Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why this isn't like Watergate

124»

Comments

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Nixon wanted to use the FBI and the CIA to get the local police to back off the burglary investigation. They refused. When Nixon want his AG to fire Cox he resigned instead. Our institutions put their integrity, such as it was and is, before helping the President. Then Nixon's own party led by Goldwater told him enough is enough and he resigned.

Obama wanted to use the FBI and the DOJ and the Intel agencies to block the investigation of Hillary and to spy on Trump and they all said hell yes. We have proof of this coming out everyday no matter how much you want to deny it.

Comey attacked the integrity of the FBI and Lynch destroyed the integrity of the DOJ on the tarmac in Arizona when she met Bill.

Nixon wanted the IRS to go after political opponents. Obama wanted Lerner to and she did. That is proven

This isn't Watergate. Its worse

As always, if you find anything close to this on Trump we can talk about Trump. If not it is just a deflection from the bad actors here</

I see these obvious abuses having taken place and it boggles my mind that there are still the useful idiots who convince themselves that it's nothing. Uncle Race, were there a lot of 'usefuls ' like hondo after Watergate who still defended Nixon's actions? (I know there were still plenty who liked Nixon but didn't like his behavior). I'm curious if the average 'Merican 40+ yrs ago was any less brain dead than today and if a large portion of society still had things like independent thoughts... or if the populace was just as mentally enslaved as it is today.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

With all the criminal activity I've read on HH that Obama and Hillary have done. I'm surprised they haven't been indicted and thrown in jail. Maybe someone should launch an investigation to get to the bottom of it.

And what will you say when it happens?

And the man calling the shots: (after Georgie boy tells him what to do)

• CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

With all the criminal activity I've read on HH that Obama and Hillary have done. I'm surprised they haven't been indicted and thrown in jail. Maybe someone should launch an investigation to get to the bottom of it.

Indictments? Jail time?

One more memo from nunes’ staff, or opinion column from the NY Post or Andrew mcccarthy ought to do the trick, don’t you think? This thing is really starting to heat up.

Trump was abused and victimized by the most brazen work of evil political genius in US history. Someone needs to do something!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Indictments? Jail time?

One more memo from nunes’ staff, or opinion column from the NY Post or Andrew mcccarthy ought to do the trick, don’t you think? This thing is really starting to heat up.

Trump was abused and victimized by the most brazen work of evil political genius in US history. Someone needs to do something!
    Hopefully it will be here before Cali drops into the abyss so you can see it.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pawz said:

dflea said:

Yay.

You must have missed the part about fucking off.

Try again, dumbfuck Republican apologist faggot.

You were a FISA court and Patriot Act fan back in the day and now you pretend only one side of the aisle is crooked enough to abuse both of them.

If you want to be a bigger faggot, Sledog might be able to help. You're already at maximum fag, though.

dflea said:

Bravo...further proof it was too long for "Hey you are a 'fag' for pointing out I'm dumb" to comprehend...

Further proof you're a faggot.

If you just walked around with a cock in your mouth you wouldn't have to spend so much time posting stuff that fits your narrative and ignoring anything that doesn't.

@dflea after a few adult beverages!
    The flea don't need no booze to engage in homoerotic fantasy.

Just as the creep don't need no mescaline to belch the non sense that goes from his twisted mind to keyboard. It all comes clean and naturally.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    pawz said:

Its simple...in Watergate you had Republicans that looked at what happened and said they didn't approve.

Now no matter what laws were broken and whatever happened you won't see a single Democrat look at the same thing and say it was wrong. They will defend their own until the bitter end...hell look at HondoFS, boobs and Cirrhosis of the brain as examples...

Seriously dood. If there were only one single thing with which I'd take issue with the current republican party, it would be that.

Other than McCain, and once in a while, depending on just how far off the reservation (sorry Swaye) the administration has gone, another one or two lone Rs standing in the way, this is party politics today. Please regale me with tales of Ryan and the other Hitler youth standing against the tide. Jeebus you could have picked almost any other issue.

I won't say the Ds are any better, but come on. The former party of Reagan, now the party of dim-witted tea baggers, will support anyfuckingthing that comes out the banana play book.

There is literally zero room for maneuver on this one.

PS: if anything, the left has eaten, and will eat, their own. Axe Weinstein or one of the other numerous Hollywood and other placed men who are now being called to the carpet for being too handsy in the past. Those fuckers will ruin anybody, regardless of party affiliation.
    I think it's fair to say Ran Paul isn't a 'yes man' either...
    Agreed. Paul isn't really a republican either. He's a staunch libertarian who knows he has to operate in the real world.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Since Cirrhosis of the brain is eager to hear what others at National Review have to say here is today's column from not McCarthy (again too long for him and a few others to read/comprehend but makes some great points):

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456354/fisa-scandal-clinton-obama-corruption-lawbreaking-whats-next-prosecution

Makes many of the same points Race made in the initial post on how if you let this go all you do is make everyone more cynical towards govt and the fact laws don't apply to everybody, and you basically endorse this type of behavior going forward for future administrations because there are no consequences for it.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2018

Since Cirrhosis of the brain is eager to hear what others at National Review have to say here is today's column from not McCarthy (again too long for him and a few others to read/comprehend but makes some great points):

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456354/fisa-scandal-clinton-obama-corruption-lawbreaking-whats-next-prosecution

Makes many of the same points Race made in the initial post on how if you let this go all you do is make everyone more cynical towards govt and the fact laws don't apply to everybody, and you basically endorse this type of behavior going forward for future administrations because there are no consequences for it.

That's cute how you thought Race came up with that post from his own brain power.

I read NRO every day. All of it. I don’t read McCarthy and VDH and then run over to HH like a little bitch.

“Oh! Oh! You have to read this!1! This is bigger than watergate!1!1!”

Good luck with this “trump is a victim” schtick. Confirms my belief all along is that he is a giant fucking pussy. This couldnt be more advantageous to state rights advocates like me.

Cynicism about the federal government and thus is a bad precedent? Lol! Didn’t see you being such a strong advocate for the departments of Ag, Ed, energy, HUD, etc. sounds like you are an anti-freedom big government “conservative.”

Ehl Oh Ehl.

In other news, Salemkewg runs the risk of being stupid. Oh wait ....
    salemcoog said:

pawz said:

dflea said:

Yay.

You were a FISA court and Patriot Act fan back in the day and now you pretend only one side of the aisle is crooked enough to abuse both of them.

If you want to be a bigger faggot, Sledog might be able to help. You're already at maximum fag, though.

dflea said:

Bravo...further proof it was too long for "Hey you are a 'fag' for pointing out I'm dumb" to comprehend...

If you just walked around with a cock in your mouth you wouldn't have to spend so much time posting stuff that fits your narrative and ignoring anything that doesn't.

Just as the creep don't need no mescaline to belch the non sense that goes from his twisted mind to keyboard. It all comes clean and naturally.
    Good grief and Jim Jiminy Christmas CUOG!!!!!!!!

The struggle is real, and it continues. You've not even returned to form since the Oregon Chicken Wire debacle (which was entirely of your own doing). Any by "form", I mean your baseline of just really fucking stupid. It appears you're stuck well past that poont.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2018

salemcoog said:

pawz said:

dflea said:

Yay.

dflea said:

The struggle is real, and it continues. You've not even returned to form since the Oregon Chicken Wire debacle (which was entirely of your own doing). Any by "form", I mean your baseline of just really fucking stupid. It appears you're stuck well past that poont.
    Let that mescaline creep in creep. Don't fight it. Let it take you on it's journey.

Besides many many people Looooved the Chicken Wire thread. The support for it has been Yuuuuge amongst many. While your support cums mainly from being the Puppy of the Tug.

See the difference?
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

I read NRO every day. All of it. I don’t read McCarthy and VDH and then run over to HH like a little bitch.

Good luck with this “trump is a victim” schtick. Confirms my belief all along is that he is a giant fucking pussy. This couldnt be more advantageous to state rights advocates like me.

Cynicism about the federal government and thus is a bad precedent? Lol! Didn’t see you being such a strong advocate for the departments of Ag, Ed, energy, HUD, etc. sounds like you are an anti-freedom big government “conservative.”
    There is a difference between reading and understanding as you not so eloquently display...

One simple example. You are the one screaming Trump as if he is the issue. He's a bystander and immaterial to the discussion (how again is he related to the IRS and Hillary email scandals, and even to the FBI lying to get FISA warrants?)

The issue is the behavior of certain folks in the FBI, DOJ, and the previous administration. The fact after 4 pages you still can't understand that simple detail says everything you (well, not you...you are a little too dense for that) need to know. Add to that you apparently can't comprehend the difference between the rule of law and govt philosophies for things like "Ag, Ed, energy, HUD, etc" and you start entering HondoFS territory...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

There is a difference between reading and understanding as you not so eloquently display...

One simple example. You are the one screaming Trump as if he is the issue. He's a bystander and immaterial to the discussion (how again is he related to the IRS and Hillary email scandals, and even to the FBI lying to get FISA warrants?)

The issue is the behavior of certain folks in the FBI, DOJ, and the previous administration. The fact after 4 pages you still can't understand that simple detail says everything you (well, not you...you are a little too dense for that) need to know. Add to that you apparently can't comprehend the difference between the rule of law and govt philosophies for things like "Ag, Ed, energy, HUD, etc" and you start entering HondoFS territory...
    You are concerned about the behavior of “certain folks” in the federal government?

I’d recommend you run with that...

I read 4 pages of “trump is a giant pussy” on this thread. “Rule of law?” You are so fucked.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Trump is a bystander.

lol

Swaye's Wigwam

Nixon wanted to use the FBI and the CIA to get the local police to back off the burglary investigation. They refused. When Nixon want his AG to fire Cox he resigned instead. Our institutions put their integrity, such as it was and is, before helping the President. Then Nixon's own party led by Goldwater told him enough is enough and he resigned.

Obama wanted to use the FBI and the DOJ and the Intel agencies to block the investigation of Hillary and to spy on Trump and they all said hell yes. We have proof of this coming out everyday no matter how much you want to deny it.

Comey attacked the integrity of the FBI and Lynch destroyed the integrity of the DOJ on the tarmac in Arizona when she met Bill.

Nixon wanted the IRS to go after political opponents. Obama wanted Lerner to and she did. That is proven

This isn't Watergate. Its worse

As always, if you find anything close to this on Trump we can talk about Trump. If not it is just a deflection from the bad actors here</

I see these obvious abuses having taken place and it boggles my mind that there are still the useful idiots who convince themselves that it's nothing. Uncle Race, were there a lot of 'usefuls ' like hondo after Watergate who still defended Nixon's actions? (I know there were still plenty who liked Nixon but didn't like his behavior). I'm curious if the average 'Merican 40+ yrs ago was any less brain dead than today and if a large portion of society still had things like independent thoughts... or if the populace was just as mentally enslaved as it is today. </p>

Nixon won 49 states in 1972, 5 months after the Watergate break in. By August 1974 he was gone. His approval rating was in the low 30s. The democrats ran against him for ever. Still do to this day.

I went on a date with a gal on New Years 1984 instead of watching Nebraska kill the Canes in the Orange Bowl. I started laughing when she said she liked Nixon. Date was over. No warning, just gone. Got home to watch Nebraska miss the 2 point conversion.

History has been kinder to Nixon. He was a better liberal than Obama for example. Opened up China, started the EPA and OSHA. Stopped the war.

He was a paranoid fuck but they were also out to get him. I hated him with the derangement you see for Trump today among the unbalanced. He lasted long enough for me to rip to shreds in my high school graduation speech 2 months before he resigned

#Courage
    Swaye's Wigwam

Quote fuck up

Derek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

pawz said:

dflea said:

Yay.

dflea said:

Let that mescaline creep in creep. Don't fight it. Let it take you on it's its journey.

Besides many many people Looooved the Chicken Wire thread. The support for it has been Yuuuuge amongst many. While your support cums mainly from being the Puppy of the Tug.

See the difference?
    So now you're going with the @MikeSeaver "my threads are popular" angle?

Jeebus. Really great move.

#imastoopidkewg

#thestruggleisreel

#icouldhavegonetouwifiwanted

#3gamewinstreaksrcool