Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I spent a fair bit of time in Hemet in my youth.

A man has every right defend his castle and a .22 will probably get it done 99% of the time. No AR needed until the Zombie Appocolypse occurs.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A man has every right defend his castle and a .22 will probably get it done 99% of the time. No AR needed until the Zombie Appocolypse occurs.

While most times just the display of a firearm will do but if you want to run with a .22LR it's your life.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2018
    Sledog said:

While most times just the display of a firearm will do but if you want to run with a .22LR it's your life.
    Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying a .22LR pistol is the ideal weapon for home defense. But it can still kill a man plenty dead and has long been popular with hit men has it not? Once I was shooting 00 buck at watermelons in the woods near where @puppylove_sugarsteel resides. Picked up a cheap .22 semi auto pistol in the same session and almost felt that in the middle of the night getting out of bed I'd stand a better chance grabbing a .22 just popping off 10 rounds into a burglar vs getting the scatter gun deployed quickly.

All this said, I am not an expert and probably full of shit here.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The poor intruder was on parole at the time, so obviously Mass Incarceration caused this.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I wish that guy had burglarized that batshit crazy Scientology prison thing they have in Hemet instead. Don't mean to be too anti-religious, but Scientologists are fucking nuts.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

lol

• Options

Sledog said:

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying a .22LR pistol is the ideal weapon for home defense. But it can still kill a man plenty dead and has long been popular with hit men has it not? Once I was shooting 00 buck at watermelons in the woods near where @puppylove_sugarsteel resides. Picked up a cheap .22 semi auto pistol in the same session and almost felt that in the middle of the night getting out of bed I'd stand a better chance grabbing a .22 just popping off 10 rounds into a burglar vs getting the scatter gun deployed quickly.

Rule of thumb is use the largest caliber you can control and hit with. Of course that changes with training and experience.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    da fuq?

Then Von Sagmeister got their .357 magnum and shot the man a number of times.

The suspect, Dechawn Wallace, a 27-year-old Moreno Valley man, eventually escaped but was arrested after he showed up at Riverside University Health System Medical Center in Moreno Valley, where he was treated for several non-life-threatening gunshot wounds, police said.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Rule of thumb is use the largest caliber you can control and hit with. Of course that changes with training and experience.
    So .454 Casull right? .44 Mag is a little light IMO.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Nah. 45ACP 9mm or 40 S&W if you cant use the manly stuff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

It was an attempt at humor. I seem to do best with .357 at a range.
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    I've never shot a gun.

Because I don't live out in the country and I'm not a fucking cowboy.
  • Options

I've never shot a gun.

Just an FYI we used to be known as a nation of riflemen.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

lol

You don't get to comment. They already took your guns away for your own protection.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

The story of how the .40 S&W came into being is pretty chinteresting- i.e., some FBI did end up dead in shootout with bank robbers in 1986. They were still packing .38 revolvers at the time.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

lol

You don't get to comment. They already took your guns away for your own protection.
    Sure. Boating accident, they already took them away. Whatever works for you.

It's cool if you want to pretend you're in charge of the thread, though.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

The story of how the .40 S&W came into being is pretty chinteresting- i.e., some FBI did end up dead in shootout with bank robbers in 1986. They were still packing .38 revolvers at the time.
    They were packing 9mm autos lifted with Winchester 115gr Silvertips IIRC. one of the baddies took on the heart and continued fighting killing 3 FBI agents. The wound was fatal and doctors said they could not have saved him if he had been shot on the operating table. Some people are just mean.

That's why you use the failure drill. Also known as the Mozambique technique. 2 to the body, assess, if he didn't go down 1 to the head.

Some of the agents did have revolvers and I think one of the revolver armed agents finished them off though he was badly wounded.

Ammo technology has advanced but I still prefer my 45.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007

I've never shot a gun.

#cuckvictim