Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jayden Jernigan, 4* 2019 DT, Allen, TX (Offered)

Comments

• NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

Jernigan is good. He's a beast against double teams either busting through them to make the tackle himself or disrupting the play to help his teammates make the tackle. Solid #2 NT prospect on the board behind Mathew Pola-Mao who's going to SC. With Tuitele and Pola-Mao going to SC; UW needs to get Jernigan and Paama which would be Gaines and Vea part two.

You're forgetting Apu Ika. He's pretty similar to Letuligasenoa and a more natural fit at nose tackle. I like Jernigan, but he's still number 4 after Tuitele, Ika and Paama. I'd take all three of those guys. The thing with Paama though is that he could play guard as well, so I'd still take him if we landed Jernigan to help with getting Ndoma-Ogar.

No point in even talking about Pola-Mao. He might as well have a Trojan tattoed on his neck.
    Ika is not bad but he's a fat ass and doesn't look as quick as Jernigan.
    You do realize how fucking quick Ika will drop that weight when Socha gets a hold of him right? The way he holds 360+ right now is impressive
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Who cares if he's 360. We have a fucking nutritionist. We have a god-tier strength coach. Ika moves really well for his size. Imagine him at a more svelte 330. He'd be a great fit for our scheme.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Same school and position as Levi ... Levi is going to be a terror this year ... not hard to see the success that he is having and think that it could translate.

Like Jernigan, Levi wasn’t heavily recruited by the ELITE local powers ... more of the 2nd tier.

We should stack quite favorably to those 2nd tier schools

Levi was offered by Oklahoma (and UGA, Miami, Michigan, etc). Isn't Oklahoma behind only UT in the TX offer pecking order?

Depending on the year/coach OU is sometimes #1
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Levi’s second school was Michigan. Pretty sure he never got an Okie offer. I think it was us and Michigan.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

Jernigan is good. He's a beast against double teams either busting through them to make the tackle himself or disrupting the play to help his teammates make the tackle. Solid #2 NT prospect on the board behind Mathew Pola-Mao who's going to SC. With Tuitele and Pola-Mao going to SC; UW needs to get Jernigan and Paama which would be Gaines and Vea part two.

You're forgetting Apu Ika. He's pretty similar to Letuligasenoa and a more natural fit at nose tackle. I like Jernigan, but he's still number 4 after Tuitele, Ika and Paama. I'd take all three of those guys. The thing with Paama though is that he could play guard as well, so I'd still take him if we landed Jernigan to help with getting Ndoma-Ogar.

No point in even talking about Pola-Mao. He might as well have a Trojan tattoed on his neck.
    You do realize how fucking quick Ika will drop that weight when Socha gets a hold of him right? The way he holds 360+ right now is impressive
    Doesn't matter. There is always the risk the guy stays fat in college and never reaches his full potential. Jernigan is a better player and doesn't come with the risk of being a fat ass in college. Jernigan was offered way before Ika which should tell you something considering Utah is Malloe's main stomping grounds and Ika plays for the same team as Lolohea and Taimani. Jernigan is higher on the board.
    Good fucking Christ you are REALLY stupid sometimes
    Sometimes?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

Doesn't matter. There is always the risk the guy stays fat in college and never reaches his full potential. Jernigan is a better player and doesn't come with the risk of being a fat ass in college. Jernigan was offered way before Ika which should tell you something considering Utah is Malloe's main stomping grounds and Ika plays for the same team as Lolohea and Taimani. Jernigan is higher on the board.
    Good fucking Christ you are REALLY stupid sometimes
    Sometims?
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Levi’s second school was Michigan. Pretty sure he never got an Okie offer. I think it was us and Michigan.

Random thought, but what happened to UW having to fight Harbaugh for all the same recruits? 2016/17 classes it felt like it was a head to head for so many guys... but with 2018 the only guy was Julius Irvin and that was just a courtesy visit.

Michigan suddenly didn't land a single kid west of TX in 2018, and it finished as being by far their worst class in the Harbaugh era.

Have to wonder if they try to reestablish their West coast recruiting for the 2019 cycle.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s called Harbaugh sucks ass and the fact that he constantly gets his shit pushed in by Urban destroys his reputation
    NEsnake12 said:

Random thought, but what happened to UW having to fight Harbaugh for all the same recruits? 2016/17 classes it felt like it was a head to head for so many guys... but with 2018 the only guy was Julius Irvin and that was just a courtesy visit.

Michigan suddenly didn't land a single kid west of TX in 2018, and it finished as being by far their worst class in the Harbaugh era.

Have to wonder if they try to reestablish their West coast recruiting for the 2019 cycle.
    The shine has worn off with Harbaugh. He's a good coach, but he hasn't been able to find a half-decent QB and his offensive assistants like Pep Hamilton and Tim Drevno are imbeciles.

He needs to start winning more games and scoring some points on offense if he's going to be a hype-based recruiter. Otherwise he needs to hire some assistants with personalities in stead of the white try-hard guys like we used to have.

Oh, and I'm counting Pep Hamilton as a white guy. And yeah, I'm really not worried about Michigan stealing any west coast croots from us until any of this changes. They're not even gonna take croots from Rutgers any more because Pedo State will beat them to it now.

They're not the hot new thing any more. They need something tangible to point to.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Michigan gas never had a big presence in .CA. They didn't sign any CA kids in 2015 or 2017 either.

I think 2016 was an unique situation for a number of reasons:

-As noted by others, Harbaugh was newly returned to NCAAF and generating a lot of free press and buzz among recruits. He had the Summer Swarm camp tour, the sleepover at the Murphy's, going to class at De La Salle and probably a number of other stories I've since forgotten.

-Drevno was at USC the year before and therefore had connections to a lot of the top So Cal recruits. Also Harbaugh had California cred as the former 9ers coach.

- The fact that quite a few SoCal prospects showed early interest in Michigan made it a good value proposition to recruit aggressively in SoCal. Especially since Tagaloa and Asiasi were thought to be a package deal.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Michigan is going to be pretty good this year if Patterson is eligible.
  • dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179

Then Levi is a liar.

Just Received an Offer from the University Of Oklahoma! OU #BoomerSooner

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Then Levi is a liar.

Just Received an Offer from the University Of Oklahoma! OU #BoomerSooner

Nice - when did he get that offer? a/k/a thanks for posting the tweet you moron.
    RDR said:
    What is their public transport situation like? Can it compete with Seattle?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did we tell his hs coach to fuck off yet?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So who wins the natty - Shea Patterson or Herbert?

Both Michigan and Oregon will suck this year.