Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

3 Point Line

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Makes basketball boring as fuck

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Partly...

I think a lot of it has to do with the reliance on isolation. College basketball still has moments when you see teams run sets and actually run plays. You see guys moving without the ball.

In the NBA you basically have either pick and roll or isolation. Somebody like Lebron James, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, etc. handle the rock and either find space to shoot, penetrate for a shot or contact, or they penetrate and kick to a three point shooter. I think this most of all is hurting the NBA.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I agree that the 3 pt line has hurt the game. Guys have become much better at shooting them so coaches don't mind when their team jacks 30-40 up per game. And if you can average 35% or better, you're ahead of the game. Maybe discount the 3 pt line until 5 minutes left in the game to keep it somewhat exciting if a team is 10-12 pts behind.

Unfortunately you can't really move the line back any further unless you were to widen the whole court.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2018
    salemcoog said:

I agree that the 3 pt line has hurt the game. Guys have become much better at shooting them so coaches don't mind when their team jacks 30-40 up per game. And if you can average 35% or better, you're ahead of the game. Maybe discount the 3 pt line until 5 minutes left in the game to keep it somewhat exciting if a team is 10-12 pts behind.

Unfortunately you can't really move the line back any further unless you were to widen the whole court.

Or count dunks as 3 points as well. I'd love to see more players throwing it down.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Or count dunks as 3 points as well. I'd love to see more players throwing it down.
    Welp... I think that's where the game started to go to shit in the 90's. GM's were drafting athletes first and Bball players second. It wasn't until the last few years that skill once again became a priority.