are willing to get serious and talk about mental health issues, lack of available care for the mental health issues, lack of discipline in the home, horrendous lack of parental support when the schools are trying to control horrible behavior at school (oh no! Not MY KID. What did YOU do to cause my kid to react that way?), lack of moral values, and yes, I’ll say it-violent video games that take away all sensitivity to ANY compassion for others’ lives, as well as reality TV that makes it commonplace for people to constantly scream up in each others’ faces and not value any other person but themselves, we will have a gun problem in school. Our kids don’t understand the permanency of death anymore!!!

I grew up with guns. Everyone knows that. But you know what? My parents NEVER supported any bad behavior from me. I was terrified of doing something bad at school, as I would have not had a life until I corrected the problem and straightened my ass out. My parents invaded my life. They knew where I was ALL the time. They made me have a curfew. They made me wake them up when I got home. They made me respect their rules. They had full control of their house, and at any time could and would go through every inch of my bedroom, backpack, pockets, anything! Parents: it’s time to STEP UP! Be the parent that actually gives a crap! Be the annoying mom that pries and knows what your kid is doing. STOP being their friend. They have enough “friends” at school. Be their parent. Being the “cool mom” means not a damn thing when either your kid is dead or your kid kills other people because they were allowed to have their space and privacy in YOUR HOME. I’ll say it again. My home was filled with guns growing up. For God’s sake, my daddy was an 82nd Airborne Ranger who lost half his face serving our country. But you know what? I never dreamed of shooting anyone with his guns. I never dreamed of taking one! I was taught respect for human life, compassion, rules, common decency, and most of all, I was taught that until I moved out, my life and bedroom wasn’t mine…it was theirs. And they were going to know what was happening because they loved me and wanted the best for me.

There. Say that I’m a horrible person. I didn’t bring up gun control, and I will refuse to debate it with anyone. This post wasn’t about gun control. This was me, loving the crap out of people and wanting the best for them. This was about my school babies and knowing that God created each one for greatness, and just wanting them to reach their futures. It’s about 20 years ago this year I started my teaching career. Violence was not this bad 20 years ago. Lack of compassion wasn’t this bad 20 years ago. And God knows 20 years ago that I wasn’t afraid daily to call a parent because I KNEW that 9 out of 10 would cuss me out, tell me to go to Hell, call the news on me, call the school board on me, or post all over FaceBook about me because I called to let them know what their child chose to do at school…because they are a NORMAL kid!!!!!

Those 17 lives mattered. When are we going to take our own responsibility seriously?

What happens when they see your and sledog posts on here and determines you mentally unfit to possess a fun. And take your guns away. How do you feel about mental health then?

BTW, she's wrong on violent crime 20 years ago and she's a pussy if she can't handle a parent that's pissed because she's a bitch.
    Hondo has gone full libtard. Little chance of that Hondo. I'm good in all 50 states. Of course since I disagree with a liberal I must be crazy. Surprised you didn't call me a racist too. Is getting your ass whipped on the boreds really causing you to come unhinged or is it that time of the month? Maybe you forgot to pay your Saul Alinsky fan club dues and they took back your commie decoder ring. Whatever it is get over it, all this vaginal bleeding is gross and hard to look at.
    No. You're just a poorly educated man who selectively reads, a little, about the half-dozen things he cares about.

There are conservatives who, in their sleep, could rip Hondo into smithereens on virtually any topic. You're just not one of them. Your obtuse position on the constitution is a good example of your intellectual limitations. It's not a conservative/liberal matter; it is, rather, a "I know what the fuck I'm talking about" matter. You don't.

Perhaps the most telling example of who you are is your use of the world champion pistol shooter as a counter-argument to people asking legitimate questions about the availability of weapons that do a lot of work in a short period of time. Talk about missing the fucking point.

Don't twist. I like you. You're just really fucking stupid.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Why were there less shootings in the 80's and 90's?

Because parents didn't raise kids to be their buddies back then as much as they do now.
    Dumb.
    You raise your kids to be your Buddies just so someone will pretend to listen to the fake academis that spews like diarrhea from your orifice.

Dumb.
    edited February 2018
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

It's amazing your leap from better background checks to confiscation. And you showed two examples where the background failed, adding support for my position.

Here's the thing you gun nuts need to understand. If you continue your do nothing approach, the public will support confiscation.
    The public will not. Will you be going out to take them away? Just askin' for a fren.

Will you be a goon squad member?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/liberals-dont-understand-serious-attempt-gun-confiscation-lead-civil-war/

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.

Until we, as a country, are willing to get serious and talk about mental health issues, lack of available care for the mental health issues, lack of discipline in the home, horrendous lack of parental support when the schools are trying to control horrible behavior at school (oh no! Not MY KID. What did YOU do to cause my kid to react that way?), lack of moral values, and yes, I’ll say it-violent video games that take away all sensitivity to ANY compassion for others’ lives, as well as reality TV that makes it commonplace for people to constantly scream up in each others’ faces and not value any other person but themselves, we will have a gun problem in school. Our kids don’t understand the permanency of death anymore!!!

I grew up with guns. Everyone knows that. But you know what? My parents NEVER supported any bad behavior from me. I was terrified of doing something bad at school, as I would have not had a life until I corrected the problem and straightened my ass out. My parents invaded my life. They knew where I was ALL the time. They made me have a curfew. They made me wake them up when I got home. They made me respect their rules. They had full control of their house, and at any time could and would go through every inch of my bedroom, backpack, pockets, anything! Parents: it’s time to STEP UP! Be the parent that actually gives a crap! Be the annoying mom that pries and knows what your kid is doing. STOP being their friend. They have enough “friends” at school. Be their parent. Being the “cool mom” means not a damn thing when either your kid is dead or your kid kills other people because they were allowed to have their space and privacy in YOUR HOME. I’ll say it again. My home was filled with guns growing up. For God’s sake, my daddy was an 82nd Airborne Ranger who lost half his face serving our country. But you know what? I never dreamed of shooting anyone with his guns. I never dreamed of taking one! I was taught respect for human life, compassion, rules, common decency, and most of all, I was taught that until I moved out, my life and bedroom wasn’t mine…it was theirs. And they were going to know what was happening because they loved me and wanted the best for me.

There. Say that I’m a horrible person. I didn’t bring up gun control, and I will refuse to debate it with anyone. This post wasn’t about gun control. This was me, loving the crap out of people and wanting the best for them. This was about my school babies and knowing that God created each one for greatness, and just wanting them to reach their futures. It’s about 20 years ago this year I started my teaching career. Violence was not this bad 20 years ago. Lack of compassion wasn’t this bad 20 years ago. And God knows 20 years ago that I wasn’t afraid daily to call a parent because I KNEW that 9 out of 10 would cuss me out, tell me to go to Hell, call the news on me, call the school board on me, or post all over FaceBook about me because I called to let them know what their child chose to do at school…because they are a NORMAL kid!!!!!

Those 17 lives mattered. When are we going to take our own responsibility seriously?

What happens when they see your and sledog posts on here and determines you mentally unfit to possess a fun. And take your guns away. How do you feel about mental health then?

BTW, she's wrong on violent crime 20 years ago and she's a pussy if she can't handle a parent that's pissed because she's a bitch.
    Hondo has gone full libtard. Little chance of that Hondo. I'm good in all 50 states. Of course since I disagree with a liberal I must be crazy. Surprised you didn't call me a racist too. Is getting your ass whipped on the boreds really causing you to come unhinged or is it that time of the month? Maybe you forgot to pay your Saul Alinsky fan club dues and they took back your commie decoder ring. Whatever it is get over it, all this vaginal bleeding is gross and hard to look at.
    No. You're just a poorly educated man who selectively reads, a little, about the half-dozen things he cares about.

There are conservatives who, in their sleep, could rip Hondo into smithereens on virtually any topic. You're just not one of them. Your obtuse position on the constitution is a good example of your intellectual limitations. It's not a conservative/liberal matter; it is, rather, a "I know what the fuck I'm talking about" matter. You don't.

Perhaps the most telling example of who you are is your use of the world champion pistol shooter as a counter-argument to people asking legitimate questions about the availability of weapons that do a lot of work in a short period of time. Talk about missing the fucking point.

Coming from a box of rocks I'll take that as a complement. I was a world champion rifle shooter as well using the type of rifles we are talking about. You've just swallowed way to much leftist bullshit.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Here is some reality;

I grew up in about as remote of a place as possible in the US. I'm almost 35 years old. Everyone owned guns, multiple guns. Ever people that didn't care about guns owned guns. There were still gun nuts/hoarders. I was way into gun. I knew every type of gun out there and the specs on it.

I saw two "assault rifles" in someone's possession my whole upbringing shooting guns on almost a daily basis. No one owned them. Why would they? They are fucking useless to the common man. They aren't nearly as accurate as a bolt gun unless you add so much shit to them they weight 10+lbs. They are useless for hunting birds. The home protection thing is a joke. Give me a Mossberg 590 in close quarters with a normal 8 shot quail load every time. If I miss you lose a limb at best. Then of course a revolver for a side arm. They don't fail. A small number of assault rifles were at gun shows and that was it.

Fast forward to today and all those broke loggers have more money in their gun safes than they do in everything else they have combined. I say gun safes because most have more than one. Your kid eats free and reduced lunched but you have two Liberty Fat Boys and you tell me you can't afford to go buy a drink?

I ask them what the fuck they need all these crazy ass guns for and they tell me it's because Obama was going to take their guns away. No one needed or much cared for an AR twenty five years ago now ever mother fucker with a GED and a bad job needs one for every member of the family? Grandstanding about freedom so you can go shoot cans? They use their bolt guns and shotguns to hunt still, like normal people.

Fox News got too good at scaring stupid white people. That's the long and short of this. Now there are WMD's on every corner and people are using them. Why wouldn't they? You give out opiods like Pez and people abuse them. The same goes for death machines with 50 round magazines.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

The public will not. Will you be going out to take them away? Just askin' for a fren.
    http://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

I personally don't want any confiscation. But you keep thinking I do.
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Coming from a box of rocks I'll take that as a complement. I was a world champion rifle shooter as well using the type of rifles we are talking about. You've just swallowed way to much leftist bullshit.
    Exhibit Z-10002-a20-489372.

- even if a box of rocks calls you a dumb fuck, it still means you're being called a dumb fuck. dumb fuck.

- nobody every said you don't know your guns. that wasn't, at all, the point. surprise.
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

You push the lefts agenda. That is the lefts agenda. Confiscation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzDO86iSKWU
    Mosster47 said:

Here is some reality;

I grew up in about as remote of a place as possible in the US. I'm almost 35 years old. Everyone owned guns, multiple guns. Ever people that didn't care about guns owned guns. There were still gun nuts/hoarders. I was way into gun. I knew every type of gun out there and the specs on it.

I saw two "assault rifles" in someone's possession my whole upbringing shooting guns on almost a daily basis. No one owned them. Why would they? They are fucking useless to the common man. They aren't nearly as accurate as a bolt gun unless you add so much shit to them they weight 10+lbs. They are useless for hunting birds. The home protection thing is a joke. Give me a Mossberg 590 in close quarters with a normal 8 shot quail load every time. If I miss you lose a limb at best. Then of course a revolver for a side arm. They don't fail. A small number of assault rifles were at gun shows and that was it.

Fast forward to today and all those broke loggers have more money in their gun safes than they do in everything else they have combined. I say gun safes because most have more than one. Your kid eats free and reduced lunched but you have two Liberty Fat Boys and you tell me you can't afford to go buy a drink?

I ask them what the fuck they need all these crazy ass guns for and they tell me it's because Obama was going to take their guns away. No one needed or much cared for an AR twenty five years ago now ever mother fucker with a GED and a bad job needs one for every member of the family? Grandstanding about freedom so you can go shoot cans? They use their bolt guns and shotguns to hunt still, like normal people.

Fox News got too good at scaring stupid white people. That's the long and short of this. Now there are WMD's on every corner and people are using them. Why wouldn't they? You give out opiods like Pez and people abuse them. The same goes for death machines with 50 round magazines.

Well, to be fair on the point, people collect them, especially antique or otherwise rare models.

And, people like to shoot all manner of firearms. You don't need a Dirty Harry .44 to do the job, but people like shooting them, so that's that.

Like anything in life, it's not all about function and rational use. It's a hobby for a lot of people. Nothing at all wrong with that in my view.

If you're going to take on the issue, you need to take it on with some degree of intellectual honesty. Otherwise, you're just sledoggin' for the left.
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

You push the lefts agenda. That is the lefts agenda. Confiscation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzDO86iSKWU
    Generalize much? Exhibit Z-10002-a20-489373.

That's like saying all conservatives support pedos, when everyone knows it's just a good % of the hillbillies in the southeast who think it's ok to have a old man who diddles little girls in the Senate.

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

Here is some reality;

Well, to be fair on the point, people collect them, especially antique or otherwise rare models.

And, people like to shoot all manner of firearms. You don't need a Dirty Harry .44 to do the job, but people like shooting them, so that's that.

Like anything in life, it's not all about function and rational use. It's a hobby for a lot of people. Nothing at all wrong with that in my view.

If you're going to take on the issue, you need to take it on with some degree of intellectual honesty. Otherwise, you're just sledoggin' for the left.
    It's not Sledooging for anything. Dirty Harry is a 6-shot. Antique firearms are hunting rifles or very simple.

Why can't I buy an RPG? Our military uses them. Why can't I easily buy a full automatic? Why can't I buy hand grenades? Why can't I easily buy mass detonating compounds?

You know the fucking answer to this. An AR-15 with dual 50 round clips fits into that group of weapons above like a glove. Collecting isn't going to cut it when the people have had enough and that first "Fuck You, NRA" bill hits the floor.

I love guns and enjoy them, but the mass killings on a weekly basis paints the reality of what happens when you go too far in your freedom free-for-all.

Mosster47 said:

Here is some reality;

Good message.

WRONG MESSENGER.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Beware calling folks obtuse fren. You might get cast down with the sodomites and think you've been fucked by a train.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Beware calling folks obtuse fren. You might get cast down with the sodomites and think you've been fucked by a train.
    Nah, creep will set up a tax shelter and slide.